Opinions on UKAPU

Scythian

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

14 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Can't you take it up with ukapu directly.

Regards 

They're literally the UKAPU Press Officer speaking publicly after making the announcement publicly, in a thread about them *not communicating* -- this is as much an appropriate forum as any, given there are at least two committee members in the thread... but by all means be offended by a simple question :)

12 minutes ago, SBoardley said:

What a lovely and polite way of saying what everyone else is thinking…

Your so-called "kindness filter" seems to apply far too late... might want to take a look at that ;)

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, TacticalWaifu said:

Yeah, heaven forbid I want the resulting election to actually be valid, so that threads like this don't exist any more... 🙄 Real mature of you.

Yep I am really mature (in years lol), but your really boring, kinda droning on, maybe you'd be better taking your concerns to email or pm, this is supposed to be a fun place chatting about a fun hobby, & your sucking the fun out of it like an internet vampire.

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, TacticalWaifu said:

I asked a simple question.

You and your cronies are the ones "droning on," and trying to police others... that's much more "internet vampire" than anything else, but keep going off 🙄

This wasn't even your thread, but you've hijacked it, sucked any positivity out of it & pretty much destroyed any interest in ukapu for the rest of us. 😴

Ah, so not only am I not allowed to contribute to threads with pertinent information, you now speak for everyone as well? Ok, whatever you say dear 😂

Seeing as I asked an on-topic question, what's been "hijacked" is you and your ilk resorting to personal attacks rather than anything remotely nice, constructive, or even tangentially related to the UKAPU announcement, but keep going off 🙄

If your interest in something depends on nobody ever daring to point out a single imperfection or flaw in said thing, you must have a pretty uninteresting life. Between that and your needless attacks, I feel for you. Less keyboard warrior BS, more touching grass is needed -- go outside and play with your toys rather than seething in front of a screen ;)

21 minutes ago, TacticalWaifu said:

- go outside and play with your toys rather than seething in front of a screen ;)

That's good advice.perhaps you should take it as well 🤔

Regards 

I've been out plenty, thanks! Some beautiful (if a little hot) airlifting days 😁 -- not that you actually cared, or were in any way sincere... 🤔

All I did was ask a valid, reasonable, and incredibly pertinent question... I'm not the one doing drive-by personal attacks, like you and your ilk.

Since you apparently have nothing UKAPU-related to say here, next time saying something constructive or even just remotely on-topic, instead of doing trolling drive-bys... This just shows your true colors in the worst possible way.

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, TacticalWaifu said:

Ah, so not only am I not allowed to contribute to threads with pertinent information, you now speak for everyone as well? Ok, whatever you say dear 😂

Seeing as I asked an on-topic question, what's been "hijacked" is you and your ilk resorting to personal attacks rather than anything remotely nice, constructive, or even tangentially related to the UKAPU announcement, but keep going off 🙄

If your interest in something depends on nobody ever daring to point out a single imperfection or flaw in said thing, you must have a pretty uninteresting life. Between that and your needless attacks, I feel for you. Less keyboard warrior BS, more touching grass is needed -- go outside and play with your toys rather than seething in front of a screen ;)

LOL, If you think that's a personal attack your the one who needs to get out more, I've not even warmed up. 

The press officer is just that, if you want to effect change you need to go to the right part of the organisation, go and speak to the chairperson or secretary privately where the conversation can be constructive. There are ways of doing things and I don't believe that you'll get the answers or change you are looking for on a thread in a forum.

Better still, if you really want to make changes to the way UKAPU is run then get involved, elected officer or not, I'm sure they'd welcome your passion for ensuring things are done right.

Happy to sign up for UKAPU if anyone wants a nomination for a position at the next AGM - once they've given proper notice and we get the nomination in more than 45 days ahead of the vote of course.

Personally, I'd not heard of UKAPU before this thread, it's been interesting to find out what they do.

I've responded to both the ex-chairperson (and remaining committee member) and new press officer on here, so direct committee communication is very relevant and proper, especially when it's in response to announcements that they make on here. I never said anything about getting any "change" on here, but asking a question of the person who helped draft and then published the announcement, is in no way unreasonable or outlandish, much less non-constructive. Attempting to police others for asking reasonable questions while not policing those resorting to personal attacks for merely asking relevant questions, really isn't a good look.

