THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Posted (edited)

I just a ttesed using my sons maple leaf hi-capa barrel and MR bucking can't freely move like mercon one :(

I don't really have many options for 7 inch barrels so I guesss I would have to use a differnt bucking that is compatible.

Cheers.

Edited by GothicGhost

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I have a curious topic for whoever might be interested to help me, here is a bit of context:

Quick and simple, my laylax hop arm was getting stuck, I could increase hop, but it wouldn't decrease, the arm would be stuck in whatever highest position it was left.

Here is the kicker, I disassembled everything, and put back the barrel, tested the movement everything looked good, as soon as I thighed the barrel nut, the hop arm would get stuck again; well I though maybe is the laylax hop arm, so I tried the Wii arm, same problem...

Well turns out that it is the barrel? I have a z parts steel outer barrel, I switched it with the original barrel and everything is working good, but the zparts barrel seems to be locking my hop arms as soon as I tighten the barrel nut 😕

Further note:

Also, the hop arm still moves, it just doesn't drop freely, you have to manually push it down & up.

It also doesn't appear to be applying force against the sides of the receiver (which might have been preventing it from moving down), I put some cardboard on the sides (of the hop arm) while tighting and then removed the cardboard and the problem still persists.

I also don't think I am over tighing the barrel nut since I am doing it by hand, and I am just applying enough force to be sure that the barrel is not going to move or fall. I have noticed that if I slowly thigh the barrel nut, the capacity for the hop arm to move down by itself is reduced bit by bit.

The hop up adjuster is also not influencing since I removed it for testing.

Any ideias on why this might be happening? Is there a fix?

Measure stuff, with a vernier, compare to the original TM parts, correct/match the aftermarket parts.

On 16/07/2024 at 00:34, red_elephant said:

Hello everyone, I have a curious topic for whoever might be interested to help me, here is a bit of context:

Quick and simple, my laylax hop arm was getting stuck, I could increase hop, but it wouldn't decrease, the arm would be stuck in whatever highest position it was left.

Here is the kicker, I disassembled everything, and put back the barrel, tested the movement everything looked good, as soon as I thighed the barrel nut, the hop arm would get stuck again; well I though maybe is the laylax hop arm, so I tried the Wii arm, same problem...

Well turns out that it is the barrel? I have a z parts steel outer barrel, I switched it with the original barrel and everything is working good, but the zparts barrel seems to be locking my hop arms as soon as I tighten the barrel nut 😕

Further note:

Also, the hop arm still moves, it just doesn't drop freely, you have to manually push it down & up.

It also doesn't appear to be applying force against the sides of the receiver (which might have been preventing it from moving down), I put some cardboard on the sides (of the hop arm) while tighting and then removed the cardboard and the problem still persists.

I also don't think I am over tighing the barrel nut since I am doing it by hand, and I am just applying enough force to be sure that the barrel is not going to move or fall. I have noticed that if I slowly thigh the barrel nut, the capacity for the hop arm to move down by itself is reduced bit by bit.

The hop up adjuster is also not influencing since I removed it for testing.

Any ideias on why this might be happening? Is there a fix?

I have had the same issue with a stock set up and Laylax arm. Using card board as a temporary shim to keep it central during barrel nut tightening is a great idea.

Mine was resolved by twisting the barrel a fraction off centre then tightening up the barrel nut. You don’t need to crank down on it, just use some Blue Loctite 👍

My set up also had some side-to-side play on the arm but a 0.1mm AEG gear box shim either side eliminated that and still let it adjust smoothly. One less factor to influence trajectory.

Having fielded my MWS at the great RIFT Airsoft REDCON-2 site at the weekend I found that the old TM hop rubber was on its way out and my GunsModify nozzle damaged (probably from a shattered tracer BB earlier in the year) and this led to a couple of gas dumps at in opportune moments 😂 I also noticed some drift to the left beyond 40m. By 60m it was missing the torso sized target without some serious aiming off!

I fitted a Maple Leaf bucking which gave a better air seal so dropped in the spare AG v2 nozzle and NPAS to offset the now very spicy FPS. I have some more GM and G&P nozzles if needed but the RATech NPAS are such a pain to adjust and not that consistent. Once cooler weather is here I’ll go back to the GM fixed set up.

