The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

Last weekend we took part to the National Finals...

A 26h nonstop game that lasted from 8 AM on Saturday to 10 AM on Sunday. 1200-1700m above sea level elevation.

Overall performance wasn't the best but we didn't really care, we went for the experience, in any case we ended up 15th out of the 20 strongest teams in country..

Few things learned (kinda, some I already knew):

- the right clothing is crucial to not end up like a popsicle, in particular it got VERY cold Saturday night/early Sunday morning with temperatures just above 0°. I had packed a puffy jacket just in case and it turned out to be a lifesaver during pauses from marching/playing. Started with just my combat shirt on, added my thermal baselayer and windshirt at dusk and kept it this way throughout the night. A beanie was used too, whereas my gloves stayed in the backpack at all times.

- thermal sights are OP, in fact combat objectives went so much better at night than during the day.. NV would have been nice in some instances, but we made do without.

- I need a lighter poncho, the one I have is so heavy I left it in the car (took the gore-tex shell instead), on Saturday morning we had rain so heavy it felt like I had jumped in a pool in full kit :D luckily it was windy too, so I dried up pretty quickly..

- with these temperatures I only drank 3 litres of water in total.

- Proper boots do make the difference, I don't think I would have been able to get to the end with my old Crispis... The new La Sportivas are much lighter, much softer on road/paths and definitely more breathable.

- I barely ate anything, just one energy bar and some dried fruit along with a hot dog at our own objective (sort of a one-use safe space)..

- New backpack is awesome, it's the right size for these events (15 litres) while being mega comfortable.

We still have plenty of room for improvement, should we qualify next time we'll try to be more motivated and more prepared, both physically and mentally.