THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

On 29/09/2024 at 12:39, SSPKali said:

First thing I would check is pull the bolt and charging handle out and check it and the inner of the receiver for sticking points, burrs and that it is suitably lubricated.

While it is apart check the action of the “hammer” and sears that they move and reset smoothly. Some GT85 or similar aerosol teflon spray will help loosen things up. 
Then check how high the mag is sitting and if the mag gas router is catching on the underside of the nozzle or the bolt carrier.

Thanks for this mate, 

Done all these checks and everything seemed ok...until I went to test it out.

Clip attached because I'm still at a loss.

Check your nozzle loading arm isn’t bent and try under filling your mags.

Load them up to max then nock a few out, see if that helps.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I'm pretty sure it's the nozzle loading arm. The last time this happened though I had gas venting from the magazine. This time the bolt just doesn't travel forward as it should.

IMG_20241001_174112.jpg

IMG_20241001_174121.jpg

IMG_20241001_174134.jpg

12 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Yep that will be it.

Heat it up a little and bend it back into shape, should get it working again.

Should it be bent slightly upwards or completely straight?

7 hours ago, DrFumbles said:

Should it be bent slightly upwards or completely straight?

Straight as you can mate.

Jumping on this bandwagon with a noveske (I know technically it's no an mws lol) but boy do I love it.

Upgraded the recoil buffer spring to a 120%, 130% nozzle return spring, g&p Ali buffer with one weight and a 50° flamingo bucking. Oh, don't forget the 3d printed flat hop nub! 😂 Ranging around the 65m mark nicely. Not that I play outdoors much but these things are a work of art.

x7E1eGq.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Is the SIXG and stock bucking still the GOAT or has it been knocked off the top spot?. 

I understand the SixG has been recommended all the time, but at the same time, it's been years since it had first  came out. 

I found it didn't hop heavy enough BBs in my mk12 build, so I've moved over to Jaeger Precision Titan nub and a Flamingo hop rubber. That combination seems to work really well for me and outperforms the sixG + stock bucking setup at least in my MWSs.