Anyone played the siege project in Stoke?

concretesnail

1 minute ago, Badgerlicious said:

So just test on 0.28s and don't have a weird handicap on some players. 

Might end up being worse for hpa eh? Well you know the answer if you’ve ever worked with them wouldn’t you😉

5 minutes ago, Badgerlicious said:

So just test on 0.28s and don't have a weird handicap on some players. 

Next you’ll be saying chrono everyone outside on a .50 😂😂😂

Just now, Sneakyduck said:

Uhh, yeah, people chrono on their own weights at my local fields. And nothing bad comes of it because the marshal teams would actually do something if someone is abusing that. 

.20 is best endeavour by us 350 AEG 300 everything else. Easy to work with easy to understand for all skill levels Knowone moans (unless on here) everyone safe. Job done 👍 

1 hour ago, Sneakyduck said:

Anyone else with any pearls of wisdom?

Yeah maybe answer the question in the first place rather than avoiding answering the multiple people who asked

why hpa and not gbb for several pages and then suddenly state that everything other the aeg is 300fps,

since earlier in the thread you distinctly stated aeg and gbb is 350fps and only hpa is 300fps.

Also in summer alot of pistols are going to be over 300fps if used on green gas, do you test pistols and make them

use abbey ultra and 144a in summer?

Lastly by your responces you seem to think there are alot of people on this thread on your side, maybe you should take a

quick look back through the thread and realise that is just not the case and maybe your shitty attitude is the reason why.

10 minutes ago, you can`t shoot me said:

Yeah maybe answer the question in the first place rather than avoiding answering the multiple people who asked

To be fair to the moron, he has answered, it's because they only chrono people on 0.2g bbs and then quote "joule creep" as the reason they give HPA systems a 20% power reduction. They do, however, completely ignore the fact they could avoid this by simply testing on 0.28g bbs, their site's maximum weight. They then laugh about testing outdoor players on... the weights they use. 

I can only surmise they're simple, and can't work out how to adjust their own chrono. Or perhaps they aren't given enough pocket money to buy one with a joule output. 

Edited by Badgerlicious

7 hours ago, Sneakyduck said:

You see you can only attack all I’ve said (if you bothered to actually read it) is all I’m interested in is ensuring your safety and giving you the best time. If that ensures no one comes to

my site, well then I’m bang to rights but at least I’ll sleep well at night knowing that everyone has gone home with their eyesight intact. 

You see you can only attack all I’ve said (if you bothered to actually read it) is all I’m interested in is ensuring your safety and giving you the best time. If that ensures no one comes to

my site, well then I’m bang to rights but at least I’ll sleep well at night knowing that everyone has gone home with their eyesight intact. 

Anyone else want to bad mouth a site they have never been too or a bloke who’s only out to ensure your safety and enjoyment. Anyone please step up.

The pot calling the kettle black there.

Yes, I read everything that you wrote; I tend to do that before responding to someone.

You really don't get it do you?  Your policy towards HPA is nonsensical and arbitrary.  I and others have pointed out far more sensible approaches but you claim that we do not understand joule creep when we clearly do.  If you are really that paranoid about joule creep, either chrono everyone on what they are using or on your maximum allowed weight and, if necessary, re-chrono HPA users again if you have concerns during the day.

6 hours ago, Sneakyduck said:

Why would anyone suggest chronoing on a weight you do not allow?  You are just creating a strawman argument.

3 hours ago, you can`t shoot me said:

But the one question people have been asking was why hpa but not gbb which he finally answered a couple posts ago that everything other

than aeg is 300fps which does contradict one of his first posts that aeg and gbb were both 350fps. 

Yes, it is almost as if he is making it up as he goes along.

4 hours ago, you can`t shoot me said:

But the one question people have been asking was why hpa but not gbb which he finally answered a couple posts ago that everything other

than aeg is 300fps which does contradict one of his first posts that aeg and gbb were both 350fps. 

No that’s not what people have been asking as the op. If you care to read I do include gbb

57 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Yes, I read everything that you wrote; I tend to do that before responding to someone.

You really don't get it do you?  Your policy towards HPA is nonsensical and arbitrary.  I and others have pointed out far more sensible approaches but you claim that we do not understand joule creep when we clearly do.  If you are really that paranoid about joule creep, either chrono everyone on what they are using or on your maximum allowed weight and, if necessary, re-chrono HPA users again if you have concerns during the day.

Why would anyone suggest chronoing on a weight you do not allow?  You are just creating a strawman argument.

Honestly I despair. Look you don’t want to listen you just want to try to prove your little point. What on earth is this forum.

59 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

If you care to read I gave you the reasons why. Don’t say you read responses when you clearly don’t,

4 hours ago, you can`t shoot me said:

Gbbr make less than 1% appearances on site the op is on HPA I’ve said a few times in this thread about gbb please try to keep up.

