Firesupport sort of down

Just a heads up Firesupport seem to be finally updating their website which is causing Google search links to not work.

• Supporters

Accounts aren't working either. Tried logging in and my account didn't exist, had to create a new one (lost all my wishlist and order history)

2 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Accounts aren't working either. Tried logging in and my account didn't exist, had to create a new one (lost all my wishlist and order history)

Well that sucks.

Glad they're finally updating it, will be a tad annoying if I have to set up a new account again but not the end of the world I suppose.

Oh my god it's awful. I can't find anything anywhere as easily as the old website.

And my wish list was huge - I would frequently use it to list parts for projects, ordering when budget allowed.

I ran into the same problem when I was working on an updated website earlier this year.  It's perfectly doable, just need extra time that's all.  Maybe FS didn't want to pay for the export/import work, but for me carrying over that kind of information is quite important.  If they couldn't do that at least leave the old website up in read-only format so customers can check past orders.

They did have a note on their old website saying order info and accounts will be lost on the new website. I didn't realise they had wishlists. My guess is the new website is good enough to go live and they'll iron out the kinks as they go. 

I wonder if they can give you your wishlist / data if you ask for it. The servers for the old website will likely still be there. Just not accessible to the Web. 

That's a real shame, like others I used to add items to the wishlist function and then wait for a notification when they were in stock.

I appreciate things have to be updated, but it seems shortsighted that accounts couldn't be transferred.

2 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

Everybody else is unhappy with the site, meanwhile I’m glad I can browse on mobile without having to zoom in a bunch 😂

Fair point 😂 maybe I'll spend more money there now its more accessible!

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

Everybody else is unhappy with the site, meanwhile I’m glad I can browse on mobile without having to zoom in a bunch 😂

That's exactly what first alerted me to the change! Mobile is SO much better.

Not going to lie, on mobile it now looks really slick and the search options are now so much better. 

New site is horrible on a laptop , and like others have said, account has vanished.