So I'm making my own grenades...

Jez_Armstrong

8 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Also known as hat size adjustment foam, to the customers of a particular store

Oooh that's much cheaper than B&Q 😂

Currently printing the next shell in TPU so it should be able to withstand a shit load of impacts 

So just waiting on my printer to knock out a new shell, 50% infil TPU, new designed end caps, threads on both ends, pre cut holes for buttons and speaker grills 

So while that's printing I made this strobe M84, only to discover you can get them for £18 on Ali express, but fuck it I like making things and I have a week signed off by the doctor for a bad shoulder 

20230329_105744-min.jpg

21 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Photosensitive epileptics will thank your local sites for pre-emptively banning that.

Ditto

21 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Although of course now I'm intrigued as to how well the Ali Express ones actually work. :D

Double ditto

2 hours ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

20230329_105744-min.jpg

Either you want to worry majorly about the battery in there

Or you have previously burnt your desk

On the use of strobes it’s a very tricky matter

I was surprised to play a game once where we were allowed to use them, and we did - using a lights strobe mode to distract along a hallway

We have also used strobe lighting and strobing pyro for a couple of events. 
This is quite a nightmare to plan for, ensuring that no players or staff have photosensitive epilepsy or other related conditions , then add on the worry of someone who does not yet know that they have photosensitive epilepsy / other conditions and also the added risk of all the distractions and added confusion that it brings to the gameplay

The easy answer for a site (and it’s insurance) is to just say no

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Photosensitive epileptics will thank your local sites for pre-emptively banning that.

Although of course now I'm intrigued as to how well the Ali Express ones actually work. :D

Luckily our local site asks at each briefing if anyone suffers from photosensitive lights and if anyone has an issue with strobes 

52 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Ditto

Double ditto

Either you want to worry majorly about the battery in there

Or you have previously burnt your desk

Cutting springs and heat compressing them down 👍

38 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

On the use of strobes it’s a very tricky matter

I was surprised to play a game once where we were allowed to use them, and we did - using a lights strobe mode to distract along a hallway

We have also used strobe lighting and strobing pyro for a couple of events. 
This is quite a nightmare to plan for, ensuring that no players or staff have photosensitive epilepsy or other related conditions , then add on the worry of someone who does not yet know that they have photosensitive epilepsy / other conditions and also the added risk of all the distractions and added confusion that it brings to the gameplay

The easy answer for a site (and it’s insurance) is to just say no

Strobe is such a cancer feature I'm always against it because it gives you huge advantage against anyone else. It's not fun to play against it and it's annoying. 

Any decent site marshall mentions and asks if everyone is okay with it. Also, if anyone is sensitive or has epilepsy it's out of question.

Edited by Krisz

3 hours ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

20230329_105744-min.jpg

Love the design. Would love BFGs with this kind of styling with a functioning & reusable/replaceable FOL. Surprised noone has done it yet. Closest thing to that functionality is the Torc Precision SF-DF but that's an impact BFG, not timed. I know single-use FOL pyro exist but pointless spending that extra cash when it's single use.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

then add on the worry of someone who does not yet know that they have photosensitive epilepsy / other conditions

The Depot used to ask, but (2nd hand anecdote) what ended strobes there was when a lad found out the hard way while standing at the top of some stairs.

Even very bright and narrow beam weapon lights are a bit of a cad's trick.  At some point you're not using them to see, but to avoid being seen.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

The Depot used to ask, but (2nd hand anecdote) what ended strobes there was when a lad found out the hard way while standing at the top of some stairs.

Even very bright and narrow beam weapon lights are a bit of a cad's trick.  At some point you're not using them to see, but to avoid being seen.

That's why I use 300 lumen instead of 1000 on my pistol and never buying flashlights higher than 300 for my primaries. Yes, there is more to it than just lumen but it's not difficult to be a dick regarding flashlights.

I had occasions when someone put a strobe on an elevatod platform and your shadow gives away your position even before you peek. I always refrained to shoot other people's equipment on purpose but I was considering it....😎

Edited by Krisz

So the new grenade shell has now been printed in TPU, it's bendy, will take impacts and have currently programed 3 sounds into it (for some reason it won't recognise other files so I'm working on why)

Body has been Modifed, buttons now sink into pre cut holes

https://youtu.be/JtmdE7lSd3Y

On 30/03/2023 at 10:13, Jez_Armstrong said:

So the new grenade shell has now been printed in TPU, it's bendy, will take impacts and have currently programed 3 sounds into it (for some reason it won't recognise other files so I'm working on why)

Body has been Modifed, buttons now sink into pre cut holes

https://youtu.be/JtmdE7lSd3Y

At what point does Jez realise that they are no longer refining an electronic grenade but have fallen down the rabbit hole full of all the potential prop device functions, and the ability to configure game modes & rules?

