Recommend me a speed loader

I’m needing something slicker to carry out in games for loading up my gbbr when out in the field.

I have an odin, and it’s good for my aeg mags, but needs me to use quite a chunky 3D printed adapter due to the design of the feedlips, and it doesn’t fit in my pouch because if that.

I have been using one of the type in the image below, with a ghk adapter glued on, it’d work if the design of the speed loader wasn’t so shart and prone to blocking when the beebs get trapped by the plunger.

So I’m needing something that’ll hold 4-500 beebs that’s about m4 mag sized to fit in my dangler pouch

Heres what I’m currently using, got 4, they are poop!

IMG_2528.thumb.jpeg.4f8b26575a4cfaade09ca16e948a383e.jpeg

Yeah I'm going to buy whatever the  recommendation is too, but we didn't we do this quite recently?  Pretty sure it is either a G&G for the smaller ones (or, ridiculously, the dragon / dick shaped ones), and it's the TM  for the M4 size version

I got some adapters recently for my odin, they work fine & fit in my osprey utility pouch with the adapter fitted.

Just checked & it even firts in a double mag for the osprey.

420156492_24612405435041526_3016387230021261185_n.jpg

Edited by gavinkempsell

• Supporters
2 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

it's the TM  for the M4 size version

I've had a couple for about as long as I've been playing, no sign of them giving up.  And yeah plenty of other people out there who'll say/have said the same.

I swear they just make gbbr mags as hard as they can to fill up on purpose. 
I haven’t found an easy way nor an adaptor that actually helps filling my WE MSK mags. Hoping this thread might prove me wrong 😇

10 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Yeah I'm going to buy whatever the  recommendation is too, but we didn't we do this quite recently?  Pretty sure it is either a G&G for the smaller ones (or, ridiculously, the dragon / dick shaped ones), and it's the TM  for the M4 size version

I must have missed that

Might have been too sensible a thread for me to have noticed! 😄

Would strongly recommend the TM m4 style speedloader. The smaller pistol style would seem relatively forgiving, had the cheaper ones work no problem. No so much with the larger type.

Also tragically some of the more eccentric designs have been discontinued. Such as the "eagle" loader, which came complete with veins. 

we-eagle-speed-loader.thumb.jpg.a646d01879edbb019b7ba6eb4ab3ab99.jpg

Edited by DerDer

2 hours ago, DerDer said:

Would strongly recommend the TM m4 style speedloader. The smaller pistol style would seem relatively forgiving, had the cheaper ones work no problem. No so much with the larger type.

Also tragically some of the more eccentric designs have been discontinued. Such as the "eagle" loader, which came complete with veins. 

we-eagle-speed-loader.thumb.jpg.a646d01879edbb019b7ba6eb4ab3ab99.jpg

Well...maybe the veins add rigidity to the erm...shaft

17 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

I’m needing something slicker to carry out in games for loading up my gbbr when out in the field.

I have an odin, and it’s good for my aeg mags, but needs me to use quite a chunky 3D printed adapter due to the design of the feedlips, and it doesn’t fit in my pouch because if that.

3 hours ago, Pseudotectonic said:

Odin clones

... uh huh.   Not what he's asking for chum

Carry more mags? Thats my my plan with my MP5. Im only using mid caps, dont want hi caps, so just carrying more.

7 minutes ago, DanBow said:

Carry more mags? Thats my my plan with my MP5. Im only using mid caps, dont want hi caps, so just carrying more.

He probably is. The problem is that GBBR magazines are heavy and only carry 35 BBs each, so you can load up with them and still need more ammo. I carry 9 MWS mags for my setup, but that's still only 315 BBs total (and weighs a tonne!).

I just use a small speedloader, a bag of BBs and a 3d printed adapter that clips on top of the mag. Got one for my MWS mags and one for my AKM mags and they work really well.

Edited by Impulse

2 minutes ago, Impulse said:

He probably is. The problem is that GBBR magazines are heavy and only carry 35 BBs each, so you can load up with them and still need more ammo. I carry 9 MWS mags for my setup, but that's still only 315 BBs total (and weighs a tonne!).

Ah right, i dont know that. Im an AEG man. Thanks. 👍

I just use the normal pistol size loader with my WE STANAGs. Find them easy enough to load, you do need the loader at the correct angle though, but seems second nature now.

5 Mags and the loader and I'm sorted for a game 

you should be able to insert the loader directly into the mag (no need to hold it at an angle)

the flappy thing where the BB comes out is an adapter for pistol mags

for normal AR mags remove the flappy thing and just insert the port directly into the mag, it should be snug enough it shouldn't come apart easily

I've used the TM M4 style ones since I started, one broke after about 10 years of playing and I've got another 2 in my case. For less than £20 I don't think you can go wrong really.

2 hours ago, DanBow said:

Ah right, i dont know that. Im an AEG man. Thanks. 👍

Yeah, I run a ghk m4 or the Sig 

I have 6 mags for the m4 - 35ish rounds each, the Sig I only have 4 mags for , they are 30 rounds each and super expensive to import from HK or Taiwan, so filling up as I go along is really the way

The Odin with the adapter is good but it’s just too bulky for my dangler pouch at the front, so a smaller one is the way forward, it’s just getting feedback as the one I showed in the image above has a design flaw and jams almost every time

They are total poop for gbbr mags as more force is needed to push in at a squonky angle 

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

So on my recent visit to Airsoft World, they had stock of the 6mm ProShop loaders with the aluminium nozzles.

Much better mechanics and easier for gbbr loading 

(shown with Ghk specific nozzle adapter glued on)

IMG_1775.thumb.jpeg.08cc016a60f65bea1c846e46dc1c8a10.jpeg

Edited by Enid_Puceflange