To keep the hop perfectly vertical I added a 0.1mm AEG shim to the outside left of the hop unit, between it and the outer barrel / brass collar. This stopped it rotating a fraction when snugging the barrel nut up. Now I just need to get to a range with 60m+ but it certainly looks perfectly level.

Tested all my mags and FPS was 278 - 292 over the 7 mags, with each mag within +/-2fps on 3 shot of 0.28g Warhead BBs

Mag #5 was the spiciest so marked that one and will chrono using it 👍

IMG_1005.jpeg

Edited by SSPKali
Forgot photo!

On 18/05/2024 at 23:31, GothicGhost said:

Magpul bits arrived, I just need to buy the OD stock and trigger guard next 😁561324658_PXL_20240517_1903039072.thumb.jpg.055b434a8b261fe786d904a5889c13ee.jpg

Looking good!  I like the old school OD green Magpul vibe. I built a fair amount of ARs like this back in the day. Mostly 5.56 and a few AEGs for airsoft, when you had to do a bit of 'encouraging'  to get the genuine parts to fit. 

I'm in Japan now so the time has come to join the MWS club. Mostly real gear apart from the charging handle and the can.

I have built a lot of firearms but am still a bit of a noob when it comes to airsoft and so, upon seeing this wonderful thread, I binge-read a good seventy five percent of the posts while in anticipation for getting my first proper GBB rifle.

Because of this, I feel like I am very well prepared to put this beast together and would like to give a big thanks to Wo1f and all the regular contributors here for all of your knowledge and advice and, by way of reciprocity, should anyone wish to know what's going on in the scene in Japan or have questions about parts and procurement etc. then please send a message. When I am off base and not lumping things around in the heat I will do my best to answer promptly.

image.jpeg

Edited by O3Tactical
credits and corrections

Howdy folks :), 

I've bought the HPA adapter for the MWS, what uprades would you guys recomend for the platform or should it be fine as is for the most part? I only really do CQB so I don't need it to shoot the other side of the a forest. 

On 24/07/2024 at 21:34, SSPKali said:

Having fielded my MWS at the great RIFT Airsoft REDCON-2 site at the weekend I found that the old TM hop rubber was on its way out and my GunsModify nozzle damaged (probably from a shattered tracer BB earlier in the year) and this led to a couple of gas dumps at in opportune moments 😂 I also noticed some drift to the left beyond 40m. By 60m it was missing the torso sized target without some serious aiming off!

I fitted a Maple Leaf bucking which gave a better air seal so dropped in the spare AG v2 nozzle and NPAS to offset the now very spicy FPS. I have some more GM and G&P nozzles if needed but the RATech NPAS are such a pain to adjust and not that consistent. Once cooler weather is here I’ll go back to the GM fixed set up.

To keep the hop perfectly vertical I added a 0.1mm AEG shim to the outside left of the hop unit, between it and the outer barrel / brass collar. This stopped it rotating a fraction when snugging the barrel nut up. Now I just need to get to a range with 60m+ but it certainly looks perfectly level.

Tested all my mags and FPS was 278 - 292 over the 7 mags, with each mag within +/-2fps on 3 shot of 0.28g Warhead BBs

Mag #5 was the spiciest so marked that one and will chrono using it 👍

IMG_1005.jpeg

Brings back memories when I foolishly used Nuprol bbs in my MWS and they shattered and royally screwed up the MWS! I should have sent Nuprol a bill for repairs ! That reminds me I need to check the rubber as I’ve not used the MWS for over 13 months. I know I know.  Bad bad MWS owner 😂😂

On 01/08/2024 at 08:29, MorganL said:

Howdy folks :), 

I've bought the HPA adapter for the MWS, what uprades would you guys recomend for the platform or should it be fine as is for the most part? I only really do CQB so I don't need it to shoot the other side of the a forest. 

HPA’ing a MWS? Good lord man! Wash you mouth out with soap young man! Failing that a swig or two of whiskey! 

With some modification (cut a flat, file round circumference) the AngryGun NPAS can fit the much better quality GM or TM nozzles.

