Help for Heroes Charity Event

Robert James
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Head Moderator

Yes, I am available and plan going to support the good cause.

• Supporters

I plan on bringing a group along, will be our first time at the mall. 

Anything we should consider for playing CQB rather than our usual woodland?

• Supporters

We don't hang back, like being in the thick of it.

Remind me not to wear the pink camo then. 

Looking forward to putting some faces to names also.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Prisce said:

We don't hang back, like being in the thick of it.

Remind me not to wear the pink camo then. 

Looking forward to putting some faces to names also.

Pink camo would be great, certainly better than what ever pretend soldier crap is in vogue for geardos at the moment.

• Supporters

I heard patrol base have just started a pink camo range, helmet included! 

See i I don't have a huge problem with people dressing in camo, if your playing in woodland, it gives you a little advantage, saying that, some people go way to far and are trying to replicate actual squaddies.. That's too far for me. 

I just have black trousers hoodie and chest rig for the mags for CQB.... Will you be easy to spot ITH?

7 minutes ago, Prisce said:

I just have black trousers hoodie and chest rig for the mags for CQB.... Will you be easy to spot ITH?

Yep, he wears a very distinctive (and strangely unusual) head protection - I'm somewhat envious - I never play with mesh eye pro though.

I don't know why airsoft fencing mask styles are so rare though.

• Supporters

Oh I have met many who use those fencing masks. They look so uncomfortable... But I suppose in CQB it is probably necessity. I have already broken 1 tooth playing airsoft. Hopefully my last. 

I use mesh eye pro, no risk of fogging up. And I trust most people not to use cheap shite BBs.

• Supporters

I'm not entirely sure how to respond to that. 

Im hoping it means you have a little pink tail and a pink snout glued onto your face mask...

I'm praying it's got nothing to do with smell.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Prisce said:

Im hoping it means you have a little pink tail and a pink snout glued onto your face mask...

dont give him ideas!!! haha :lol::lol:

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Prisce said:

Wrong on all counts lol.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I remember when Trigg told me to look out for the Pig, I thought it was really odd that someone would use an enormous M60 Machine Gun at the mall.

But no, walking up the stairs to start the day, I look up and see it. A pig. Literally :)

• Supporters

I have an M60 we could bring along if you really fancy it:D... Not sure you'd want to face me in the mall with it... 

You've got me all intrigued now... I'm going to overplay this is my head until I have come up with every possibility...

The first photo is what I'm hoping for... The second is worst case scenario..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Prisce said:

I have an M60 we could bring along if you really fancy it:D... Not sure you'd want to face me in the mall with it... 

I will gladly face you with it.

How about a wager on kills you can use that and I will use a nerf gun?

• Supporters

I fear I have already lost. I can only think of excuses why it will be difficult to use, and I don't think I'm going to need the ROF in such a small area... This will be our first CQB, so am not entirely sure what to expect. 

• Head Moderator

It will be shooting at close range, sometimes very close, so it does hurts more.  I always wear gloves because the most painful hits are on the finger.  The basement is mainly dark so harder to see where players are, meaning that you will get shot from all angles up close, and disorientated. 

Really liked the Mall. Playing there again Sunday. I second the gloves part. Hand in the air walking back to regen and it seems all the bb's fired down the aisle were attracted to my left hand :)

• Mostly Retired Moderators
12 hours ago, Prisce said:

I can only think of excuses why it will be difficult to use, and I don't think I'm going to need the ROF in such a small area...

Especially at a site that is (predominantly) semi-auto only :);)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived