Questionable politics and airsofters

Pupa2794

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

9 hours ago, Defender90 said:

My first thought about Z or Wagner insignia is that while we should aspire to live in a free-er and more tolerant country I would enjoy shooting at that.

I have seen someone in Waffen SS get up but as he didn't have badges as I remember I guess it was okay. My half German nephew raised his eyebrows mind you. I mean if you've got an Stg44 you absolutely must accessorise with I suppose I sort of understand.

If dressing up like this annoys you, don't do any historical filmsim. WW2 airsoft has to have two teams, after all :P

• Supporters
22 hours ago, Impulse said:

If dressing up like this annoys you, don't do any historical filmsim. WW2 airsoft has to have two teams, after all :P

True, but you can have Wehrmacht without any spicy, spikey S's.  That's always a conscious choice, it's not a case of bigger boys making you windmill up, then running away.

• 3 weeks later...

Well we shouldn't be seeing any more Wagner patches now

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-66724396

From about a quarter of the way down

The proscription order will make it a criminal offence to support the group - including by arranging a meetings aimed at furthering the organisation's activities, expressing support for its aims or displaying its flag or logo.

Richard Wagner T-Shirt Opera Orchestra Classic Music Nibelungen - Picture 1 of 1

Without defining what a 'Wagner flag or logo' is, the opera lovers amongst us will live in fear.  Is a Ring Cycle poster/print enough to get you a spell in chokey now? 

At a guess I'd say one of these

Wagner-Group-Logo-history.thumb.png.38bef7fc59f07bc1a4f65934cfa40f75.png

Section 13 of the Terrorism Act 2000 states

"

13Uniform

(1)A person in a public place commits an offence if he—

(a)wears an item of clothing, or

(b)wears, carries or displays an article,

in such a way or in such circumstances as to arouse reasonable suspicion that he is a member or supporter of a proscribed organisation.

(2)A constable in Scotland may arrest a person without a warrant if he has reasonable grounds to suspect that the person is guilty of an offence under this section.

(3)A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on summary conviction to—

(a)imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months,

(b)a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or

(c)both.

If you're worried then you better stick to the old Ludwig Van

0415975e197ea6ab834a9651c3ae893b-clock-work-stanley-kubrick.thumb.jpg.c1f188b6289598cff8cf7d148e9acacc.jpg

Edited by Cannonfodder

11 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Well we shouldn't be seeing any more Wagner patches now

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-66724396

From about a quarter of the way down

The proscription order will make it a criminal offence to support the group - including by arranging a meetings aimed at furthering the organisation's activities, expressing support for its aims or displaying its flag or logo.

Strictly speaking they were always illegal in Russia anyway, which is one of the reasons why they only opened an office in Russia last November 

But laws don’t count in Russia if your Putins mate and / or pay him off.

…. and of course Wagner never were mercenaries, they have always been a deniable part of the Russian army 

We can only hope that some tit doesn't decide to play in a Wagner loadout hoping to claim some kind of theatrical/themed game defence and a bit of public notoriety.  'It's a character in a game, I don't support them in real life,' type thing.  

There's sometimes idiot willing to engage in puerile edgelord shit.  

A separate point is that there are quite a few Chinese cheapo skull, and also crossed daggers patches around.  Fail the attitude test and an officious copper could make a case that you were representing the logo minus the writing.  

I suppose it's another example of needing a single well briefed airsoft organisation to speak to the media in case of individual idiocy.  I'm not a fan of this type of law.  I'd rather fools outed themselves to social ridicule than expose us all to the risk of legal sanction/restriction.  

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.