Does this fit? I am new to Airsoft

EB1

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Welcome

Yes it should fit. Check that there isn't a grub screw holding the flash hider on before you try to unscrew it.

Helmet, body armour can be found in army surplus retailers or ebay for cheap repro.

'Budget' and 'night vision' do not fit together 🤣

Search the forum to see what others use...

Edited by EDcase

The cheapest you will get night vision is from tesco.

A big bag of carrots. 😆

But as @EDcasesays its not cheap.

A company called fox do night vision goggles for around £150

They do work after a fashion but not wonderful and they show two red circles when the ir is on which is a giveaway lol.

Regards

Edited by Shamal

5 hours ago, EDcase said:

Welcome

Yes it should fit. Check that there isn't a grub screw holding the flash hider on before you try to unscrew it.

Helmet, body armour can be found in army surplus retailers or ebay for cheap repro.

'Budget' and 'night vision' do not fit together 🤣

Search the forum to see what others use...

Cheers mate, appreciate the help.

4 hours ago, Shamal said:

The cheapest you will get night vision is from tesco.

A big bag of carrots. 😆

But as @EDcasesays its not cheap.

A company called fox do night vision goggles for around £150

They do work after a fashion but not wonderful and they show two red circles when the ir is on which is a giveaway lol.

Regards

When I meant cheap I was willing to pay around £150-200. I meant cheap compared to the expensive ones (one that would do my job for the lowest price lol). Cheers nevertheless mate.

6 hours ago, EB1 said:

Cheers mate, appreciate the help.

When I meant cheap I was willing to pay around £150-200. I meant cheap compared to the expensive ones (one that would do my job for the lowest price lol). Cheers nevertheless mate.

This question gets asked alot. Many people ignore the advice given and go ahead and buy the cheap kit. You would need to flood the area with IR for any cheap night vision kit to work, which basically makes you a massive target for anyone else using night vision.

Even with a flood of IR you still probably couldn't see anyone anyway due to the terrible resolution and fish eye lensing.

Most people who go the cheap route end up selling their night vision equipment at a massive loss after the first attempt at using it in game. Save your money and buy something else with it, or keep saving, you need to spend at least 1k+ to make it worth your while.

So to reiterate, you are very very unlikely to have a good experience with anything less then Gen2 equipment. With cheap kit you make yourself a massive target at distance and you still wouldn't be able to see anything substantial beyond a few meters. 

Edited by Asomodai

5 hours ago, Asomodai said:

This question gets asked alot. Many people ignore the advice given and go ahead and buy the cheap kit. You would need to flood the area with IR for any cheap night vision kit to work, which basically makes you a massive target for anyone else using night vision.

Even with a flood of IR you still probably couldn't see anyone anyway due to the terrible resolution and fish eye lensing.

Most people who go the cheap route end up selling their night vision equipment at a massive loss after the first attempt at using it in game. Save your money and buy something else with it, or keep saving, you need to spend at least 1k+ to make it worth your while.

So to reiterate, you are very very unlikely to have a good experience with anything less then Gen2 equipment. With cheap kit you make yourself a massive target at distance and you still wouldn't be able to see anything substantial beyond a few meters. 

I only want my night vision to have fun with at home, I won’t be taking them to games and so on, only to have fun with at home and walk in the dark in my house lol

8 hours ago, Hudson said:

Any night vision for £200 or less isn't really going to be worth having imo.

I see, what do you think is a more realistic price range?

1 hour ago, EB1 said:

I only want my night vision to have fun with at home, I won’t be taking them to games and so on, only to have fun with at home and walk in the dark in my house lol

I see, what do you think is a more realistic price range?

For what you've said?

Honestly zero. I don't see the point in spending money solely for something like that you'll be using at home.

The Money could go towards something useful like guns, accessories or clothing and get 100x the value.

On 05/03/2022 at 21:49, EDcase said:

Just purchased it, I'll let you know when I receive it if it fit. Really hope it does otherwise it will be a waste of money 😕

• Supporters
7 hours ago, EB1 said:

Just purchased it, I'll let you know when I receive it if it fit. Really hope it does otherwise it will be a waste of money 😕

Welcome to airsoft. 20% excitement, 80% disappointment when shit doesn't fit.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Lozart said:

20% excitement, 80% disappointment when shit doesn't fit.

First I lolled, then I sad.

Absolute truth, and if the value for money proposition of a tracer unit is problematic, I'd question why you'd even think about night vision until you're sure that you're going to do enough night games to warrant it.

16 hours ago, Lozart said:

Welcome to airsoft. 20% excitement, 80% disappointment when shit doesn't fit.

lmao 

10 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

First I lolled, then I sad.

Absolute truth, and if the value for money proposition of a tracer unit is problematic, I'd question why you'd even think about night vision until you're sure that you're going to do enough night games to warrant it.

Like I said the night vision isn't for games, it's for myself to use at home lol

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.