UKARA renewal

I'm at the stage where I need to renew my UKARA, it just happens that I'm booked into a different site for this Sundays games & I've booked next Sunday at my usual site (I can only realistically play every couple of months), my question is... 

Do only the games at the site I first got my UKARA count towards my 'registration'?

I'm aware I can be registered at more than one site but for convenience I've always used the local site (which I like), I just fancied a change for this Sunday.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry mate you’re gonna have to surrender all of your pews. I’ll send you my address so you can safely dispose of them! 

From what I’ve experienced, the 4 sites I’ve had ukara registered at throughout the years has always automatically renewed it for me as a regular. Might be worth contacting your regular site and asking if they’d be happy to renew it for you, and explain your circumstances of not being able to play every month to them 🤙🏻

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gavinkempsell said:

I'm at the stage where I need to renew my UKARA, it just happens that I'm booked into a different site for this Sundays games & I've booked next Sunday at my usual site (I can only realistically play every couple of months), my question is... 

Do only the games at the site I first got my UKARA count towards my 'registration'?

I'm aware I can be registered at more than one site but for convenience I've always used the local site (which I like), I just fancied a change for this Sunday.

Thanks in advance.

Your current UKARA number is tied to the site you got it at. it's up to them under what criteria they renew it. If you register at any other site you will need to get a new UKARA number unless those sites are owned by the same company. 

Edited by BigStew

• Supporters

UKARA is just a central register of site memberships.  So, yes, you have to play at the site which registered you.

Did you get an email about it expiring?  From what I've seen, it's been bumped to a 2 year duration now.  Oh, never mind, I think I'm seeing: played mid 2022 -> site renewed my membership early 2023 -> expired early 2024.

14 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

UKARA is just a central register of site memberships.  So, yes, you have to play at the site which registered you.

Did you get an email about it expiring?  From what I've seen, it's been bumped to a 2 year duration now.

Really2 years why the change? I haven't a notification in years. the way find out is when i try to buy something and it gets knocked back. thankfully i can just pm my sites owner to get it renewed. 

6 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Did you get an email about it expiring?  From what I've seen, it's been bumped to a 2 year duration now.

That's interesting, first I've heard about it going to 2 years?

I get an email from my registered site about a month before the end date, fill out the renewal form on their website and I'm renewed for another year.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

From what I've seen, it's been bumped to a 2 year duration now.

I just renewed my membership at Red Alert because I had an email from UKARA to say my number was due to expire 12 months after it was last registered.

Got an email the other day, I was already booked into Area66 for this Sunday & more than happy to keep attending POW as I like the site, the frequency I can play was always going to be a slight concern due to work commitments.

As a big fat man with dodgy knees I was hoping for next weeks holiday to recover from my SaS* style of play, booked into POW for the following Sunday too now, I'll just need to hobble about at work till my knees recover.

*Saturdays and Sundays

10 hours ago, JinxDuh said:

Sorry mate you’re gonna have to surrender all of your pews. I’ll send you my address so you can safely dispose of them!

It'll be collection only & you'll need a van.

Just give your site a shout, usually if you're already registered they'll renew for you anyway.

Are there actually UKARA rules around renewing? the only bit I remember is the three games in no less than 56 days to get registered. 

3 minutes ago, Madhouse said:

Are there actually UKARA rules around renewing

I believe you need to play twice each following year for it to be renewed, don't know if there are other time restrictions tho.

Other than buying new guns what do you need ukara for?

I haven't had it in about 8 years

2 minutes ago, simonh said:

I haven't had it in about 8 years

That is all it's for. The only other thing I can think of is if you get raided and didn't keep your receipts.

33 minutes ago, simonh said:

I'm a collector, if having a UKARA registration 'helps' secure my collection then I'll keep renewing my registration, besides... I like shooting (BB's) at peeps.

27 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

You must not have met Gavin 🤣

Lol

if you are buying new guns regularly then fair enough!

other than that it is a waste of time in my view.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Jacob Wright said:

That's interesting, first I've heard about it going to 2 years?

Empirical anecdote, I had an expiry email this year from UKARA for a site that I hadn't attended since mid 2022.  Hmm, thinking about it, It's possible that the site renewed the membership / UKARA number in 2023 because I'd played in 2022. 🤔

It's all rather opaque and difficult to get a firm answer, especially given that it's our data. 

31 minutes ago, BigStew said:

That is all it's for. The only other thing I can think of is if you get raided and didn't keep your receipts.

I keep a spreadsheet with my pews listed with joules, fps, cost, sources & sadly the era the RS were first released.

started off with the power of each in case I needed to share any info with the authorities.

even sadder is I've added all the kit I've bought too.

27 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

I keep a spreadsheet with my pews listed with joules, fps, cost, sources & sadly the era the RS were first released.

started off with the power of each in case I needed to share any info with the authorities.

even sadder is I've added all the kit I've bought too.

You Dork!! 😂

I think I have a couple of serial numbers written on the back of a bank statement somewhere🤔

24 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

You Dork!! 😂

yup

33 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I started doing that but I was worried the wife might find it and realise they weren't all £30 each after all.

A spreadsheet of your competition wins and guns coming back from repair you say?

38 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I started doing that but I was worried the wife might find it and realise they weren't all £30 each after all.

Oh thank god, I’m not the only one, if she ever found out how much I’ve spent over the last few years, I may never have sex again.😬

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is actually quite interesting for me. I had my UKARA first registered in 2017, the email said it would be active until 2018 but I have not once had a single email since telling me that it has expired or it needs renewing. I have no way of knowing if my number is valid or not (I doubt it) aside from emailing a retailer and asking them to check it for me

Have you bought any rif's from a dealer since? If you're a regular player at the site that registered you then it's maybe been automatically updated.