Opinions on UKAPU

Scythian

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I never said it wasn't my perception.

Are people not allowed to point out where an organisation isn't following it's own rules and ask questions now? Questions which others may also have. Or are we all just supposed to stick to juvenile attempts at insults which bring nothing to the topic being discussed?

I think ukapu do some good work on behalf of the Airsoft playing community.

They have campaigned and lobbied various officials and worked alongside the police to keep us playing and enjoying the game we all love.

I have supported them for at least seven years and attended a few AGM/game days.

15 minutes ago, TacticalWaifu said:

Asking a question is neither "ranting" nor "judging," nor is it "demanding" answers - but keep making things up. As for the "ranting" claim, you really should look closer to home.

Since you've been nothing but toxic and passive-aggressive, I'm hardly inclined to respond to you anyway - but which orgs I'm a member of are precisely none of your concern.

When the trolling doesn't work, you just return to ad-hominems 🙄 Keep trying to stir things up when your trolling isn't working though, I'm sure you'll get somebody to bite one day 🎣

So you are not ukapu then. Just a soapbox troll. 

3 minutes ago, SBoardley said:

So you are not ukapu then. Just a soapbox troll. 

No soapbox, and the only troll here is you -- stop projecting. If you were actually active you'd have know the answer, but apparently you're just here to sling mud and see what sticks. Me not being obsequious to the demands of an obvious toxic troll says precisely nothing about who I am or aren't a member of. Try harder next time, kid.

9 minutes ago, SBoardley said:

Do you hear your own words when you speak out loud?

Could ask you the same. So far you've brought nothing constructive to this thread and instead have decided to engage in petty attacks on someone else 

If there is a better way to put people off joining UKAPU then I’d like to see it.  At the beginning of the thread I was considering becoming a member, but what with the general back-and-forthing and bylaws being referenced like lives depended on it I’ll steer well clear.

This is supposed to be a fun sport.  None of what I’m seeing above is anything near the definition of fun.  I’ll take my chances with UKARA being sensible enough to protect their livelihoods (and therefore the game).

Edited by Duff Beer
Syntax

1 hour ago, SBoardley said:

I asked a simple question and offered a simple suggestion bud. 

1 hour ago, SBoardley said:

@TacticalWaifuare you actually a member of ukapu? If you are surely there are internal mechanisms for you to use?

@Cannonfodder

Edited by SBoardley

22 minutes ago, SBoardley said:

@Cannonfodder

More trolling from you, how unoriginal 🙄

I asked a relevant question about the Constitution being disregarded -- which is of paramount importance, given it's the only thing that binds the unincorporated association of UKAPU -- it's members and committee -- together.

You, however, made a bunch of petty and unsolicited personal attacks - then thought to push irrelevant personal questions - when my membership of *any* org is neither relevant to the points I raised (or indeed this topic), nor any of your damn business.

Oh, and I'm not your "bud," so drop the condescending BS - it's not big, it's not clever, and you're transparent af.

Edited by TacticalWaifu

4 minutes ago, TacticalWaifu said:

More trolling from you, how unoriginal 🙄

I asked a relevant question about the Constitution being disregarded -- which is of paramount importance, given it's the only thing that binds the unincorporated association of UKAPU -- it's members and committee -- together.

You, however, made a bunch of petty and unsolicited personal attacks - then thought to push irrelevant personal questions - when my membership of *any* org is neither relevant to the points I raised (or indeed this topic), nor any of your damn business.

Oh, and I'm not your "bud," so drop the condescending BS - it's not big, it's not clever, and you're transparent af.

Oh my god. Do you ever shut up? I was referring to cannon as “ bud” I certainly wouldn’t refer to you so endearingly. 
I call something like boring sex starved woke ass hole or something. 

14 minutes ago, Pseudotectonic said:

Join my club for £3 a year, I do everything UKAPU does without going behind the scene

1. Join games without the need of facebook account

2. A legal blog

3. Discounts (currently in negotiations)

4. Email address you can send emails to

Cool.

Will you be doing a free attacksense setup at the n.a.e with prizes for the best times? 😂

3 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Cool.

Will you be doing a free attacksense setup at the n.a.e with prizes for the best times? 😂

If we can get AttackSense to sponsor this and maybe G&G to provide some competition grade airsoft for the game and for the prize, then why the heck not

When they've got close to £20k precariously sitting in a PayPal balance, and this election is supposed to help fix a lot of the issues covered in this post, yes it is.

When a Constitution is the only thing that binds an unincorporated association, because they have no independent legal personality, then absolutely it matters. The fact that you "don't give a shit" and are arrogant enough to try and speak for others, just shows how ignorant and nonchalant you are in this matter -- so your feeble attempt at condescending tripe, really doesn't matter.

Clearly you've never been involved in running such orgs, or you wouldn't be so flippant - but evidently you just had to jump in and have your little dig.

Hope you think you're such a big, strong man for barking orders and saying your spiel 🙄 - I know I don't.

Edited by TacticalWaifu

1 hour ago, Pseudotectonic said:

If we can get AttackSense to sponsor this and maybe G&G to provide some competition grade airsoft for the game and for the prize, then why the heck not

Ok I'll sign up 😂😂

Give it up now @TacticalWaifu

Your rhetoric is becoming somewhat samey.

Regards 

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Give it up now @TacticalWaifu

Your rhetoric is becoming somewhat samey.

Regards 

What the hell is your problem, random dude? Do you just get off on repeatedly attacking people you don't know the first thing about? Is that how you get your rocks off, barking orders at strangers? Pathetic.

• Head Moderator

Moderator Comment

Far too many posts derailing this topic. OP asking for opinions on the UKAPU, not about each other. I am locking it now.

• Thread bashing/trolling
There will be some posts or threads in the forum that you may not like. If you dislike somebody's thread or some of the people participating in the discussion simply don't bother reading or replying to it.

On 14/06/2023 at 20:29, Scythian said:

So, I'm considering joining UKAPU as I seem to be spending an ever increasing amount of time and money on the hobby and I'd like to see it continue. Just wondering if this is the only organization that represents our interests or are there others I should consider?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.