VFC GBB M249

Super64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

You crazy suns'a'bitches you did it..

Honestly pretty bonkers the amount of options that have been coming out the past few years.  So much so it's getting hard for airsofters to say 'JuST aNoThEr m4'.

That's gonna be a logistical labour of love, possibly looking at a dedicated chest rig setup with something like Spiritus mutant pouches or other more old school LMG pouches to carry extra drums and bb mags unless you don't plan on shooting much.  Presumably need a good supply of bulk propane, 88grammers or whatever HPA weirdos do to keep themselves fup-fupping away.  But on the flip side you obviously get more shots of GBB fun-ness than just about anything else per game.  Credit where it's due they've come up with all the feeding options one could reasonably ask for from a new release, hope everything is well made.

You could see if someone does a surefire 60 round Stanag gas mags for this, that should maybe get 100 shots out of - means less fiddly mag pouches.

I suppose it depends how well these sell and how good the platform is. If this was the start of another hi-capa or VSR style surge, then we could be seeing lots of GBB LMGs and 3rd party accessories taking off. I would love to see them.

Edited by rj1986

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 09/01/2023 at 23:06, 1st commando said:

Retailers are only just now about to be offered pre orders so wait a week or so. 

Any update on this 1st commando ?

7 hours ago, Nick G said:

Any update on this 1st commando ?

retailers have pre ordered so  have no idea why they haven't put pre orders up yet . It might be just a bit early for them with changing exchange rates etc 

They are not due until after summer 

• 3 months later...

The £549 doesn't include tax and shipping etc.  Bear in mind the $500 VFC Carl Gustav retails over here for £750...So a $700 M249 that is going to be a bit cheaper to ship I guess is likely to be nowhere near £549.

2 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

The £549 doesn't include tax and shipping etc.  Bear in mind the $500 VFC Carl Gustav retails over here for £750...So a $700 M249 that is going to be a bit cheaper to ship I guess is likely to be nowhere near £549.

Yeah, it’s definitely going to be more like £700 to £800. Bearing in mind the VFC FAL is priced at £489 on WGC, but the U.K. retailers have it anywhere between £640 and £830. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. 

1 hour ago, Super64 said:

Plus 180 for the box mag, and 50 for 3 spare internal bb mags ….. plus postage… call it £1100 all in? 

Fucking hell. And whoever buys one is going to be a product tester for the inevitable V2.

Also that box mag and the 3 mags pack are double the price they are in Asia, even with shipping it would be way cheaper to get from overseas.

Edited by Wavey_Gravey

They're going for realism.  It's a GBB after all.  Perhaps their thinking is, if you're running a GBB, you would appreciate the necessity of opening up the top cover every 100 rounds just like a real one.  I get it.  Reloading is part of airsoft for me.

If you didn't want to do that, you'd just get a P* or Daytona Gun M249.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

They're going for realism.  It's a GBB after all.  Perhaps their thinking is, if you're running a GBB, you would appreciate the necessity of opening up the top cover every 100 rounds just like a real one.  I get it.  Reloading is part of airsoft for me.

If you didn't want to do that, you'd just get a P* or Daytona Gun M249.

If you want to go for realism, the M249 uses 200 round box mags or 30 round STANAGs. The VFC can take gas in a STANAG or box (so 30 or 200), maybe if a 100round nutsack was an option?

I get that this is a niche thing and not loads of people can afford it but still.

• 1 month later...

Soo....    I might have "accidentally" used my credit card and pre ordered one with SWIT airsoft...

I know I will get stung with import duty,  but still got to be cheaper than buying from the only UK based seller I can find taking preorders...

Just a little bit annoyed that they haven't released the CO2 tank option yet...   hoping it gets released soon

44 minutes ago, Spartan09 said:

Soo....    I might have "accidentally" used my credit card and pre ordered one with SWIT airsoft...

I know I will get stung with import duty,  but still got to be cheaper than buying from the only UK based seller I can find taking preorders...

Just a little bit annoyed that they haven't released the CO2 tank option yet...   hoping it gets released soon

I did the same and put a preorder in with Dave’s on my credit card. It will be more expensive than waiting for it to become more widely available in the U.K, but I’m too impatient to wait. I keep checking WGC for the nutsack box magazine as they tend to get VFC stuff fairly quickly, but no joy yet. I’m also trying to decide whether to go with the Para stock or the collapsible stock.

4 hours ago, Super64 said:

I did the same and put a preorder in with Dave’s on my credit card. It will be more expensive than waiting for it to become more widely available in the U.K, but I’m too impatient to wait. I keep checking WGC for the nutsack box magazine as they tend to get VFC stuff fairly quickly, but no joy yet. I’m also trying to decide whether to go with the Para stock or the collapsible stock.

I did look at DCA,  but he wants nearly £800 for the gun alone...   SWIT has it for 560...   so i was able to order the gas box and 2 sets of 3 mags with postage for only slightly more than DCA wants for the gun alone...

I know I will have to pay import, but hoping it won't be too much.  And I don't mind waiting a little bit as it allows me to sort out the supplies I will need to run the gun.

I am keeping my eyes open for a collapsible stock and the CO2 box mag options to be released

will probably wait until i have the gun in hand and then order the para stock, either from the link @mightyjebus linked, or any UK based shops that subsequently list the parts.

the main part im looking for though will be the CO2 box mag power source...   because it will be easier to store a box of 88g CO2 bulbs than a crate of green gas.  probably cheaper to run too depending on how long the gas/CO2 lasts when being fired

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.