Gbb only skirmish

Schnitz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I think it would be interesting to have a skirmish day exclusive to gbbr/gbb (and perhaps spring), has anyone one attended or encountered anything like this? With everyone having heavy, low capacity magazines and limited fire power, I think it would make for some fun gameplay! Would this sort of event appeal to anyone else or just me 😂!? 

I know a few sites used to do gbb and spring days/games. And FAO did a pistols only night not so long ago, not sure which site they used for that one though. 

A lot of milsim have limited ammo or low cap mag requirements but you have to look for individual events and their requirements. 

Personally the biggest mag I run in an aeg is 100rnd midcap. It nice to have the reload and limited supplies. 

I remember tech brigade ran pistol and pump games about lunch time years ago. No help now though. I would be happy to play one of those games. I would also allow an AEG m249 with a 100-200rnd mid cap in the side as the realistic support role. 

Thanks for the response everyone! Another question, have you ever done a forum skirmish? I'm thinking if enough people wanted to, we could book a field for a private event and come up with our own rules regarding loadout types and ammo limits etc 😁

Think the gaol at Oakham does a pistol and shotgun night game and they allow gbbrs to them (confirm before attending!). 

I honestly haven't really felt out gunned with a gbbrs vs aeg players, maybe it's the site I attend. If you can't score a hit with 30 bbs you should probably move. 

I would love a gbbr and support weapon (actual support weapons, not an mp5 with a box mag) only event, ideally a 24+ hour event. 

Did a filmsim descent game that was an honor based 30 round cap and support weapons then became hugely important as did squads working together

I haven't been involved in a forum based skirmish, I think we are probably all quite spread out, logistics would be a pain. 

On 18/04/2023 at 01:29, THE CHIEF said:

I remember tech brigade ran pistol and pump games about lunch time years ago. No help now though. I would be happy to play one of those games. I would also allow an AEG m249 with a 100-200rnd mid cap in the side as the realistic support role. 

Matt Dean with a pair of Infinities, when you could still get Western arms and upgrades for them...

On 18/04/2023 at 08:37, Emergencychimps said:

I honestly haven't really felt out gunned with a gbbrs vs aeg players, maybe it's the site I attend. If you can't score a hit with 30 bbs you should probably move. 

This. When my G&G gbbr worked I played against aeg players with only 3 mags with no problems. You just have to adjust your playing style and pick your shots rather than sitting back and dumping rounds at anything that moves

9 hours ago, John_W said:

Matt Dean with a pair of Infinities, when you could still get Western arms and upgrades for them...

Those were the days

Gunman does these at Tuddenham.   Great fun and very intense gameplay.   Very low attendance though.  

Way, way back when I first started marshalling, we used to run gas pistol and spring shotgun evenings; attendance was poor although they were great fun.  I suspect that GBB and springer days would be financially unviable for site owners.

On 22/04/2023 at 04:09, Cannonfodder said:

This. When my G&G gbbr worked I played against aeg players with only 3 mags with no problems. You just have to adjust your playing style and pick your shots rather than sitting back and dumping rounds at anything that moves

Those were the days

I usually play GBBRs, only rarely use any aeg's these days, and also never feel out gunned . As you say , you adlust your play style to suit. I usually run 5 mags and a speed loader which gives me about 300 rounds for a game and I've generally got some left at game over.

Level 2 airsoft in Atherton seem to be running the exact scenario you're suggesting as a bank holiday one-off, I imagine they'll make it regular if they get good feedback.  They also run a  tap-tap pause rule as a regular rule in their normal game days, which provides much more interesting gameplay compared to your standard semi-auto rules in CQB sites.
image.thumb.png.74316fc278ac92b167654a883817ecab.png

On 23/04/2023 at 10:05, Enid_Puceflange said:

I’ve always wanted to run a pistol / Spring Shotty game at our site

Apparently there is little interest in it , hardly any of our regulars  even own a spring shotty ☹️

I love spring shoties. I'd be well up for that 

On 24/04/2023 at 16:19, Skullchewer said:
On 23/04/2023 at 10:05, Enid_Puceflange said:

I love spring shoties. I'd be well up for that

But why? Ok sure it ticks the "fun" box, but range and accuracy are somewhat, lacking.

Maybe it's due to mine being an entry level number ...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.