Marui 1911s

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yes, I know the 1911s are not recommended for skirmishing.

Marui make several different models of 1911, and they often introduce improvements into later models, like the M9 series.

I just wondered what might be considered their best 1911. The latest are the ones with rail in tan or black with the fancy grips, but I don't like rails on 1911s. So these and Desert Night Foliage Warrior are  out.

So that just leaves the WW2 one, the Mk IV Series 70 and the MEU. As far as I know the MEU is newer than the others, so I wondered if it had any improvements, or if all the three were pretty much the same internally.

Can standard TM grips be used to replace the Pachmayr copies on the MEU?

The updated 1911 is the M45A1 and v10 ultra compact. As said every other 1911 are internally the same. Also all the 1911s are good skirmish guns they are just not winter guns.

Edited by BigStew

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

The updated 1911 is the M45A1 and v10 ultra compact. As said every other 1911 are internally the same. Also all the 1911s are good skirmish guns they are just not winter guns.

I don't know enough of the TM range to know if 1911/MEU stuff is considered entirely separate from the Hi Capas, but my 5.1 D.O.R was peachy at the weekend, and I was using it as my primary (for the jailbreak game) and rapid firing without a hitch.   It wasn't freezing but it was certainly chilly.  Some other pistols I saw weren't working well. 

So a big thumbs-up from me

48 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I don't know enough of the TM range to know if 1911/MEU stuff is considered entirely separate from the Hi Capas, but my 5.1 D.O.R was peachy at the weekend, and I was using it as my primary (for the jailbreak game) and rapid firing without a hitch.   It wasn't freezing but it was certainly chilly.  Some other pistols I saw weren't working well. 

So a big thumbs-up from me

the double stack mag is the only major difference between Hi Capa and 1911 mechanically and what makes all the difference performance wise.

3 hours ago, BigStew said:

the double stack mag is the only major difference between Hi Capa and 1911 mechanically and what makes all the difference performance wise.

Mostly because of the larger gas capacity of the fatter mag, double stack is a nice side benefit 

• Supporters
15 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks to you both.

So, if the three I mentioned all the same internally I will just go ahead and choose one on looks - probably the MEU because of its rear sights.

I seem to remember the MEU having a particularly sensitive trigger.

They're certainly not "unskirmishable" just be aware of their limitations (don't try and mag dump in rapid succession and don't expect to get a whole mag of rounds out in anything below about 10degC)

11 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I seem to remember the MEU having a particularly sensitive trigger.

They're certainly not "unskirmishable" just be aware of their limitations (don't try and mag dump in rapid succession and don't expect to get a whole mag of rounds out in anything below about 10degC)

They have exactly the same trigger mechanisms as the m1911A1 and the series 70s and warriors. The physical triggers vary in depth which could make the trigger feel more sensitive but they still have the same amount of travel. Or could be just a case of different levels of wear on the mech.

• Supporters
On 16/02/2022 at 17:13, emilianoksa said:

Yes, I know the 1911s are not recommended for skirmishing.

I’d say no the problems with them not the gun , why I’ve always said Bollox there no good for scurmishing when I’ve ever come across this topic  . My take on the argument has always been there’s no guns that can’t be scurmished , there’s just LOTS of players that cant scurmish with them ! I’ve seen players running 20🦑 springer shotties with just the one 25bb magazine and thoroughly enjoy the day ! 

9 hours ago, Druid799 said:

I’ve seen players running 20🦑 springer shotties with just the one 25bb magazine and thoroughly enjoy the day ! 

I've played several games with my £10 Eagle single shot p/a.  It's great fun for CQB.   Gas and spring days are a real blast too.  

• Supporters
51 minutes ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

I've played several games with my £10 Eagle single shot p/a.  It's great fun for CQB.   Gas and spring days are a real blast too.  

Exactly this , hence if I do hear someone saying a gun isn't scurmishable I think odds are it’s the player NOT the gun that’s the real problem in the equation. 😉

On 18/02/2022 at 12:32, Druid799 said:

I’d say no the problems with them not the gun , why I’ve always said Bollox there no good for scurmishing when I’ve ever come across this topic  . My take on the argument has always been there’s no guns that can’t be scurmished , there’s just LOTS of players that cant scurmish with them ! I’ve seen players running 20🦑 springer shotties with just the one 25bb magazine and thoroughly enjoy the day ! 

