Military models

Evening folks, I'm looking for recommendations for military model ranges, I lack the patience for airfix etc & carpal tunnel rules out fidly model construction so what options are there?

I don't mind the likes of Kobi/Lego but really looking for quality built diecast type.

Next time I speak to the boy, I'll ask him to go to BiCamera ... it's a Japanese tech store that has an insane range of stuff.  I seem to remember going through their toy section and there being some really cool looking models.   Not sure how much assembly they require, or the brand names.

Perhaps they'll be available some how through mail order some where.

Another idea would be to find a Warhammer or D&D forum and see if they have any ideas.

21 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Another idea would be to find a Warhammer or D&D forum and see if they have any ideas.

Isn't that science fiction stuff?

Was thinking more about tanks n stuff :)

1 minute ago, gavinkempsell said:

Isn't that science fiction stuff?

Was thinking more about tanks n stuff :)

It is sci-fi, but lots of little models.... I'm thinking they'd know where to get the stuff you're looking for. 

1 hour ago, gavinkempsell said:

Evening folks, I'm looking for recommendations for military model ranges, I lack the patience for airfix etc & carpal tunnel rules out fidly model construction so what options are there?

I don't mind the likes of Kobi/Lego but really looking for quality built diecast type.

I've got some lead soldiers in the loft. The kids used to play with them when they were babies. 😉

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, Shamal said:

I've got some lead soldiers in the loft. The kids used to play with them when they were babies. 😉

I bet they sucked all that lovely lead based paint off them too 😂

2 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

Forces Of Valor do  some very nice WWII diecast.

55 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Says the guy who wants a Scotch Pie posted 469 miles ;)

• 3 months later...

I finally decided to go down the modelling route, hands currently dotted with Revell enamel paint.

I wish I had the time to do this. I live directly opposite a model shop and they have a butt ton of awesome looking stuff. 

All of the lads in there do Airsoft aswell which kinda helps the conversations we've had about paints and whatnot.

😁

Very nice. I've got a couple of airfix kits I've had for years that I never seem to get round to starting

It's an attempt to buy less airsoft pews (not many I don't already have that I want(famous last words)), I might have simply moved from one collection to another tho, already looking at air compressors... DOH!

Edited by ButcherBill

• 2 weeks later...

Can you tell I've taken a step back from spending my kids inheritace on airsoft?

Spending it on 'other things'

Hands up if you've spend your fair share of time in the back of a crowded landy.

457335506_26523863683895682_2576449972534147487_n.jpg

457803315_26523864543895596_8159288974110131172_n.jpg

457383511_26523865343895516_6739840186731671582_n.jpg

457438883_26523866317228752_5886590448421053636_n.jpg

457524744_26523867173895333_647036501312829651_n.jpg

Edited by ButcherBill