Can my new gun use 11.1v lipos?

Bababing

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

I have CYMA CM.105 Daniel Defense EMG M4A1 AEG 12.5-inch. and the place I got it from recommends 7.4v lips but I have read online it can take 11.1v lips and give a lot fast Rof 28 rounds a sec, can you guys confirm if my gun can take the 11.1v limos?

thanks

Baba

Edited by Bababing

• Bababing changed the title to Can my new gun use 11.1v lipos?

You can use 11.1v but it will likely break something very quickly.

The internals must run super smooth and be made with components that can handle such power.

The parts inside will wear faster and any problems will result in more severe failure.

• Supporters

Eh. All of airsoft is a gamble, and CYMAs are tough enough.  Do eeeeet.

The risk is that you might get overspin and double-shots on semi auto. This was a particular issue on my CYMA because the spring had been cut down to get it to UK power levels, meaning it was barely under tension.  Nothing really wrong with that... until you go to 11.1V.

well according to the website the parts on my gun are pretty good nothing much needs upgrading on it.

am using a 7.4v now and it corned at 350fps just on the line of the limit of my local place I go to, would putting a 11.1v in it take it over you think? (could always go up a bb to .28g if so?

thanks for your time.

baba

Be careful tying to get as close as possible to 350fps because chrono readings do vary so it might show higher on theirs.

Does that CYMA have a full metal tooth piston rack?  If not its more likely to strip

...and 28rps in definitely in wanker territory

Edited by EDcase

Every gun can take 11.1v but it's just matter of time before you burn your trigger contacts assuming you don't have a mosfet inside. Generally speaking. You put more strain on your internals on 11.1. 

If you need RoF then you have to short stroke your gun.

Edited by Krisz

yes my gun has a mosfit inside, active breaking and battery protection.

this is my gun I got but evike showing in use on there site 

14 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

11.1v will give you 28rps  as opposed to a 7.4v giving you what currently ? 23rps ? 

17 rps on 7.4v

14 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

Edited by Bababing

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

Be careful tying to get as close as possible to 350fps because chrono readings do vary so it might show higher on theirs.

Does that CYMA have a full metal tooth piston rack?  If not its more likely to strip

...and 28rps in definitely in wanker territory

hi sorry am new to the lingo here, what is wanker territory?

oh yeah, the gun has full metal tooth.

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

Edited by Bababing

I ran my cyma M4 exclusively on 11.1v for several years with no problems, it was the plastic body which gave out first. 

18 minutes ago, Bababing said:

what is wanker territory?

It's where you end up if you build a gun with an unnecessarily high rof and use it on full auto, either to compensate for a lack of skill or to deliberately hurt people, ie be a wanker 

1 hour ago, Bababing said:

hi sorry am new to the lingo here, what is wanker territory?

As above, It means replacing skill with spraying loads of BBs as compensation.

These kinds of people are very annoying at a game and are referred to as 'wankers'. (Do a google search)

A good player would not need more than 15rps to get the hits they want.

Edited by EDcase

Or,as has happened to me,its when you stray blindly into the opfors(enemy)base and get lit up and have to retreat red faced and muttering "wankers"😂😂

But the above answers are the correct definition 👍

My l85 on 11.1v is borderline wanker pew.  But...A... I play woodland sites and it's  a handy weedwacker.   On the other hand - B....it locks up a lot at these voltages on most of my mags.  Don't know why, but why ruin a nice pew when it works perfectly well at 7.4v?

1 minute ago, Dan Robinson said:

it locks up a lot at these voltages on most of my mags

I find mine is FUSSY AS F^*K with mags, only the mags that came with it seem to fit. (well none of my metal or plastic M4 mags)

It's really weird...I'm gonna have to do another test of all my mags.  Yellow tape for the Specna,  Maybe green for the l85.  

By the time I've done the Double Eagle and the boy's M4 based pews,  my mag case is going to look like Brighton High Street during an LBTQ++ABCDEFG march.

#youdoyoubro

9 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

It's really weird...I'm gonna have to do another test of all my mags.  Yellow tape for the Specna,  Maybe green for the l85.  

By the time I've done the Double Eagle and the boy's M4 based pews,  my mag case is going to look like Brighton High Street during an LBTQ++ABCDEFG march.

#youdoyoubro

If it helps... they simply don't lock in the receiver.

Edited by gavinkempsell

If you want a little more out of your AEG but don't want to run the risk of 11.1v, try a 9.9V LiFe. It's great for giving your pew a little bit more zip without worrying about as much heat and voltage going through the gun. However, considering it's a EMG CYMA (aka a platinum) it already has 13:1s inside and a nice little mosfet. It'll take fine to an 11.1v as my CYMA platinum SR-25 takes a 11.1v on DMR power no problem (it runs colder than my G36 and UTR does in fact, but that's also because they both have SHS high torques and they love shitting out heat), although on sustained full auto you do run a higher risk of shit going tits-up as you'll be firing fast enough to not notice a jam in time on full auto, meaning you could end up slamming a broken BB around your gearbox at mach-10 which tends to break shit (which happened to my G36 that was running at speed on full auto before I had the gears swapped out)

Wankerguns are a fun novelty so long as you're not, well - a wanker with them. I normally only put my high-speed G36 on 11.1v when at the range when I want to wank out a little and show some of the newer guys some A10 minigun fire for a laugh. As long as the semi-auto is nice enough, and if you're running at crazy RPS on 11.1v with three-round burst programmed on your mosfet to stop accidental grenading of your gearbox I don't see the harm in it really. Just be reasonable and respect the other players and you should be good.

Airsoft honour and morality aside: Yes - your CYMA EMG/Platinum will take an 11.1v no problem. Is it worth it? Eh. Try a 9.9v LiFe instead if you want a little more than a 7.4v without wanking too-bad.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.