5 hours ago, Badgerlicious said:

To be fair to the moron, he has answered, it's because they only chrono people on 0.2g bbs and then quote "joule creep" as the reason they give HPA systems a 20% power reduction. They do, however, completely ignore the fact they could avoid this by simply testing on 0.28g bbs, their site's maximum weight. They then laugh about testing outdoor players on... the weights they use. 

I can only surmise they're simple, and can't work out how to adjust their own chrono. Or perhaps they aren't given enough pocket money to buy one with a joule output. 

That’s interesting and and interesting name to describe me. Tell me again how many sites you run? 

As always you fall into personal insults. I’ve answered ALL and I mean ALL  your points. Now please move on to your next victim, please for my sanity. 

11 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

@Sneakyduck out of interest, what is the reason you went with the lower energy limit for hpa, and ammo weight limits, versus just chrono'ing on player weights?

Please just read the whole thread. All the answers are in there. Just take a good filter with you for the toxicity. Cheers bud 👍

No that’s not what people have been asking as the op. If you care to read I do include gbb

Honestly I despair. Look you don’t want to listen you just want to try to prove your little point. What on earth is this forum.

If you care to read I gave you the reasons why. Don’t say you read responses when you clearly don’t,

There you go again, making assumptions and attempting to belittle anyone who points out the incoherence of your approach and your responses.

You really are making this up as you go along.  Your original position was that the lower power limit only applied to HPA but now you are claiming that it has always included GBB, which is not borne out by the posts in this thread.

Your credibility is disappearing faster the Rishi Sunak’s.

I've played a fair bit of CQB and my local site initially tested only on 0.2's, but saw the error of their ways and now you test on the setup you plan to use. They'll pop a few BBs out of your mag to check the weight, they even have more than one chrono so no-one needs to faff about changing the BB weight settings. This leads to an efficient chrono and eliminates any joule creep issues as the game setup is the one that is measured rather than an inaccurate one set by the sites rules (which is a bit of an own goal tbh).

I'm not a fan of HPA because a gunbilical cord isn't my thing, but from what I can make out the issues with HPA stem from either Joule creep due to testing inadequacies (see how my local site started out), or the operator willfully abusing the system and not being caught. In an ideal world everyone would understand joule creep and understand that if a site were testing on 0.2's then they would need to be under the limit if they were planning on using 0.3's. In an ideal world our honour system would enough to stop a post-chrono regulator tweak even being considered. But it's not an ideal world is it.

At the end of the day, it's your site, your rules. Stoke's miles away from me and I'll probably never visit; I'm sharing my experiences and some thoughts on chrono and levelling the field. Do what you like, but I find simple rules are easier to understand, follow and police - 1.14j on the ammo you're using is all you need to say.

Also, I can't believe no-one's mentioned shotguns in four pages! Are you really doing survival horror properly if you don't have a short-barreled shottie? 😁

All the best with the Seige though 👍

11 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

There you go again, making assumptions and attempting to belittle anyone who points out the incoherence of your approach and your responses.

You really are making this up as you go along.  Your original position was that the lower power limit only applied to HPA but now you are claiming that it has always included GBB, which is not borne out by the posts in this thread.

Your credibility is disappearing faster the Rishi Sunak’s.

Move on nothing to see hear.

11 minutes ago, Madhouse said:

I've played a fair bit of CQB and my local site initially tested only on 0.2's, but saw the error of their ways and now you test on the setup you plan to use. They'll pop a few BBs out of your mag to check the weight, they even have more than one chrono so no-one needs to faff about changing the BB weight settings. This leads to an efficient chrono and eliminates any joule creep issues as the game setup is the one that is measured rather than an inaccurate one set by the sites rules (which is a bit of an own goal tbh).

I'm not a fan of HPA because a gunbilical cord isn't my thing, but from what I can make out the issues with HPA stem from either Joule creep due to testing inadequacies (see how my local site started out), or the operator willfully abusing the system and not being caught. In an ideal world everyone would understand joule creep and understand that if a site were testing on 0.2's then they would need to be under the limit if they were planning on using 0.3's. In an ideal world our honour system would enough to stop a post-chrono regulator tweak even being considered. But it's not an ideal world is it.

At the end of the day, it's your site, your rules. Stoke's miles away from me and I'll probably never visit; I'm sharing my experiences and some thoughts on chrono and levelling the field. Do what you like, but I find simple rules are easier to understand, follow and police - 1.14j on the ammo you're using is all you need to say.

Also, I can't believe no-one's mentioned shotguns in four pages! Are you really doing survival horror properly if you don't have a short-barreled shottie? 😁

All the best with the Seige though 👍

Many thanks for the breath of fresh air. We like shotguns and you’re right no survival horror is complete without them. It’s a pity you live far away as I d love to give you a great experience at The Siege Project. All the best 😀👍

Btw I take on board your comments. 

