Jump to content
Airsoft Forums UK

Best physical shop London/South East


Josh95
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

As you may have seen in an earlier post I'm getting back into the hobby.

 

I prefer to touch and feel things before I drop quite a bit of money 🤣.

 

What is the best Airsoft store within 2 hours of London? Thanks

Edited by Josh95
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Depending on your specific location, Super5ives in Portsmouth ought to be within 2 hour.

 

They have just relocated to bigger premises

 

https://www.facebook.com/Super5ives

 

I don’t think that they have posted up their ‘full’ relaunch date yet, which should be in the Spring - when that is fully there should be more to cast your eyes over in the showroom.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

if you’re coming as far as Portsmouth you can visit Combat South and Super5ives, they are 5-10 minutes from each other. Another hour puts you in Bournemouth and Zero One Airsoft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been in-store at Bespoke Airsoft. The shop is pretty good and they are planning to move to larger premises soon (with much better parking) near High Wycombe.

 

Only Airsoft/Combat UK in Stevenage is easy to get to with plenty of parking nearby and has a lot of RIFs on display in store. They also have a shooting range.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm yet to find an airsoft shop with decent parking, does anyone know of one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Tommikka said:

Depending on your specific location, Super5ives in Portsmouth ought to be within 2 hour.

 

They have just relocated to bigger premises

 

https://www.facebook.com/Super5ives

 

I don’t think that they have posted up their ‘full’ relaunch date yet, which should be in the Spring - when that is fully there should be more to cast your eyes over in the showroom.

 

Thanks for putting super5ives up bud.

I only live ten mins away but have not heard of them. 

My go to store is combat south which is about 15 mins away.

Will pay a visit on Friday and check them out 👍

 

Regards 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Thanks for putting super5ives up bud.

I only live ten mins away but have not heard of them. 

My go to store is combat south which is about 15 mins away.

Will pay a visit on Friday and check them out 👍

 

Regards 

They are currently collection only, new showroom not ready yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, neh0 said:

They are currently collection only, new showroom not ready yet.

Thanks for update @neh0

I'll have a wander down on Friday anyway just to find out where it is.

Cheers bud👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm having a "silent running" episode with Bespoke Airsoft.  They've ignored a couple of emails about a problem I have with a purchase.  Will give them a chance as I've not had an opportunity to speak to a human first hand.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

I'm having a "silent running" episode with Bespoke Airsoft.  They've ignored a couple of emails about a problem I have with a purchase.  Will give them a chance as I've not had an opportunity to speak to a human first hand.   

 

I hope they're as good with you in person as they seemed when I overheard a discussion with a customer returning a faulty mag.

 

Their email response leaves much to be desired in my experience too. They took ages to get back on a pre-sales query I had and never answered phone calls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whereabouts in londinium art thoust? 

 

Down in "pitchfork and torch" laden kent, we have a few. Kent combat (dartford) , platoon stores (chatham) and a few more deeper south. 

Surplus stores as mentioned above is also awesome. My wallet goes into meltdown near good shops like this. :D 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Egon_247 said:

Whereabouts in londinium art thoust? 

 

Down in "pitchfork and torch" laden kent, we have a few. Kent combat (dartford) , platoon stores (chatham) and a few more deeper south. 

Surplus stores as mentioned above is also awesome. My wallet goes into meltdown near good shops like this. :D 

 

Is Kent Combat still going?  I might wander over there tomorrow.

Platoon Stores is good; I always drop in when I have to go to Chatham. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporters
41 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Who has to go to Chatham?  🤣

No one by choice, but to be fair it did used to have a great site at Ft Amherst, sadly missed 😢

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

Is Kent Combat still going?  I might wander over there tomorrow.

Platoon Stores is good; I always drop in when I have to go to Chatham. 

It is but he's moved to the other shopping mall type thing in Dartford. Bigger shop 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Tackle said:

great site at Ft Amherst, sadly missed 😢

 

Been to that Fort when I was little (my dad was from there).  Used to sneak out into the estuary with him and my brother  to go camping on the medway forts (Darnet & Hoo) which was a bit naughty even in the 80's.  Sailing out on an overloaded, puncture ridden Avon rubber dinghy with a clapped out 4hp Johnson outboard motor,  that I don't remember ever making a journey of any length without breaking down no matter how much he tested it in a bucket the day before. 

 

Fun times.   🤣

Edited by Dan Robinson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dan Robinson said:

 

Been to that Fort when I was little (my dad was from there).  Used to sneak out into the estuary with him and my brother  to go camping on the medway forts (Darnet & Hoo) which was a bit naughty even in the 80's.  Sailing out on an overloaded, puncture ridden Avon rubber dinghy with a clapped out 4hp Johnson outboard motor,  that I don't remember ever making a journey of any length without breaking down no matter how much he tested it in a bucket the day before. 

 

Fun times.   🤣

I have been out to the forts and to the wrecked U Boat; I stayed overnight on Grain Tower a few years ago as well.

2 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Who has to go to Chatham?  🤣

I sometimes go down there for work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

going to echo @Galvatron suggestion of Only airsoft on Stevenage.  i get most of my gear from them, and the staff are always welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable and the store should easily be within a 2 hour drive from most parts of london

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporters
On 24/01/2024 at 21:26, Dan Robinson said:

I'm having a "silent running" episode with Bespoke Airsoft.  They've ignored a couple of emails about a problem I have with a purchase.  Will give them a chance as I've not had an opportunity to speak to a human first hand.   


same here, made an online purchase on 25th for two instock items, got a txt off Parcelforce for delivery yesterday (30th)…. Which didn’t happen, checked tracking number, not dispatched 🤔 dropped them a message … nothing so

far 🤷‍♂️

 

Edit, they replied this morning (1st) to the email I sent … one item is out of stock (both were in stock) …. I asked for a refund for the out of stock item … no refund or dispatch yet … feels like a delaying method 😔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another vote for only airsoft in Stevenage. I haven't been into a bricks and mortar store for over a year, but I found these guys always make me feel welcome and are very helpful

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...