VFC GBB M249

Super64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

3 hours ago, rj1986 said:

Refresh my memory - is the 200rnd hard case "mag" actually just a giant green gas source that you fill normally?

3 hours ago, rj1986 said:

Refresh my memory - is the 200rnd hard case "mag" actually just a giant green gas source that you fill normally?

Yes , it’ll still be 100rd mags under the top cover 👍🏼

looking at the design of the mags I think a external mag will follow soon. If not it should be pretty easy make an adapter to feed externally. the only issue is how to get gas into it if the baw sack is feeding BB's instead of gas.

5 hours ago, JimFromHorsham said:

Yes , it’ll still be 100rd mags under the top cover 👍🏼

I have seen some sources claiming 175 rounds per mag, and pics even show the mags have round count markers all the way to 175...

Guessing  it will be a similar case to the PTS EPM1 mags, where spring needs breaking in or you need a strong speed loader. (Bit of a side note,  but I that is the case,  then i use G&G pistol sized speed loaders to fill my PTS mags, and they are bomb proof,  surviving for 2 years at this point, when other cheap speed loaders would shatter under the strain)

1 hour ago, mightyjebus said:

looking at the design of the mags I think a external mag will follow soon. If not it should be pretty easy make an adapter to feed externally. the only issue is how to get gas into it if the baw sack is feeding BB's instead of gas.

I'm not so convinced that it will be so easy to convert the gun to an external gas and BB combined box mag (and I don't see any other way of feeding gas other than from a combined mag without HPA lines involved)  Not without significant mods.

Yeah VFC use a specific loader to get it to 175, generic speeloaders can’t put enough pressure on.

Even at 100, at least you don’t have to carry around another nutsack or box, just a teeny bit of plastic. Beats carrying 6/7/8 heavy GBB AR mags in my eyes.

4 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Yeah VFC use a specific loader to get it to 175

any details on what loader that may be?  would be good to be able to get extra rounds in each mag to keep me in the fight for longer between reloads

still going to try with the G&G speedloaders when the mags arrive, but it would be good to know what other speedloader i may need to look at in case they dont work. (as i said above,  the G&G speedloaders are able to overcome the tension on an EPM1 mag unlike other soeedloaders, so at this point i dont see why they wouldnt work)

13 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

From what I remember it was a big box, electronic thingy.

The G&G one as you say could be a good shout, hopefully it will push it past 100 easily enough.

ah, i think i know the one you mean. (*edit* this one right?  https://www.vanguardsolutions.nl/?v=79cba1185463 )
yeah thats a bit on the expensive side... especially if the G&G ones will do the job just as well.

anyone asks for speedloader recommendations, i will recommend those ones every day of the week

Edited by Spartan09
add reference link

Watched video,   Added M249 to my Xmas list.

But I think it was on there already ;)  I think I have a weird fetish for bipods on guns... formed all the way back when I was in the cadets and had Bren guns in the school armoury.  And when I got to fire  the Bren and a GPMG on the range.   I did buy a gripod and tried that for a day but it's not really the same thing, is it?

And I have had an email this morning...

My 249 is on the way from Taiwan.

UPS estimates delivery on Friday,  but I can almost guarantee It will be delayed in customs

3 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I was in the cadets and had Bren guns in the school armoury.  

How you doing over there grandad..

XD

7 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Bren guns in the school armoury

actual Brens or LSW's?

4 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

actual Brens or LSW's?

Actual Brens.  This was back at the end of the 80 's.    I think we had 2 or 3 but they never really got touched and maybe they weren't there for long.  Certainly never fired, and I can only remember one training session (field strip) with a Bren. 

It was a big armoury... There were a lot of Lee Enfield no4's in .303", some of which were set up as target rifles with Parker Hale diopter sights.  We later got a number of 'proper' target rifles chambered in 7.62mm.  not sure what their designation was.

And a bunch of the Lee Enfield .22" cadet target rifles.

The full bore stuff got used at Bisley for competitions, and taken to various army camps occasionally, and we had a small bore rifle range on the school site.  Which was nice.

3 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Actual Brens.  This was back at the end of the 80 's.    I think we had 2 or 3 but they never really got touched and maybe they weren't there for long.  Certainly never fired, and I can only remember one training session (field strip) with a Bren. 

It was a big armoury... There were a lot of Lee Enfield no4's in .303", some of which were set up as target rifles with Parker Hale diopter sights.  We later got a number of 'proper' target rifles chambered in 7.62mm.  not sure what their designation was.

The full bore stuff got used at Bisley for competitions, and taken to various army camps occasionally, and we had a small bore rifle range on the school site.  Which was nice.

We had a solitary Bren in the school armoury and we got to use it occasionally.

On 27/07/2023 at 03:10, RostokMcSpoons said:

We had a couple of .303 Bren guns in our ACF armoury back in the mid 1980’s. I remember being issued one for an exercise with 2 mags and just 20 blanks. I got a massive bollocking when during the contact I ripped the whole lot of in one burst. 

Sod carrying around that lump as a teenager

Edited by Captain Darling

2 hours ago, Nick G said:

I appear ot have just 'accidentally' ordered one from Airsoft world 😁

Any chance you can accidentally order another and send it to me?  

VFC seem to do a pretty good job of building gas guns, well, by version 2 anyway.  What else is on their horizon?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.