GBBR or AEG?

I only get to skirmish every couple of months due to work and on the 10th I'll be at POW in Scotland, so in preperation for my day I've been setting up my pews, hop, sights etc... got the Scar H, set up nicely but I honestly don't know if I can be arsed with the weight of the pew & mags, think I'll get the XM177 ready tomorrow but at the moment I expect I'll prob use L85 & Mk18 aeg's instead.

I know I should use the GBBR's due to the cost but don't know if I want to, convince me/change my mind... please!

If it's cold? Aeg

If it's warm? GBBR

It also depends on how energetic I'm feeling, if good then aeg because 120 rounds > 30 😂

2 minutes ago, Herrgh said:

Neither. Use one of these:

Doubt I'd have the puff for full auto.

Just now, gavinkempsell said:

Doubt I'd have the puff for full auto.

Neither do I. Asthma.

15 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

If it's cold? Aeg

If it's warm? GBBR

Pretty much my answer as well. GBBRs are fun, but they're... frustrating when it's chilly

37 minutes ago, Impulse said:

Pretty much my answer as well. GBBRs are fun, but they're... frustrating when it's chilly

My MP7 , its the 'umarex' one so I think VFC, is fine down to temperatures where I'm thinking sod this I'm off for a brew !

Keep your mags close to a part of your body to give them a little bit of a chance

I ran my gbbr last weekend at A66 , well after lunch I did. Ran the aeg in the morning as it was a wee bit chilly until the sun got overhead

In my humble and irrelevant opinion…

GBBRs are for fun with your buds, AEGs are for when you have to show everyone who’s boss.

Clearly, GBBRs can still be competitive, and I know several players who do great with them, but AEGs are simply better at being airsoft guns.

GBBR on HPA. Why not having the best of both worlds? 😎

37 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Because : Gunbilical Cord

This!  Several years ago, I used a friend’s HPA sniper rifle for a day.  Never again.

It only remained on HPA for a short time as he also hated it.

40 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Because : Gunbilical Cord

I'm stealing this for every time someone asks me why I don't like HPA (though I do love HPA stocks on guns because of the lack of this item!)

"Gunbilical" ... excellent 👏

And for that reason I'm still waiting on my first chance to try my tippmann HPA on the field.  That will very much decide whether I invest in an HPA adapter for my '416, or buy extra mags.  

Or another AEG

(The temptation to buy a cheap electric mp5 remains strong, if unjustifiable)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

I take it you're driving there, so if there's boot space then take it all and then decide when you get there. That's what I do anyway.

1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

The temptation to buy a cheap electric mp5 remains strong

When it comes to MP5s, always give in to the the temptation!

59 minutes ago, Madhouse said:

I take it you're driving there, so if there's boot space then take it all and then decide when you get there. That's what I do anyway.

Was thinking this way too, I generally leave my kit in the boot rather than carry it all to a table in the safezone.