I agree to some extent, but depends on site and cover, and who you are against. 

I often see rentals struggling with crappy rentals in woodland as they can't get close enough to the enemy before the players with more range take them out.  Again you could argue they aren't using cover effectively, but it's the moving between cover that causes the issues as they cant put down effective suppressing fire. 

CQB is of course a different kettle of fish. 

• Supporters
5 hours ago, MagpieTactical said:

I agree to some extent, but depends on site and cover, and who you are against. 

I often see rentals struggling with crappy rentals in woodland as they can't get close enough to the enemy before the players with more range take them out.  Again you could argue they aren't using cover effectively, but it's the moving between cover that causes the issues as they cant put down effective suppressing fire. 

CQB is of course a different kettle of fish. 

Bit of the same outlook to your point my self , I do agree quite often rental players will suffer due to the condition of the guns BUT as equally important to their inability to compete against players with their own guns is the zero experience they have of tactical sports so their on to a looser from the get go . Im talking about the player who knows their way around the sport and have their own kit , there the ones I say don’t blame the guns blame your self for choosing a gun you haven’t the skill or mindset to skirmish successfully with . 👍

My TM 1911a1 can easily clear a mag or two between gassing.  Its stock though, plastic slides are less gas heavy.  So I wouldn't write them off.  Ran mine in last in December just gone at finmere, was uncomfortably cold.

Also

Used to regularly use a stock TM 1911 at Ambush. Cold days it had would run out before bb’s did but it’s a back up and was otherwise completely reliable. 6-8 shots and mag change, it works for the real one so hey that’s what extra mags are for!

I have, from time to time, played as rental player despite having my own kit. I like to check a site out that way. 

I have met some very good “rental” players. Either a natural aptitude (it’s not rocket science) or better fitness - cough- than walk ons. 😉

Always enjoyed the TM 1911. Just a classic, easy to manipulate and dam fun to use. I always found it comfy in the hand 😋 compared to a double stacker.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 TM 1911 types (one an MEU and one a M45A1) both are fully skirmishable in my opinion.

I have never had a problem clearing a mag, but despite all the fear mongers I’m happy to put red/black gas in a Marui when it gets cold enough. As long as you are only using higher power gasses to offset the low temperature there is no more wear on the gun using black gas on a very cold day as green gas in the summer. I’m also fairly sanguine if i do break a plastic slide as its just a good excuse to buy a fancy CNC one.

43 minutes ago, Cyberlawyer said:

I have 2 TM 1911 types (one an MEU and one a M45A1) both are fully skirmishable in my opinion.

I have never had a problem clearing a mag, but despite all the fear mongers I’m happy to put red/black gas in a Marui when it gets cold enough. As long as you are only using higher power gasses to offset the low temperature there is no more wear on the gun using black gas on a very cold day as green gas in the summer. I’m also fairly sanguine if i do break a plastic slide as its just a good excuse to buy a fancy CNC one.

I believe a custom metal slide from one of the better manufacturers can actually be run on the original TM plastic frame.

So instead of going to the expense and bother of buying and fitting a metal slide and frame to the 1911, you can simply buy the slide and fit that to the stock frame.

1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

Since TM hi capa and 1911 slides are interchangeable, does that mean the 1911 suffers the same problem of the slide lock chewing up part of the plastic slide that is a well known weakness of the hi capa?

The slide stops are not interchangable as they are slightly different and a 1911 mag follower won't engage s hi capa slide lock. Slides get chewed up because the user is either using over powered gas or a stiffer recoil spring or both. Guid for using a TM pistol use the recommended gas and leave them alone.

Edited by BigStew

Can’t say I have ever noticed a problem with my slide getting chewed up in either of my 1911s, but I have quite a few pistols that I cycle between depending on what I’m doing/how I feel so maybe mine get less use that some.

I have never used the Marui recommended duster gas, always green gas or higher (but only when its cold rather than to boost performance).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.