Opinions?

Mos

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Going to buy a new gun, I was looking at another gun, but my brother saw a better gun for a slightly more expensive price, not bothered though. Anyone got anything to say about this gun? I think it's quite good.

http://www.airsoftworld.net/gc-16-gandg-full-metal-combat-machine-raider-l.html

• Supporters

Going to buy a new gun, I was looking at another gun, but my brother saw a better gun for a slightly more expensive price, not bothered though. Anyone got anything to say about this gun? I think it's quite good.

http://www.airsoftworld.net/gc-16-gandg-full-metal-combat-machine-raider-l.html

What makes you think its better?

What makes you think its better?

it had a 20 meter range increase, and bar that, it looked solid all round.

• Root Admin

You know your can multiquote or edit your posts rather than triple posting :)

60m with a G&G CM-16 that I presume they're testing on .20g? Maybe if you're trying to hit a car sized target. Anyhoo, Airsoft World don't have the best customer service. It's still a GC-16 by the way - internally identical to all the other CG16s really.

In the end though, as has been said multiple times: It's your choice. The ICS and G&G brands at an entry level are going to be largely the same. Go for cosmetics.

• Supporters

it had a 20 meter range increase, and bar that, it looked solid all round.

It also told me the FPS, fire support didn't.

First of all advertising is 99% bullsh*t any half decent Aeg can fling a bb 60 meters but doing it accurately is a different matter all together. Dont believe everything you read.

Secondly Firesupport haven't chucked a magic approximate FPS because they are a real airsoft shop. It will be roughly 320fps like all ICS guns bought in the UK. They will chrono it when sold and put the fps on the paperwork.

Thirdly I am out this is going to go nowhere. Are you over 18 , have you got a defence, have you ever actually played airsoft or are you just wasting peoples time?

First of all advertising is 99% bullsh*t any half decent Aeg can fling a bb 60 meters but doing it accurately is a different matter all together. Dont believe everything you read.

Secondly Firesupport haven't chucked a magic approximate FPS because they are a real airsoft shop. It will be roughly 320fps like all ICS guns bought in the UK. They will chrono it when sold and put the fps on the paperwork.

Thirdly I am out this is going to go nowhere. Are you over 18 , have you got a defence, have you ever actually played airsoft or are you just wasting peoples time?

I'm not 18, yet I have a willing brother, defense no, but two tone is an option. Probably stick with the ICS gun then..

• Supporters

In the end though, as has been said multiple times: It's your choice. The ICS and G&G brands at an entry level are going to be largely the same. Go for cosmetics.

Actually they are not anymore. Ics are not really supporting entry level much any more and seem to be aiming firmly at the upper mid range. You can get some of their older guns for a really good price at the moment. Entry level £150ish G&G are better and I say that even though I have a pathological hatred of G&G.

Alright. Looks like the ICS gun is the one, thanks to all for the help!

Which is true in real life, but i don't think it is necessarily true to airsoft so much. Range is mostly affected by FPS and hop up, barrel length is a minor factor.

Two guns with identical FPS, but different length barrels will mostly shoot the same ranges.

You do not need an 8" gun in CQB any more than you need an 14" gun in woodlands, I have ran my 18" Mk12 indoor cqb and its great, i have ran my 8" G5 outdoors and its great.

The size of the gun dictates your tactics, not its range, yes its easier with a short gun, but a carbine is also perfectly suitable for both indoors and outdoors.

• Supporters

Which is true in real life, but i don't think it is necessarily true to airsoft so much. Range is mostly affected by FPS and hop up, barrel length is a minor factor.

Two guns with identical FPS, but different length barrels will mostly shoot the same ranges.

I'm not sure if you were replying to me but I wanted to categorically avoid saying that shorter barreled weapons are just as accurate and have the same range as longer barreled ones as I had the feeling someone would come along and say "not with gas guns" or something similar :)

Probably my bad for not being clearer.

The biggest issue I find with longer rifles is it's more fiddly to get them in and out of spots quickly as the barrel tends to clip the tree, wall or whatever you are up against. On my HK416 I took the barrel extension off to shorten the outer barrel, downside is very occasionally you are behind fiddly cover where it's nice to rest your barrel on but a shorter barrel can prevent this.

• Supporters

CQB, they can be a huge help. But outdoors, they are mostly for show only. Unless you use those TAG rounds, which are quite expensive. I use an S-Thunder at The Mall in Reading and Combat City in Florida to various effect.

• Supporters

Aww... I wanted to try some out... But I can see why, direct impacts would cause some concern...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.