If you'd read more of the thread, you'd have seen I'd already said about wanting to help improve things -- but that obviously can't happen without an election, or if the elections aren't valid. 🙄

Given the free membership tier anyway, I'd say that it's worth joining, in the hopes that recent communication improvements and a new committee will hopefully move things in a more positive and active direction :)

Just now, Madhouse said:

Happy to sign up for UKAPU if anyone wants a nomination for a position at the next AGM - once they've given proper notice and we get the nomination in more than 45 days ahead of the vote of course.

Be careful, you might end up being attacked for daring to point that fact out, you "internet vampire" - that's how you destroy interest in UKAPU! 🙄 /s

18 minutes ago, TacticalWaifu said:

I've been out plenty, thanks! Some beautiful (if a little hot) airlifting days 😁 -- not that you actually cared, or were in any way sincere... 🤔

All I did was ask a valid, reasonable, and incredibly pertinent question... I'm not the one doing drive-by personal attacks, like you and your ilk.

Since you apparently have nothing UKAPU-related to say here, next time saying something constructive or even just remotely on-topic, instead of doing trolling drive-bys... This just shows your true colors in the worst possible way.

I really don't know what heinous act ukapu have perpetrated against you that has caused you to become so incensed.

By all means go on your crusade,have your rants,put the wrong doers on trial but stop trying to force it upon others dear.

1 minute ago, Shamal said:

I really don't know what heinous act ukapu have perpetrated against you that has caused you to become so incensed.

By all means go on your crusade,have your rants,put the wrong doers on trial but stop trying to force it upon others dear.

I never said UKAPU has "perpetrated" anything against me (you know what they say about assumptions, right? 🙄) and I'm not "incensed" with them -- I literally asked a question about the timescales for agenda and election not matching what the Constitution demands... not a complex or unreasonable thing to observe / question.

No crusade, and no "rant" either, I put nobody "on trial" and didn't force anything on anyone, "dear" -- perhaps you'd do well to check yourself, before condescendingly trying to police others -- if you projected any harder, we'd be able to see you on the moon.

2 minutes ago, TacticalWaifu said:

I never said UKAPU has "perpetrated" anything against me (you know what they say about assumptions, right? 🙄) and I'm not "incensed" with them -- I literally asked a question about the timescales for agenda and election not matching what the Constitution demands... not a complex or unreasonable thing to observe / question.

No crusade, and no "rant" either, I put nobody "on trial" and didn't force anything on anyone, "dear" -- perhaps you'd do well to check yourself, before condescendingly trying to police others -- if you projected any harder, we'd be able to see you on the moon.

No. What do they say about assumptions?

Why am I trying to police others?

I didn't say you have put anybody on trail did I?

7 minutes ago, TacticalWaifu said:

I’d say you’re in danger of becoming a cliche. 

40 minutes ago, Shamal said:

I didn't say you have put anybody on trail did I?

54 minutes ago, Shamal said:

put the wrong doers on trial

3 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Yeah but I never said she had put anybody on trial did I?

53 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

You said that's what she's doing. Pedanticly splitting between past and present tense is just being silly and childish 

Read it as you want bud.😂

3 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Just letting you know how you're coming across 

Well thank you for that👍

2 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Just letting you know how you're coming across 

Your perception mate. There’s only one person on this thread that’s been ranting and judging and demanding answers. 
@TacticalWaifuare you actually a member of ukapu? If you are surely there are internal mechanisms for you to use?

8 minutes ago, SBoardley said:

Your perception mate. There’s only one person on this thread that’s been ranting and judging and demanding answers. 
@TacticalWaifuare you actually a member of ukapu? If you are surely there are internal mechanisms for you to use?

Asking a question is neither "ranting" nor "judging," nor is it "demanding" answers - but keep making things up. As for the "ranting" claim, you really should look closer to home.

Since you've been nothing but toxic and passive-aggressive, I'm hardly inclined to respond to you anyway - but which orgs I'm a member of are precisely none of your concern.

When the trolling doesn't work, you just return to ad-hominems 🙄 Keep trying to stir things up when your trolling isn't working though, I'm sure you'll get somebody to bite one day 🎣

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.