What have you just 3d printed (for airsoft)

sp00n

On 08/03/2024 at 10:27, mightyjebus said:

Building a load of these impact grenades. It cost's about £1 to make and they work flawlessly. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c5e92e99121fa9a046e360d55d2836b4.jpeg

big shout out to the original designer (FULCRUMAIRSOFT) and the files can be bought here:

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/airsoft-micro-grenade-impact-cap-gun-ring-sound-grenade-meteorite-meteor-lite-e-fulcrumairsoft

Did you use cut down m110 springs? Just wondering if there's a cheaper alternative than buying aeg springs to cut up.

• Supporters
On 08/03/2024 at 10:27, mightyjebus said:

Building a load of these impact grenades. It cost's about £1 to make and they work flawlessly. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c5e92e99121fa9a046e360d55d2836b4.jpeg

big shout out to the original designer (FULCRUMAIRSOFT) and the files can be bought here:

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/airsoft-micro-grenade-impact-cap-gun-ring-sound-grenade-meteorite-meteor-lite-e-fulcrumairsoft

I have literally just printed a few off the twist head standard meteor’s lol, not the cheapest of files but they do seem to work well.

also I printed this muzzle for my saiga

IMG_9570.thumb.jpeg.4b1a2303baa5c6a0670c66b668a3172e.jpeg

19 hours ago, sp00n said:

Too much boom in that, you've cracked the concrete... :D 

22 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

thinking about getting a rail extension for my Scar so I printed a 3D version to see if I like the look.

Looks good! Though I had to do a double take at first. That sling made me briefly think it had a thumbhole stock on it XD

Very Happy I bought the K1 Max. Waiting on trigger, hop unit and mag springs. hopping to have it up and running for some CQB in 2 weeks time. Also going to try and Get a M6C based on a aap-01 printed as well. 

PXL_20240405_230700012.MP.jpg

Edited by BigStew
spelling

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/04/2024 at 18:47, mightyjebus said:

thinking about getting a rail extension for my Scar so I printed a 3D version to see if I like the look.

image.thumb.jpeg.bc807084ebcf0f5a4f87e026056e969c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8d8638787f0dd877a88598e6f8ebf199.jpeg

I never liked the quad rails so I copied the Midwest Industries M-Lok rail

image.jpg

On 14/04/2024 at 21:19, HuttArmouries said:

So a while ago I started to build a hk21e machinegun based on a jg g3 but the gun was a bit screwed and I made a bit of a hash of upgrading it so That rather killed my motivation for working on that. I recently sold off that gun as part of my process of swapping entirely to gbbrs. Having watched a few explosive enterprises vids I decided to give this another go. This time the base gun is a we gbb g3. It came to me with the barrel shortened and Ive just picked up a proper hk21e style clubfoot stock for it. Im planning to model and print most of the bits for it in plastic and then send them off to be done in aluminium when im finished. This is just the first step. 

1 new sight block that just sits on the cocking tube and dosent go down to the barrel. 

2 front handguard cap with a block hidden under it which bolts to the handguard pinhole to keep everything rigid

3 a sleeve to go over the barrel to give it the proper machinegun profile. I have sanded and painted this bit since the proper barrel is tapered and making one of these in metal would be a pain. will probably leave it plastic. It just screws onto the outer barrel nut and gets pinned in place by the flash hider.  

next up is to make the rear handguard cap and order some steel or aluminium tube to make the actual handguard. Ill be building a pinhole into the rear handguard cap where the belt feed mechanism attaches. This would normally be on the reciever instead of the magwell but Im trying to make this in a way which requires as little modification to the base gun as possible. Once the belt feed assembly is made ill be making a box mag to slot onto it, fitting the guts of a 249 box in there, hpa tapping the original mag and drilling a hole in the front for bbs to feed in from a spring tube. Im not really a fan of hpa but for a gbb lmg like this its simply the best option. 

photo_2024-04-14_21-10-11.thumb.jpg.ca4816b0d7da8efa8d232a5a98e142e7.jpg

main-qimg-6308c277963268e0c61682a9b09860

That'll be cool to see. My dad was working on his own using a tm as a base gun. Unfortunately as is to be expected from him it's fallen by the wayside

1 hour ago, PopRocket123 said:

That'll be cool to see. My dad was working on his own using a tm as a base gun. Unfortunately as is to be expected from him it's fallen by the wayside

You posted this just before I was about to put an update on XD.  So originally I was trying to use the original mag and hide it inside the box mag which would have lead to a much larger box mag than reel steel. I was also considering chopping the mag in half and splicing it smaller until @The_Lord_Poncho Made a suggestion that had somehow entirely slipped my mind "3d print one" And so I have designed and printed a new bottom part using the top half of the original we magazine, no modification needed. To be clear this will be sent off to be machined or printed in metal before I use it but I have tested it by pumping it up very slightly with my hpa pump (while wearing safety glasses) and it does infact cycle the gun just fine though it leaks around the bolts even with o rings which a metal version will hopefully fix. Did also have to remove the paddle mag release to get the connector in a good spot. 

photo_3_2024-04-29_22-16-01.thumb.jpg.155166cbf0e45f634ff2cf0c476187e7.jpgphoto_1_2024-04-29_22-16-01.thumb.jpg.a379df0f88abea566ea26ab34ba2b228.jpg

having it this short also opens up an interesting possibility. I think I am going to add onto the bottom of it a dovetail or something similar and while I will make a box mag to use I am also considering a magazine adapter for vietnam style short m4 mags. With the belt feed mechanism and a short length of dummy 7.62 the mag would be barely noticeable and id be able to run the gun without the need for a box mag. Obviously Id need to get myself a supply of vn midcaps which are hard as hell to come across right now but I think this could be a great way to use it. If anyone has any suggestion's for some other 100 or so round midcaps that would be small enough to not be noticeable Id appreciate any ideas.  

Also 3d printed a guide to mark out the holes on the handguard and started drilling and cutting them into some 40mm aluminum pipe. The raised ridges on the handguard will be 3d printed additions and all of the small holes are threaded for m5 bolts so I can swap the ridges out for rail sections and the offset foregrip when I get around to modeling and printing it. 

photo_2_2024-04-29_22-16-01.thumb.jpg.4854c2e47fca2cf960963dc80ed58321.jpg

Edited by HuttArmouries