The 'What have you just broken' Thread

Ian_Gere
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Yeah, that's them. Like I said, they are fierce, but I'm hopeful that stretching them will work out OK. BTW I also had to cut them down to fit MAG AK-74 mags which are supposed to be about the same number of rounds.

I bought a KWA PTP 1911 pistol and the spring follower kept sticking, fixed that issue but broke the magazine catch to hold the spring down when loading. Luckily mag still works

A G&P Aimpoint 30mm. Got smashed on the side of a barracde in Epsom bunker! Not that it was much use down there, the red point on minimum was far too bright and was blinding me. Still it wasn't intentional.

• Supporters

Oh yeah, I also got the glass of my Soviet wrist compass shot through* and the magazine follower on one of my Skorpion mags broke, but I don't think that is going to prove much, if anything, of a problem.

*By stubbornly not bothering to seek cover while attacking the fort @Skirmish - just kneeling comfortably leant against a tree in our regen sniping at the defenders on the battlements. Their height gave some of them range on me with AEG's and I just ignored the hits... serves me right really.

my m92 holster. ok fair enough it is a cheap one(was like a tenner) and i had to cut it a bit to make mine fit into it. and i had super glued it to prevent it spinning (not that that had stopped it) fell apart during the first mad dash from spawn sending my pistol flying whilst in no mans land. now ive it in pieces ive it cut some plastic so it should sit perfectly this time, just to find when i went to reconstruct it ive lost the nut and i definitely had it at home yesterday... grumble... the search begins....

I also lost a nut for holding on the rail riser in Epsom as well (left hand side tunnel if anyone does find it!!!). I felt something get stuck to the shirt and I just freed myself and carried on, little did I know that had worked the nut loose. Searched for it with a flashlight but that place is dark beyond belief and had no luck finding it.

bad damn day

photo34_zps6e59d661.jpg

photo29_zps1b8b270a.jpg

photo18_zpsffe544a8.jpg

• Supporters

Wow what was the FPS on that, Geoff?

Sorry, couldn't help it... what a shit sandwich. Are you ok?

Lost my Ohshiboom :(

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.8100717,-0.606636,95m/data=!3m1!1e3

it's somewhere around here.

I threw it along the track and it bounced into the nettles at the side never to be seen again. I also seem to be down 1 king arms Sten mag.

• Supporters

^^I bought a 4x version of 1 of these; 2 for my Thunder B's, and 2 spare for anything else I might end up throwing in future (like my dummy out of my pram for eg).

• Supporters

I think I may have pulled off a minor miracle - got through 2 days of skirmishing with no kit breakages or losses!

Turns out that the MP7 drop-leg I bought for my Skorpion is useless when moving at anything faster than my habitual geriatric dawdle however - will need more or different straps. Tore the securing strap off the GP-5 respirator bag I use as a dump pouch with my Soviet loadout - TBF it was never intended to attach to a person's leg and now it's off that's the incentive to put some canvas webbing on there instead.

Oh I also snapped the stem on my pipe :(

Also on my way to the event I had everything loaded on a bike and the front tyre exploded when changing trains at Southampton. there was a split over an inch long in the inner tube. On the way home it was fine, someone went to Halfords and got me a new inner tube. There was a rail replacement bus service at Southampton though which won't take a bike so I had to go via Portsmouth in the hope I could bypass it (no station staff about to ask if this would work).

Despite all the losses and problems, best game ever :)

• Supporters

Oh I also snapped the stem on my pipe :(

Bit through it under artillery fire, did you? :lol:

Despite all the losses and problems, best game ever :)

The pics look good. I genuinely wish I could afford a whole new loadout and weapons set, but for now I can't.

Bit through it under artillery fire, did you? :lol:

The pics look good. I genuinely wish I could afford a whole new loadout and weapons set, but for now I can't.

Theres a WW2 game at combat south on 21st June, by then I should have Aussie gear but it's a Normandy game. Only excuse I can think of to have an Aussie loadout would be lending my other gear to someone :D

And no, knelt on it getting out of my tent :(

• Supporters

It's the money mate. I'm going to a 3 day wedding bash not long after that and sadly i don't have any choices of accommodation other than expensive and fucking ridiculous.

got a new shotgun belt(obviously second hand but leather is leather, and was a fairly good price) just to disover all the stitiching is rotting and falling appart. fortunately its just a case of replacing the stitches whch isnt too hard as the holes are already in it fromt he previous stitches but im just glad i realised this before skirmish and loosing my shotty shells.... does look the part though...

DSCN0956_zpsc879a951.jpg

• Supporters

I used this to restitch the belt loop of my Czech Skorpion holster when the stitching gave up the ghost. Worked really well, but it needs a loop needle threader because it's multiple thin threads and you'll never get 'em all through a needle eye without one.

• 1 month later...

broke my shotgun again. this time the conection joint for the stock snapped clean off...

err anyone know of any good assembly vids/pics, ive one part i cant figure out where to put it...

Ouch

CD3CAE0A-ED62-4E3A-A896-BEA8E07A8F2E.jpg

Stanly knife vs my trigger finger..........knife won!

Major bolt problem with the Warrior L96. First it was auto-firing when bolted (Might have been because of me not being shy with greasing it), but now the bolt latch won't even go all the way up. Gonna figure it all out eventually, but it's warmer (I use that term lightly) so I'm gonna break out the GBBR for a while, no need to worry about the 'ol sniper just yet.

By auto firing, do you mean slam firing? As in the bolt slamming foward on its on when pulled back? If so that would likely be your trigger sear.

Archived