Action Hobbies Boneyard - possible buyer's remorse ;)

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well, well, well.  
The dam broke and I impulse-purchased a gun for the first time in a while.   The annoying thing is I probably bought the wrong gun :(

Ok, rewind to last night.  Big boneyard sale on at Action Hobbies, I spotted two gats I've had a long-term hankering for - A Cyma Galil with a few mags at £110, and a JG G3 set up as a DMR (and with a collapsible stock and optic mount) for £100.  I stuck both in my cart  but then only went ahead with the G3 (because DMR = different from my sub 350fps AR collection, and the G3 is on my "Hot Gats" list)

Oops.  
What I didn't realize was that the G3 is all plastic.   Lightweight can be advantage (especially when it's a long gun), but ... hmmm.  Long guns give plenty of leverage potential - I'd prefer polymer or metal to give it at least a fighting chance of not getting snapped in half when I clumsily run into a tree!
Meanwhile the Galil is a tasty thing, and when I saw one a while ago, I really wanted it.   

I can only ascribe dumping the Galil in favour of the G3 as a brain-fart.

In my defence I expected the G3 to be a bit more substantial than it is, and when I checked reviews and comments here I see it's actually rather liked for what it is.   So maybe not a totally stupid purchase!

Anyway - two questions for the Hive Mind, given that I'm due to collect the gat tomorrow.

1) Has anyone backed out of / returned a purchase from AH's Boneyard sale?  I don't know if Distance Selling regulations apply fully to second-hand gear.   I accept the 'no warranty, sold as seen' disclaimer because AH haven't sold me a pile of shite (as yet), and Paul who runs it seems a good chap, but perhaps I should jump out of the deal if possible.

2) Is the JG G3 worth running with?  Will it disappoint me, or is £100 a sensible amount for the RIF (firing at ~420fps, semi locked, optic mount, 2 high caps)?

As to whoever got the Galil... 

1930112023_LuckyBastard.jpg.4851cf7f523653e02688651f01668d58.jpg

My son and I share a JG G3; it is surprisingly rigid.  £100 is a good price.

Plastic is a polymeric material, so you did get a polymer RIF :)

13 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Yep should of had the Galil ☹️

Yeah I know!!! 

Now stop rubbing salt into the wound 🥴

10 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

My son and I share a JG G3; it is surprisingly rigid.  £100 is a good price.

Plastic is a polymeric material, so you did get a polymer RIF :)

Oh you pedant!. You know what I mean, one of the reviews described it as Mattel Barbie plastic 😂

Still, I'm glad to hear it's actually solid.

8 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Yeah I know!!! 

Now stop rubbing salt into the wound 🥴

Oh you pedant!. You know what I mean, one of the reviews described it as Mattel Barbie plastic 😂

Still, I'm glad to hear it's actually solid.

I was pleasantly surprised by how long and stiff it is. ;)

I had a JG G3 years ago a tbh I kind of regret selling it as it was a great gun but it didn't really suit my playing style. One thing I do remember was that it had less flex and didn't creak as much compared to the TM it was cloned from. I'm seriously considering getting another (I'd probably go for a MC51 to keep it nice and short though) but the main thing putting me off is the lack of mid caps

Edited by Cannonfodder

25 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

I had a JG G3 years ago a tbh I kind of regret selling it as it was a great gun but it didn't really suit my playing style. One thing I do remember was that it had less flex and didn't creak as much compared to the TM it was cloned from. I'm seriously considering getting another (I'd probably go for a MC51 to keep it nice and short though) but the main thing putting me off is the lack of mid caps

Midcaps are very hard to find; even Octagon don't have any.

I had the JG G3, and thoroughly enjoyed it

I should’ve kept it as it was a good reliable replica, nice light weigh made carrying it all day easy

Stick with it if the Galil has gone mate

youll enjoy it 👍

If you don't like how it feels or handles, just wall hanger it?

I managed to snag the ICS Sig552. Now I need to find mid-caps for it.

I have no room for that sadly, my spare guns stay in the loft 😔

I ought to thin out my collection somewhat, but that's not going so well 😂

Congrats on buying the SIG btw, I would have been sorely tempted by that (too?!?) if I didn't already have a JG version that I bought as a boneyard from AH, and which is now working pretty well

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

4 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

Midcaps are very hard to find; even Octagon don't have any.

Yep. I terms of rarity they're somewhere between hen's teeth and rocking horse poop

2 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I have no room for that sadly, my spare guns stay in the loft 😔

I ought to thin out my collection somewhat, but that's not going so well 😂

Congrats on buying the SIG btw, I would have been sorely tempted by that (too?!?) if I didn't already have a JG version that I bought as a boneyard from AH, and which is now working pretty well

LOL. I was looking at the RIF you bought too thinking "damn, for £100, should I???" but then realised AH boneyard sells quick and finished my checkout. By the time I came back you must have snagged it! I was interested in the WE glock too but just couldn't justify it atm.

22 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I have no room for that sadly, my spare guns stay in the loft

Time to get these sold, pop them in the classified & I'll see if I can help with ths dilema.

They had so much stuff didn't they... but after scanning it all not a single thing floated my boat, there must be something wrong with me (plus a little bit of me is keeping a few pennies safe in case @ak2m4 sells his brushless motors).

Before the boneyard opened up on the site, Paul had posted pics on Facebook... I'd spotted a TM HK416D NGRS and thought I might have a go for that.

And then I found out the mags are proprietary, and that put me off.  And when it showed up it was £350, just a bit too much to tempt me.  So the G3 got the love on the rebound 😋😘😄

Still wish I'd got the Galil, but buying anything was silly really, I've packed everything into the loft except for the guns that need fixing / selling!

It is a handsome gat though...

1720582933_JGG3Angled.thumb.jpg.cfb3913616a2ad36c266dc4fb5241b68.jpg

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

1 hour ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

You must be bored of that Spas by now? No? 😘

Struggling for the 'right' place for it TBH but I'll find somewhere to display it. Works like a trooper but OMG think I'll need double sided sticky tape on my gloves to rack it in game.

Oh, and...

NO.

18 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

They had so much stuff didn't they... but after scanning it all not a single thing floated my boat, there must be something wrong with me (plus a little bit of me is keeping a few pennies safe in case @ak2m4 sells his brushless motors).

Factory says finished on the 12th but (A) Never trust a factory on dates and (B) If ready will take UPS forever to courier to the UK... 🙂

The inner barrels have arrived, just some final testing etc

• Supporters
1 hour ago, ak2m4 said:

image.gif.22dd303a8ae8765459e582706d3a9093.gif

Interested in a 260mm for the P90. Very interested to see how these perform.

6 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

Factory says finished on the 12th but (A) Never trust a factory on dates and (B) If ready will take UPS forever to courier to the UK... 🙂

My barrel is now in the Ossi 74 and will have a load of rounds thought it on the 17th.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.