The 'What have you just broken' Thread

Ian_Gere
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well after a game day that i did not play in i ended up with a sniper rifle firing about 3 feet and my SR-16 has a seized gearbox!

last time i lend my gun to anyone!

Beemer? Why? You can't have fun in a BMW.

Besides, I already have a GBBR that i use more, so this is really just sitting here taking up room.

It's just £500 doing nothing.

You've obviously never turned off the DTC when driving ;)

Lost my VSR 10 buttplate in the woods during yesterday's MILSIM. Probably going to fashion something up with Sorbothane and foam.

Shitty ACM headset I got for a fiver also got wrecked,disintegrated in my hands. Got to see the guts though. It looks like somebody set a rabid 5 year old with a soldering iron on it!

Not mine,but shot out a someone's flashlight at Yesterday's game. Never got to actually see him/her since I had to leave early due to ill health. Hopefully it was not too expensive. Surprising since my rifle's only putting out 250,but I was using .28s,added mass must have packed a fair punch.

• 2 weeks later...

Lent out my SR-16 at the last game to get it back not working.........decided to take it apart myself. Now these things have lots of gucci functions which make it a bitch to get apart!

anyway all done and found the tappet plate in 2 bits. the broken off part had then jammed in the piston stopping it from moving.

58586333-02C4-4728-B32C-DAB3155A4A61.jpg

My new CA MP5 arrived. The pin on the front handguard had been screwed together so tight that the tip of whatever had been used to screw it in was still in the screw and when I tried to unscrew it, the whole pin disintegrated. Have just ordered a set of MP5 push pins. The pins from my Well MP5 won't fit as they have flanges to stop the pin rotating as you take the screws out.

• Supporters

I've been looking for replacement springs for mid caps, so i'd have thought the follower/plunger-thingy would be with them if they were for sale separately. Sadly I've seen neither. Anybody else?

How about http://www.air-lab.co.uk/products/hsa-uemf.html but no springs!

Anyone got any tips for fitting a Guarder metal slide to a Marui MEU? Specifically re-fitting the blow back unit... it seems that the weird tab on the back of the stock Novak sights is stopping the unit from seating correctly in the slide.

Happy to start fettling but wondered if anyone had any advice before I get the dremel out!

• 2 weeks later...

1st time out with my new toys, I dropped one of the mags for my new MK23 socom. It developed a leak in the corner where the base plate is joined to the main body of the mag :(

Have resealed it with epoxy glue around the seam, the leak is fixed and the mag still fits in the gun :)

• Supporters

Russ mate, it's got to the stage where everytime i skirmish I break something. Last time was the lip on my Quadstack AK-74 mag => gone but not forgotten :lol:

Also busted the rear sight on my new CM.048 - the retailer actually warns you not to lift it too far forward, but I had to see why... like a cock! Sorta fixed with a bolt, but stuck a bit elevated :(

Poundworld epoxy glue fixes everything :)

Araldite might be better but it costs more than a pound :D

Talking of broken stuff, one guy on Thursday was using an MP5 which had been in an accident, the front end was missing with just the inner barrel sticking out but bent down at a slight angle. It still worked and looked like a rather cool sci-fi pistol :D

Well my DE M56C cocks 3 rounds but only fires 1, with 2 falling out.

And since its a DE, no warranty. Ive only had it for 2 months and fired less than 50 shells with it!

Looks like im stripping it and finding out what just went wrong :D

• Supporters

^^i realise it's a bummer for you, but do us all a favour and take pics while you're doing it - best to start a new thread :)

i for one have no idea how a tri-shot works, in particular the hop

it'd be great to see the internals even if you don't manage to fix it, but you never know, somebody may be able to help

• 3 months later...

just picked up my aug, now working, course the only batterys that i brought that fit in it were dead, so i went about using my tm super 90 for the first game was doing really well got more kills than deaths til as i racked it back and as i brought the pump forward it just kept going... the whole pistol grip section just came right off... was able to use it without it for a while with difficulty but ended up swaping to my m4( this is why i have multiple guns, lol.)furtunately the guys at the shop were able to give me one off someones broken one they were given for parts... i have since decided i want a different style of grip, like the one used by eli in the book of eli... need to find me a block of wood...

i managed to break one of the lugs/ears that is near the pistolgrip that the trigger guard pin goes through, when trying to fit my magpul trigger guard (even had a piece of wood beneath for support!), went with a crack, managed to put the guard in using the good lug, and just glue the broken piece back on (pushed the pin into it first though...nightmare!

• Supporters

I can't remember all the stuff I've broken since my last entry, but this weekend 1 of the captain insignia stars came off my Soviet Afganka uniform (I realised this was going to happen and ordered more in advance).

And the old and knackered (but beautiful) MAG AK-74 mags I had fixed with new springs pretty much failed - they had been working fine at home but outside they failed to hold BB's, spraying them at the slightest bump (fortunately I had a hicap spare) / back to the drawing board because replacing the catch spring is not really an option... where would I get 1 that small strong enough? But worse, I would have to physically break the mags into their 2 halves, which is impossible to do without leaving narsty tool marks (I've done it on one which had a jammed retention stopper). I'm thinking maybe cut down the fierce springs I used for the followers and stretch them to fit a longer track...

Oh yeah, Phatima is no longer feeding BB's and as yet I do not know why. Nothing significant changed since she was working and I've tried swapping back just in case something which I didn't understand was happening, but to no avail. I fear that there may be something wrong with the hop unit itself, which will be a right ball ache since ICS are proprietary and thus I may be at the mercy of fire-support...

And how could I forget? Tatiana's folding stock catch has broken, which really does need the £50 steel replacement rather than the £34 cheese one.

Not so bothered about this but my HG-106 has given up the ghost due to filling it with green gas instead of goldfish farts or whatever it was intended to use. If the valve comes out without having to buy a tool I may attempt to fix it, if not I may buy a 2 tone and swap internals, if i see one going cheap enough, but it's probably had its chips...

My M14, this is a few weeks ago now, but at AI it was doing 120fps, It has been repaired now. Seals had gone on the cylinder head, snapped spring (wut? at that point the rifle had been used for 2 hours total), wiring loom had melted and torn hop rubber. All because i kept in the tent over night in -5, and then fired a few burst of auto in the morning. YAY.

Lubricant dried on the VSR cylinder so it has trouble pushing that massive air mass in the cylinder compression zone,causing piston hang which reduces power greatly when it comes into any resistance. Add to that,the Hop up rubber is misaligned causing BBs to sit improperly. I poorly cleaned it too so there's still some soap soaked into it causing slickness. Slickness and misalignment means that the BB is not being hopped properly. These two minor problems net in fuck all range (Yet is still surprisingly accurate :P). I lose about 20% of velocity when turning the hop up on. CBA taking it apart really,I've got a Mate's Wombat machine on the desk in bad need of some tuning. I'll fix it eventually sure,be grand.

Mid cap mag springs in fact all of them not feeding quick enough resulting in lots of chopping! Any ideas where to source replacements for MAG 120 rd mid caps ?

Probably easier to just replace the mags :P

• Supporters

Mid cap mag springs in fact all of them not feeding quick enough resulting in lots of chopping! Any ideas where to source replacements for MAG 120 rd mid caps ?

Are you sure it's the mags? Is if feeding correctly with any other mags?

• Supporters

Lozart and I just did exactly that - RSOV for the springs. I'm having issues with them though: they worked fine indoors but when i took them to skirmish, they didn't want to hold BB's and sprayed them at the slightest bump. I'm gonna try stretching them so there's less power in the same length.

Archived