in a dilemma.

son of dan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hello. 

my first topic thread so idk how this all works. 

i am living in Japan right now, and conveniently you can buy guns off of amazon and found a rifle I've been eyeing for nearly a year, the WE L85A2 GBB

ive got the money, but i cant use it in Japan because of shit rules over here. i cant play airsoft at a field because I'm not old enough for it, and I cant use it in my flat because my mum wont appreciate the main corridor being converted to a shooting range, and the walls are thinner than tracing paper, and I've also got an L85 back home in England. 

BUT, its much cheaper in Japan, its an L85, and it never hurts to have a backup L85 (considering its unreliability).

@Dan Robinson i'd assume your against it, but i forgot your views on it. 

39 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

For god's sake child - I told you last night....  I don't mind you having it - it's your mother you need to convince.  You should probably sell the MB01 and M16 to placate her a bit - plus you haven't used them really since you got the A1.  Be diplomatic... I don't want to get an earful next time I call LOL - I gotta figure out how to get the apartment WiFI upgraded remotely too.  Yay me.

Anyway - interesting thought this thread is for us - I'm not sure there's a question here for the forum to answer - we're all oversized children playing with expensive toys - you know what everyone will say you plumb.

Have you asked that girl out properly yet? 😁

can you sell the 2 guns for me then?

also nah i havent asked her out yet. women are too complicated to understand 🙄🔫

I believe the standard forum response to "do I need more pews?" is a resounding "yes, of course you do", you've even made it easy by suggesting you need it as a backup and everyone knows it's only sensible to have a backup and even backups need a backup sometimes.

Surely the way out of this is for @son of dan to 'sell' the pews to @Dan Robinson - it's up to you whether you reveal the purchasers identity.

Forget the girl, tell us about the L85 ;)

24 minutes ago, son of dan said:

women are too complicated to understand

Holy hell, Son of Dan is wiser than his years.

8 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Anyone fancy a Devgru M16 and Well MB01 project pews?

Is that code for knackered?

20 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Well legally their RIFs so I own them anyway...

Anyone fancy a Devgru M16 and Well MB01 project pews? 🤣

both rifles are fairly shit so if anyone can make them better, you deserve a trophy. 

22 minutes ago, DanBow said:

Forget the pews, tell us about rhe girl!

she is very interesting and I really like her 👍 she is Russian and i have no idea if she fancies me back as i lack the ability of understanding women (hence why i play airsoft)

i might be going to Tokyo with her on Saturday depending on what her mum says. however, my mums warned me that there is a bunch of Chinese tourists in the place im going to (99% of tourists that visit japan are annoying), so that may slow things down alot. 

29 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

Forget the girl, tell us about the L85 ;)

where do i start?

L85 is my favourite gun. its surprisingly comfortable to hold (apart from the A3 handguard), it's easy to adapt to and its iconic. I love my L85 (sounds weird) because its expensive, and I sometimes love it more than cottage pie (depends on the day). but the ICS L85 I've got at home has really good range; i can easily hit a target at 30 metres, and my longest kill was around 60-80 metres at Wycombe (I remember that kill like it was yesterday). 

2 hours ago, son of dan said:

i have no idea if she fancies me back as i lack the ability of understanding women (hence why i play airsoft)

Well unfortunately there's only one way to find out

Just now, Cannonfodder said:

Well unfortunately there's only one way to find out

He's walked her home from school for three weeks solid - and they went on a 7 hour shopping trip together.

I've told him to go for it, but he's being a wus.

Youth is wasted on the young.

3 hours ago, son of dan said:

women are too complicated to understand 🙄🔫

I'm the words of the old Rawhide song...'Dont try to understand 'em just head 'em up and brand 'em, keep rolling till the end of the road'

23 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

He's walked her home from school for three weeks solid - and they went on a 7 hour shopping trip together.

Do it... before the friend zone beckons.

Son of Dan, please remember we are all pew pew junkies here giving you advice, we've all (probably) been in the friend zone more than once & made bad decisions more often than that... don't listen to us (especially me).

Do what feels right for you.

Edited by gavinkempsell

9 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

m not sure a forum full of airsofters is the best place for advice on girls.

you brought it up, not me

6 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Ask this lass how many pairs of shoes she has.

The rule is that you can have as many rifles.

That's the law.

she has 6...

19 hours ago, son of dan said:

can you sell the 2 guns for me then?

also nah i havent asked her out yet. women are too complicated to understand 🙄🔫

It doesnt get any better mate

If shes gone shopping with you for 7 hours, and allowed herself to be walked home, then there is more than a fair chance she likes you too.

Edited by EvilMonkee

3 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

It doesnt get any better mate

If shes gone shopping with you for 7 hours, and allowed herself to be walked home, then there is more than a fair chance she likes you too.

yeah fair point; she's agreed to go to Tokyo with me this Saturday despite the amount of Chinese tourists in that area (they make queue's 10x longer).

ill probably ask her out next time I go out with her to Tokyo. the real question is, where do I go to ask her out 🤣

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.