That Age Old Question....

ChrisG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Which pistol?

I'm leaning towards a hi-capa 5.1 or a glock. In the TM brand. But I don't know which to go for... plus with the amount of glocks out... 🤔🙄 I know it's a million time question. 

• Supporters

Depends on what you want from it.

If you want something that sends plastic downrange with maximum accuracy and reliability then a tm hi-capa with a few choice parts will fit the bill.

But if its just going to be a holster filler with occasional pot shots then why not go for something a bit different?

Sidearms are entirely down to the shooter's preference in airsoft. While it's not always possible (especially at the moment) I always suggest that people handle as many different pistols as possible prior to purchasing to try find one that is comfortable in your grip.

I know @rocketdogbert is a big proponent for the TM FNX45 and considers it to be the best out of the box gun on the market (at least if memory serves regarding his previous posts).

My main go to is the TM Sig P226e2 and my TM 1911 Series '70 but this is partly due to my M&P9L being out of action as I'm waiting on a replacement part.

All 4 of pistols are TM. They all have I-Tensioners. 

My favourite is my first, TM Strike Warrior. 1911 lower with Hicapa Frame and Detonics slide. The BEST stock trigger action on a TM by a mile.

The Hi Cappas are both solid performers especially with gas capacity. 

My M9 has been a disappointment and the hop is very unreliable.  

3 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

I know @rocketdogbert is a big proponent for the TM FNX45 and considers it to be the best out of the box gun on the market (at least if memory serves regarding his previous posts)

😂😂😂😂

it’s true, I do. It’s the only gun I’ve ever owned that I haven’t needed to make any performance mods to at all.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a massive fan of Glocks, they’re rugged and reliable, but not a patch performance wise on the TM FNX.45

The only Hi-Capa that comes close is the Gold Match, but it’s a blingy race-pistol and nowhere near as robust.

Of course, if you like fiddling with your pistol, don’t buy the FNX as you’ll have nothing to do, and pretty much any other pistol can be made to perform as well if you chuck money at it (MK23 comes to mind) but out of the box performance is what we are talking about, not modified.

rdb

If you go for a glock, pick the gen 3 G19, TM took an already awesome pistol and made it better :)

if you like shiny purple/gold stuff then a 5.1 :P

in both cases you'll have a great pistol out of the box that'll serve you for years and it'll run no matter what temperature/weather condition you play in.

I always preferred the 4.3 when I did capas and fit a 5.1 barrel. Preferred the performance  of a lighter slide. Also modded them to fit serpas. Tbf any of the 1911-2011 type guns have the optimal triggers compared to anything else. 

14117712_829352463831147_7791318563758697299_n.jpg

11 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

😂😂😂😂

it’s true, I do. It’s the only gun I’ve ever owned that I haven’t needed to make any performance mods to at all.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a massive fan of Glocks, they’re rugged and reliable, but not a patch performance wise on the TM FNX.45

The only Hi-Capa that comes close is the Gold Match, but it’s a blingy race-pistol and nowhere near as robust.

Of course, if you like fiddling with your pistol, don’t buy the FNX as you’ll have nothing to do, and pretty much any other pistol can be made to perform as well if you chuck money at it (MK23 comes to mind) but out of the box performance is what we are talking about, not modified.

rdb

Tell me more 😃😃

43 minutes ago, ChrisG said:

Tell me more 😃😃

Nothing much more to say really.

The I out valve is deep, so you have to use gas cans with a  long nozzle (WE or Nuprol  work very well). 
There are no upgrade parts and almost no spare parts available yet, so don’t break it.

Why every skirmisher hasn’t bought one yet is beyond me. I only know of one person who didn’t like them, and he’s a weirdo, aren’t you @sonofsammo 😂😂

25 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Nothing much more to say really.

The I out valve is deep, so you have to use gas cans with a  long nozzle (WE or Nuprol  work very well). 
There are no upgrade parts and almost no spare parts available yet, so don’t break it.

Why every skirmisher hasn’t bought one yet is beyond me. I only know of one person who didn’t like them, and he’s a weirdo, aren’t you @sonofsammo 😂😂

Good range? Is it only in tan? Hard to find black 😔. Good gas usage?

55 minutes ago, ChrisG said:

Good range? Is it only in tan? Hard to find black 😔. Good gas usage?

Unless you let me dye it, or you buy mine, they are only available in Tan from TM, Range up to 80m on 0.4’s, around 3.5 mags per gas fill

B25EB0A9-714A-4DDB-9CFD-AE7A1E5076A7.jpeg

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

I guess I am.
But

I prefer HK ergonomics, especially the mag release.

Unless you let me dye it, or you buy mine, they are only available in Tan from TM, Range up to 80m on 0.4’s, around 3.5 mags per gas fill

Now I'm even more torn. This, 5.1 or a glock. Sigh

Is there a decent holster available?

4 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Because it’s a bit of an uggo, and every one knows, airsoft is a fashion parade! 😂

• Supporters
4 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

because it's not a makarov? :P

I don't like the fnx either. My HK45 tactical and uspc do a fine job without being ugliest pistol on the field :D. Not sure why using 0.4 is really necessary in a pistol. I find 0.28 a nice sweet spot for the range, getting there quickly, accurately and with enough punch. Especially if it's stock you'd have time to check your watch before getting out the way. 

11 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

pdi barrel and a maple leaf autobot, counter sniper gun :P

Just like my G17.

Sends those 0.3s directly to New Zealand from here.

38 minutes ago, heroshark said:

I don't like the fnx either. My HK45 tactical and uspc do a fine job without being ugliest pistol on the field :D. Not sure why using 0.4 is really necessary in a pistol. I find 0.28 a nice sweet spot for the range, getting there quickly, accurately and with enough punch. Especially if it's stock you'd have time to check your watch before getting out the way. 

300 fps, so about 100m a second barrel exit speed, drop to half that for average, so yeah about 1.8 secs lol. But it does get there 😂😂

• Supporters
1 hour ago, heroshark said:

I used to run .48's in the makarov but dropped to .32's.

The main reason is whilst the range and accuracy was hilarious, it was well beyond the point where the main limiting factor was my skill as a shooter.

Also it was getting a bit boring viewing loading nozzles as disposable parts.

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

300 fps, so about 100m a second barrel exit speed, drop to half that for average, so yeah about 1.8 secs lol. But it does get there 😂😂

Should see my 8mm derringer. Fixed hop and over hops everything apart from 0.4g . like a little blue cloud floating along.

Archived