FPS consistency was much better than the RATech or G&P NPAS, looking +/-2 fps with 0.32g BBs and ASG gas.

Shame you can’t buy them with out the nozzle (although the v2 ones seem better quality plastic)

Hello everyone,

I had my first game here in UK the other day with my noveske mws. Sadly limit was 300fps on the site and because of my first 3 shots was 307-305-302 and rest below 300 but still they didn't let me play with my rifle.

Has anyone experienced such a thing any advice on that how can I control my first couple of shots fps?

Edited by Ulmocuk

Yeah, take it to the range and fire off a load of bb's before you crono, my guns rarely get used so the springs are pretty tight for at least a hicap mag worth, for GBBR's you can fit an Npas so you can adjust the gas flowing forward or back.

First time using my MWS in anger this weekend, with the DE as a back up.

MWS worked great, until the end of the day when it wouldn't cycle on semi. Opened it up, everything looked ok, and then it worked about 95% of the time, so maybe a clean of the trigger box is in order.

The DE worked ok, but again wouldn't cycle every so often. Most annoyingly, i fired off 10 rounds to test, worked fine. 30 seconds later, get the drop on someone, aim and *click*, nothing. Go to respawn and low and behold, it worked perfectly again. I think it might need some shimming in the magwell.

3 hours ago, ButcherBill said:

Yeah, take it to the range and fire off a load of bb's before you crono, my guns rarely get used so the springs are pretty tight for at least a hicap mag worth, for GBBR's you can fit an Npas so you can adjust the gas flowing forward or back.

which Npas would you recommend for this?

I have found this one: https://jaegerprecision.co.uk/shop/p/jaeger-precision-mws-npas-adjustable-valve

21 hours ago, Ulmocuk said:

which Npas would you recommend for this?

I have found this one: https://jaegerprecision.co.uk/shop/p/jaeger-precision-mws-npas-adjustable-valve

That's a copy of the FEDA valve from Federal Concepts. I've got the FEDA fitted to my Noveske (GM nozzle) and it's absolutely spot on.

14 hours ago, Mad dog 49 said:

That's a copy of the FEDA valve from Federal Concepts. I've got the FEDA fitted to my Noveske (GM nozzle) and it's absolutely spot on.

FEDA is only available on EU market. I will order from Jaeger if 1/1 copy.

thanks for your help mate

12 hours ago, Ulmocuk said:

FEDA is only available on EU market. I will order from Jaeger if 1/1 copy.

thanks for your help mate

I'm in the UK and got a Federal Concepts FEDA direct from them. It came from Portugal, but it came. If you are in the US, there is a stockist there too, I just can't remember the name.

Edited by Mad dog 49

Sweet GothicGhost.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Some internal/external modifications since my last game with the previous version.

Internal:
I put a thicknes of resin on the aluminum nub of the hop up chamber PH+ because at the begining, to get an hop up effect you need to put the setting at the middle of the range. So with one millimeter thickness more i have full range of hop up setting. I replaced the TM bolt carrier + NPAS Angry gun by a G&P gold bolt carrier + guns modify nozzle + NPAS Feda. I also replaced the TM trigger box by a G&P steel trigger box by EMG.

External:

Removed parts: silencer warden by Angry gun, sight set magpul mbus 3, outer barrel extension dytac 10,5inch and the copy of leap01 1,57" rise.

New parts: silencer no name 38mm x 185mm with balystik silencer spacers, outer barrel extension dytac 6inch, scalarworks leap01 mount 1,93" rise and a copy of Griffin sight set by PTS that is the only option I have to put the flash light at 45° and in front of the handguard.

Edited by zizivert

I picked up a can of the new ASG Orange (164psi) gas to test yesterday. I have been running my MWS on the ASG beige gas for ever and just bought 6 more cans from Firesupport 😁

Testing was done in 20degC, averaged over 10 shots, with my MWS, mag #1 and 0.32g BBs. YMMV… in fact I am sure it will! This info is only an indication or relative output.

ASG beige:          261fps

ASG Orange:       267fps

They also do the green (135psi) and red (178psi) versions to drop or increase the power. I would GUESS around 220fps / 290fps….will confirm if I get to test any!

Edited by SSPKali