Cerakote questions

Wo1f
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m looking to Cerakote a receiver and some other bits for a project, but I’ve got a couple of questions. First off, any company recommendations? Preferably in the north west.

is there a way to preserve some existing markings on the receiver?

whats the best way of remarking a cerakoted receiver with new markings?

thanks

Never had anything Cerakoted myself but a bit of digging around turned up a similar thread on a more hunting orientated site recommending Osprey Rifles in Oldham, might be worth giving them a ring?

On 26/03/2019 at 17:55, Wo1f said:

I’m looking to Cerakote a receiver and some other bits for a project, but I’ve got a couple of questions. First off, any company recommendations? Preferably in the north west.

is there a way to preserve some existing markings on the receiver?

whats the best way of remarking a cerakoted receiver with new markings?

thanks

I'm not sure if they do it mate, but perhaps you can get a clear coat Cerakote? 

You'd be able to preserve your markings that way, but obviously wouldn't be any good if you wanted a colour change! 

1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

FMJ have a website as well which is listed on the facebook page or for the really lazy LINK

Thanks. I don't have Facebook and some links like this just take me to the sign up page. It was really lazy for me not to Google it though

3 hours ago, Resistor170 said:

Thanks. I don't have Facebook and some links like this just take me to the sign up page. It was really lazy for me not to Google it though

You can usually by pass the sign up by clicking back and then going back on the link. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t 👍

21 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

You can usually by pass the sign up by clicking back and then going back on the link. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t 👍

Thanks for that advice, I did actually try twice on this one and it didn't work. Some pages I can view fine though 🤔

Out of curiosity can plastic be cerakoted? A TM pistol has caught my eye but the stock colour makes me want to vomit :(

Also, what was the feedback on the markings side? Can they be saved or are they a write off?

3 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Out of curiosity can plastic be cerakoted? A TM pistol has caught my eye but the stock colour makes me want to vomit :(

Also, what was the feedback on the markings side? Can they be saved or are they a write off?

most plastics, no problem

@rocketdogbert Cheers for the heads up, now gives me a further point of consideration for my next pistol. I fancy the TM M45A1 but I can't stand the tan/desert colouration.

You cant retain any painted on or laser etched trades, the surface preparation for Cerakoting entails media blasting to give a bare substrate with a uniform key for adhesion. Any engraved markings etc are fine, the coating is microns thick (thin if your into Apple marketing)

@Davegolf from what I can see in images on Google they all appear to be engraved on the slide of the TM M45A1 so I think it should be ok. At least if I go down that road, as mentioned there are a couple competing for my attention.

And apologies for diverting attention away from the OP.

Quite alright, I think I know what I’m gonna do.

Archived