2 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

Move on nothing to see hear

Nothing other than you changing your story.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Sneakyduck said:

Please just read the whole thread. All the answers are in there. Just take a good filter with you for the toxicity. Cheers bud 👍

All i see is you explaining that joule creep is a thing that exists. Now granted that is a cut above many sites but that's more an indictment of how low the bar is than anything else.

What i don't see is why you've chosen to use a lower energy limit and chrono on 0.2's, rather than use the players in-game weight, the weight that they'll actually be firing at their fellow humans. The purpose after all is to ensure safety and fairness of gameplay.

Yes for a jc susceptible gun you will expect to see it firing below the limit when using a lighter weight than it's been setup for but your scheme doesnt account that every pew is different. the joule creep on a speedsofter spec m4 with a barrel length measured in microns, is not going to be doing the same thing as a full length dragonuv.

Depending on this your method means any hpa is either going to be disadvantaged because it doesnt creep enough to match its aeg brethren, or creep too much leaving the aeg players disadvantaged. To say nothing of the gbbr players who, intentionally or not, could be laying the smack down on their fellow players.

So that begs the question- why choose this route?

To the external observer, the most likely reason it's because it's easier to implement than to take the 10 minutes or so making a strip of paper with the relevant fps equivalent limit for each common bb weight, tape it to the chrono, and explain to the staff that they need to match number a with number b.

And that leads to the unfortunate implication, which imo is more important, that other aspects of site management are treated with equal apathy. Now this isn't a guarantee that the average game day isn't a fun time for all involved but it does imply that when a group of bad apples picks that day to roll up that it won't be dealt with effectively.

Now that does sound bad, but please don't take it as me trying to insult you or the site, your policy whilst erroneous at least sounds like it's coming from the noble intention of wanting to do things properly. So why not take this as an opportunity to improve rather than dig in defensively? After all we all want the same thing- good sites with effective rules where you can rely on having a fun time.

24 minutes ago, EDcase said:

This thread is getting ridiculous.  Five pages or arguing must be a record.

The reality is its his site and he can make whatever rules he wants.

If you don't agree then don't go.  End of

Jeeez 🙄

Of course he can. Just like when he posts his weird HPA limits we are free to ask why in the hell he's done that. 

48 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Jeeez 🙄

Thankyou bud :)

27 minutes ago, Badgerlicious said:

Of course he can. Just like when he posts his weird HPA limits we are free to ask why in the hell he's done that. 

Yeah of course people can ask why but arguing about it is getting pointless

Edited by EDcase

23 minutes ago, Badgerlicious said:

Move on nothing to see here

I don't agree with the rules myself but I think five pages of arguing about it isn't going to help

Edited by EDcase

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

All i see is you explaining that joule creep is a thing that exists. Now granted that is a cut above many sites but that's more an indictment of how low the bar is than anything else.

What i don't see is why you've chosen to use a lower energy limit and chrono on 0.2's, rather than use the players in-game weight, the weight that they'll actually be firing at their fellow humans. The purpose after all is to ensure safety and fairness of gameplay.

Yes for a jc susceptible gun you will expect to see it firing below the limit when using a lighter weight than it's been setup for but your scheme doesnt account that every pew is different. the joule creep on a speedsofter spec m4 with a barrel length measured in microns, is not going to be doing the same thing as a full length dragonuv.

Depending on this your method means any hpa is either going to be disadvantaged because it doesnt creep enough to match its aeg brethren, or creep too much leaving the aeg players disadvantaged. To say nothing of the gbbr players who, intentionally or not, could be laying the smack down on their fellow players.

So that begs the question- why choose this route?

To the external observer, the most likely reason it's because it's easier to implement than to take the 10 minutes or so making a strip of paper with the relevant fps equivalent limit for each common bb weight, tape it to the chrono, and explain to the staff that they need to match number a with number b.

And that leads to the unfortunate implication, which imo is more important, that other aspects of site management are treated with equal apathy. Now this isn't a guarantee that the average game day isn't a fun time for all involved but it does imply that when a group of bad apples picks that day to roll up that it won't be dealt with effectively.

Now that does sound bad, but please don't take it as me trying to insult you or the site, your policy whilst erroneous at least sounds like it's coming from the noble intention of wanting to do things properly. So why not take this as an opportunity to improve rather than dig in defensively? After all we all want the same thing- good sites with effective rules where you can rely on having a fun time.

What you all fail to realise is you could run the site quite happily at 250fps but you don't know that because you've never took the time to visit, talk to me or look at the many pics and videos. The argument you guys have created is ridiculous. Come down enjoy yourself then you'll see why we do what we do.  

Just now, EDcase said:

Yeah of course people can ask why but arguing about it is getting pointless

Agreed

56 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Jeeez 🙄

This.

He's not going to give an answer that anyone would be happy with - and nobody is being forced to use his site.

His site, his rules.

And he's certainly not the first to have some odd rules - UCAP and two-tones springs to mind.

Edited by Speedbird_666