Best 416 RIF out there - People's opinions

AngelusKarl77

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

Thinking of upgrading my collection with a 416... out of the variations and manufacturers out there which are recommendations or favourites of you folks?

Cheers

15 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

GBLS DAS 416

Either this or a Marui MWS in a 416 conversion kit (https://www.haoptwart.com/product-page/hao-s-416-cag-conversion-kit-for-marui-mws)

Both will set you back about £1500, but are probably the best you can get from either a gas or AEG platform.

Otherwise the Marui 416 NGRS is a good platform for around the £500 mark.

• Supporters

Another 👍 for the TM NGRS 416 , always puts a serious grin on my face when I use mine .

+1 for TM NGRS 416. 

I'm hoping to use mine next month for my first skirm in about 3 years 

On 16/08/2021 at 22:59, BigStew said:

what features are you after? AEG, recoil, GBBR?

Open to any if I'm honest, never had a GBBR before but not against it.

On 19/08/2021 at 19:20, Davegolf said:

Depends if you want one to look at or one to to the business!

thats a very good point, obviously looks do matter after all it is airsoft.... hehe but it does help if the think works too 

On 17/08/2021 at 15:39, Cyberlawyer said:

Either this or a Marui MWS in a 416 conversion kit (https://www.haoptwart.com/product-page/hao-s-416-cag-conversion-kit-for-marui-mws)

Both will set you back about £1500, but are probably the best you can get from either a gas or AEG platform.

Otherwise the Marui 416 NGRS is a good platform for around the £500 mark.

I do dislike the battery system for the TM NGRS tbh, plus then there's the lower FPS so would have to upgrade parts n change the battery connectors... then if that has to happen I could get something cheaper and make it work better too... First world problems eh

2 hours ago, AngelusKarl77 said:

Open to any if I'm honest, never had a GBBR before but not against it.

thats a very good point, obviously looks do matter after all it is airsoft.... hehe but it does help if the think works too 

I do dislike the battery system for the TM NGRS tbh, plus then there's the lower FPS so would have to upgrade parts n change the battery connectors... then if that has to happen I could get something cheaper and make it work better too... First world problems eh

what battery system? only 416C has in mag batteries. No you do not have to up grade a TM gun. the whole point is that they are well designed with high quality control that just work out the box and  perform better than other guns. So question still stands what do you want the gun to do? Also whats your budget whats your technical skill? 

Edited by BigStew

IMO the TM 416 is the best OOTB one you’ll get, the ‘low’ FPS is not a problem, if you compare it to any other 416 in stock form it will have a longer effective range than any other despite its low FPS.

For a Delta or Devgru variant the only actual mod you need to do is wire it to deans so you can use quality LiPo’s.

Its also the best for immersion/realism without the drawbacks of GBBR. (recoil, bolt lock)

It has great externals, controls, the best hop unit of all the NGRS series and the magazines are quality and inexpensive.

Its cheap to run, holds its value and has a great upgrade path for the future.

Best

Dave

American so must use M4 😂

The 416 in RS is overgassed for utmost reliability, and as such shoots a little harder in the shoulder and throws up a bit more stink, Americans love talking about DI gas 😴

Im sure it has a lot to do with cost and 'made in America' more than the guns performance itself.

For the money and best all-rounder, I'd say any of the TM NGRS 416s. I've got the Delta variant and it's a fantastic gun; it's my better fallback gun now, since I almost exclusively play sniper now, but it's reliable and performs really well all year round. Plus you can get that realism aspect if you want, as it will stop firing when the mags are empty and you need to hit the bolt release when you reload from empty, plus the mags can be set to 30rd capacity for the added realism.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.