3 hours ago, Tommikka said:

At what point does Jez realise that they are no longer refining an electronic grenade but have fallen down the rabbit hole full of all the potential prop device functions, and the ability to configure game modes & rules?

What do you mean? 

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

What do you mean? 

I should imagine, & I believe he's rightly complimenting you Jez, that the speed you've turned this round & subsequently refined it shows its/your potential for a multitude of uses, or the manufacture of other products that can be used in all aspects & scenarios in airsoft. 

👍

(or maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick & I'm talking bollocks lol🤣

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

What do you mean? 

Last I heard, the Molyneux MAS-G was going to be an impact grenade, a timed grenade, a tripwire mine, a proximity mine, a location beacon, a WiFi hotspot, a coffee maker, and an intimate massager.

Oh I see! 

Yeah I did have a look at their Facebook page and it seems they/he is making some kind of epi pen grenade, from my thinking it's just far to complicated to set off 

It needs to be simple, push a button and throw the thing, from the video I saw you had to do about 4 or 5 steps before the thing even gets set off

And because now I'm unfortunately down to just one 3D printer in my workshop I won't be making these at a really big production but I do feel it might be a good idea to give away the design for anyone to print themselves and draw up a wiring diagram and how to so you can make it yourself 

The shell itself takes 18 hours to print and assembly of the internals (if you're handy with a soldering iron) takes about 30 minutes 

Cost wise, it's whatever your 3d printer costs to run for 18 hours which according to my smart meter was about £6 

The board costs £10

The buttons cost £8.99 for a pack of 8

The speaker was from a £5.99 bluetooth speaker I got off amazon and ripped out 

It takes an 18650 battery and I used an 18650 battery holder inside 

You'd need some wire, a soldering iron and a spare SD card

I don't have time to sit here and make X amount of these I'm just a one man band but I'm happy to give my creation away to the community 

23 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

intimate massager.

Anything can be that if you're brave/drunk enough

2 hours ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

What do you mean? 

You’ve done the donkey work.

Initially ‘just’ a reusable grenade - something you can throw with a timer and detonation 

Your latest shows something that can be used as a grenade, or apparently with other modes such as the ‘activated’ device and countdown.

In itself a game format could be written around that - find a device, take it to a location and activate it

If you have a deactivate button then the defenders could save themselves (and perhaps then 

Or expand on the device.  Instead of just running a game that uses the device, programme a few game types into the device:

A maximum game time - start the clock at game on

Two modes on what happens if it is ‘defused’ - either the game ends and the defenders have won, or it can be rearmed and you have a game running back and forth until there is a successful detonation or game time runs out 

Once you’ve started it’s more constrained by imagination than anything else 

It does spiral though.

The attached photo is one stage of a test bed / prototyping device.

We have run a few events with devices that one of our guys makes, I bought an old ‘commercial’ site prop at an auction which needed some fixing, and it became a lockdown project to get it back running, identify its modes and then also produce new ideas of a combination of different game formats and the devices to run them

EE95AB0C-C80F-4AA8-BDE7-A0BE232EB1F5.jpeg

I’m not showing the rest, but the underlying software can go into a cased device or another ‘object’ such as your grenade/device

The screen & keypad aren’t required, just some form of input/output which can be keys, buttons, screens, audio, beeps, lights …. And other things 

Post COVID I have a host body built for a new device which just needs spare time to make particular holes and assemble the components 

• 11 months later...

threw the guts into a much smaller case that you can plug a USB lead into and change your sounds via your phone in game in about 15 seconds or so, meaning its just one button to push 

I think I've found the ultimate "WTF" audio for being thrown into a dark room 

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-10 at 14.20.39_b3c494cd.jpg

• Supporters
44 minutes ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

LOL, I want that one, so I can slide it under my sons bed at about 5am🤣

That is something that's gonna make everyone in the vicinity of "WTF IS THAT" along with the mass confusion if its a player or someone playing a clip from a film lol.

35 minutes ago, CursedChris said:

That is something that's gonna make everyone in the vicinity of "WTF IS THAT" along with the mass confusion if its a player or someone playing a clip from a film lol.

Yeah, and when everyone is looking around for what the issue is, ill jump in the room and shoot everyone and run away laughing hehe