Comrades needed

Jo1906

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi! I’m new and not yet been to a site, I’m thinking of going to phoenix in mansfield this weekend,  is there anyone i can tag along with in games ? Going to be sat there like a right loner otherwise!!

alex 

For the love of all thats Holy don't go to Phoenix.  It's plain awful and habituated by one of the worst Airsoft 'celebs' out there.  Go anywhere else local, trust me on this

48 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

For the love of all thats Holy don't go to Phoenix.  It's plain awful and habituated by one of the worst Airsoft 'celebs' out there.  Go anywhere else local, trust me on this

Any recommendations?

2 hours ago, JinxDuh said:

Ask an airsofter that looks friendly about their gun, even if you think it looks like shite. No doubt they'd love to chat about it, and then you're already a foot in the door! 

Or they'll agree that it looks like shite and would still love to chat about it 🤣

I started playing late last year and have been going solo. I found it weird at first and was a bit uncomfortable but eventually you'll become comfortable especially after a few times at the same site. Third time playing at a site recently, got talking to a guy and before you know it we were playing as buddies all day which was a ton of fun, so its definitely possible to make friends if you persevere

Yep, same as previous responses. The first time i went I was on my own. Everyone was welcoming. Just ask about someones kit and you'll probably never shut them up!

I've been both solo and with others. The only real difference is having a bit of a chat before the game. There's no formation or even team tactics once you're out there, so you often lose sight of the people you've come with anyway.

Thank you everyone for your encouragement and advice, hopefully I’ll meet some of you! 

Free Fire Zone near Bourne in Lincs is excellent but depending where you are might be a bit far.  Not too familiar with any of the rest of the sites in Notts.

Edited by EvilMonkee

15 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Agreed. I've a rule where if a site allows that bellend to play there then I'll avoid it

14 hours ago, Jo1906 said:

Any recommendations?

https://playairsoft.uk/

1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

Agreed. I've a rule where if a site allows that bellend to play there then I'll avoid it

https://playairsoft.uk/

He doesnt just play there he apparently owns part of the game day there now and actively exploits the place for his dodgy videos.  Plus, to be honest the couple of times I went there it just wasn't very well ran or that interesting a site.  

• Supporters
1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

to be honest the couple of times I went there it just wasn't very well run.  

Clearly, if they let oxygen stealing pos have free rein there🤬

LOL, maybe they think his presence there pushes the numbers up with twats that want to feature in his vids🤕

images (59).jpg

39 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Clearly, if they let oxygen stealing pos have free rein there🤬

LOL, maybe they think his presence there pushes the numbers up with twats that want to feature in his vids🤕

images (59).jpg

Who knows?  Either way its a LONG way for that bellend to travel to just get a crappy skirmish game in, he lives in Essex!

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Who knows?  Either way its a LONG way for that bellend to travel to just get a crappy skirmish game in, he lives in Essex!

Nowhere else will have him probably🤔

20 hours ago, Jo1906 said:

Hi! I’m new and not yet been to a site, I’m thinking of going to phoenix in mansfield this weekend,  is there anyone i can tag along with in games ? Going to be sat there like a right loner otherwise!!

alex 

On any site there will be people testing guns, setting sights or dialling in their hops.

Just join in do a few shots and ask if anyone has any advice on getting the best range possible with what you have.

Little less awkward than rocking up and going "hey nice kit, wanna tell me about yer pew?" 🤣

Lincoln green make great camo though 😉

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.