Brands that don't often get a mention

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I don't often see posts about King's Arms, Nuprol Delta, Valken or Bolt. Even Classic Army doesn't get mentioned much.

Why are they not so popular? Some of them are expensive, which suggests they are of a decent standard.   

In most posts about M4s the same brands seem to come up almost automatically: ICS,  VFC,  Krytac,  G&G, TM,  Ares Amoebas, etc

• Supporters

Probably because the brands that do get mentioned have been tested over years by countless airsofters to show that they're durable, shoot well and are well priced for what you get.

You could buy something that might be okay, or you could buy something that you know will perform well. 

Nuprol AEG’s are crap. King arms and classic army were the big companies when the market wasn’t so saturated. King arms stuff is actually really nice. I just think the likes of G&G and ICS keep making more and more new lines/Series, where as king arms might make the odd new model every now and then. 

• Supporters

Plus g&g and ics make decent starter level guns and that's what usually gets asked about most. 

• Supporters

Plus Airsoft brands are just like any other product , you have your ‘fashionable’ Flavour of the month ones , you have your ‘ooh all the tacticool kids use it so I must have it !’ ones  , and then you have the reliable ones that just keep plodding along making plain Jane bomb proof ones ! ;)

• Supporters

Price, stock availability, personal experiences/reviews etc.....

UK - G&G's are very popular and on the whole the prices are pretty good

(see GunFire's pricing of G&G's, we do OK in UK for G&G's)

A retailer will know that "everybody has one" Combat Machine will sell

An ARX160, R85, Galil, SCAR may not ship asap

and likely carry a higher price than CM16 or Cyma AK or JG G36c etc....

So retailers will stock what stuff shifts easily - supply & demand etc....

Straight forward stuff sells, easy/cheap to service/maintain/upgrade/parts to hand

Maybe also coz we get asked what to buy & we usually go with the "safer bets/choices"

Stuff that doesn't cost the earth for new players, should work ok for a while and last a bit

Some stuff is seriously overpriced/over rated and most will tell you the truths

No dressing stuff up, no sponsorship on here - if we think something is $hit we will say it

And at the end of the day - they are just poxy toy guns for big kids

KJW: bought myself a Glock 27, really tidy pistol do far. 

• Supporters

Mate......oh, mate. Wait until you can afford the good stuff.

It's good compared to a lot of the other cheap Chinese crap, granted but it's really not THAT good.

• Supporters

They used to make them with mesh. I agree that the looks of the new ones are....different.

To be fair, the cost/benefit thing I was driving at was more the quality of their other stuff rather than the masks specifically. I know we're getting into the realms of gear whoring now though so I'll say this for clarity - NOBODY has to spend more than they want to on their kit. All I'm saying is that while One Tigris is good value for money, compared with even some of the lower end "genuine" gear (the likes of Warrior Assault Systems etc) it really is pish.

• Supporters

Nowt wrong wi' Hi-Tecs. I had pair after pair of their old hi tops back in the day. And a pair of Silver Shadows that lasted FOREVER!

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, steakandpotato said:

Someone really needs to explain Nuprol to me. From what I understood, they're just a rebranded WE - And people like WE but dislike Nuprol. Help

Nuprol is mostly if not all rebranded stuff. Mostly WE but not all. There's a lot of hate for Nuprol in these here parts because they royally screwed up on their initial forays into branding other people stuff (BBs mainly) and for being less than transparent about just putting their name on other peoples stuff.

Not everything WE makes is good though...

8 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Not everything WE makes is good though...

The WE Katana "system" **shudders**

It put me off of WE for life. 

Archived