armbands

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Most of site I play at use coloured tape to mark teams, it's gaffer tape or something similar, and I will often drop layers off during play and I was am looking for an armband to use rather than tape which has to be re applied.

I know enola gay have done some neoprene ones but the stock is limited both in amount and colour.

Does anyone know a good place to get that type of armband? Something similar to the enola ones, which isnt out of stock.

What are the odds? I was whingeing about the residue from the tape yesterday so my wife is making me and my little group some bands!

image.jpg

As you can see, there’s two sizes. The smaller ones are 19” long to get around my arms. The bigger ones are an enormous 25.5” for the absolute units that I play with!

We used my skinny little legs as a guide for the bigger ones…

Edited by Alimcd

25 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

What are the odds? I was whingeing about the residue from the tape yesterday so my wife is making me and my little group some bands!

image.jpg

Those look great!

I tried some of the stretchy bands for football teams etc and they weren't up to the job. Even with max stretch they wouldn't go round my arm.

The patrol base ones don't mention as size so waiting on a reply for those.

I like the idea of the ones I found on airsoft world but the stocks gone.

Edited by concretesnail

Mrs McD has used 4.5” of 2” wide Velcro on either end so there’s a good amount of adjustability and even with just an inch of contact, they take some force to fall off

image.jpg

Edited by Alimcd

• Supporters

I bought 2inch elastic from fleabay, a metre each of green , blue , red , yellow cut it too size stitched it together and you’ve more that enough for 4 armbands in each colour so if you only want the one of each you’ve got 3 full sets of singles you can sell on or 1 set of doubles if you keep one for each arm as some sites do ‘double arm’ the teams . So able to get your money back no problem .

• Supporters
22 hours ago, concretesnail said:

I tried some of the stretchy bands for football teams etc and they weren't up to the job.

They're sized for the oriental children who make airsoft guns, not for the overgrown occidental children who play with them.

I've got strips of coloured velcro serving as bands, but elastic sounds even easier.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

They're sized for the oriental children who make airsoft guns, not for the overgrown occidental children who play with them.

I can agree with that, one of my old regular sites bought a load of ready made velcro armbands, they were great for most of the younger players, but some of us real "men" had to attach two together to make them fit our ample "muscular" arms 🤣💪

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

I've got strips of coloured velcro serving as bands, but elastic sounds even easier.

That's about right, I was looking at some others last night and even some phone sleeve things that are coloured and they all seem to go up to size 22cm circumference, not a chance that'll fit.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.