To give strangers BBs or not

Jedi_Master

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was recently at a skirmish with rental kit and during the last game of the night another rental player on the same coloured team as me ran out of ammo and was askng if anyone had any he could have. There were several responses that I could have made:

1. Yes, I have ammo left, here have some of mine.

2. Yes, but I need it all myself.

3. No, none left either.

4. No.

5. Stay quiet and do not respond.

I took option 5. I did not know this other person, had payed the same money as him for rental, I had conserved my ammo (no bursts of automatic), no idea if he was just trying to get free extra bbs. So what would other forum members have done? Do not want an ethics debate, just interested in how you would deal with the issue of giving away your bbs to a stranger. Had he been a formal team mate or friend I was there with then option 1.

Edit: to clarify, only extra ammo was from the original 2k allowance issued to all of us having rental guns and I had one mag full of bb left. No idea whether would need them myself at the time. Do not believe anyone else offered their ammo either.

Situations^^ If I was renting and given one full high cap at the beginning of the day thou I can't say I'd be overly pleased if someone who knew this would ask to "borrow" (unless maybe if it was a close friend, or we where the last two standing, depending on each other to keep alive).

But I'd say any regular player that buys in 5k bags would be very stingy no to share a few. If I was short on ammo and needed all I have to get thru the day, I'd tell him so.

I once lent about two inch worth from my bottle to someone saying he had in safezone and would refill what he took. He didn't. This annoyed me slightly. Not so much about the BBs - they are cheap - more that he didn't keep to his word. Guess he forgot - again, BBs are cheap!

Think I've lent out batteries for the last two games..

I let a guy refill his mags using my pistol style speedloader because he ran out and didnt have one with him. He had a bottle of bb's and offered to put em back but i told him not to worry. Later on, he saved my bacon and got killed doing so. Beautiful moment. True plastic hero.

Last Wednesday playing I lost all my lives in the last game we played so was walking off at the same time someone else was doing the walk of shame found out he had another life but ran out of ammo so just gave him my gun and a mag so he could continue.

Best bit he was on enemy team and killed my mate with my rifle hahahaha

The guy gave gun back and was really grateful didn't cost anything and made someone else's day easier

• Supporters

There's no need to be running your bank account on empty for the sake of a hobby.

My bank account has recently just gone into the black for the first time since I took up airsoft... and that's because I've been so ill that I have had to seriously consider whether I'll ever get back into the field, so not only have there been no green fees but no new stuff for several months. Now I have a promising Dr. consult coming up, I've just dropped another few hundred quid and I don't actually know for sure whether I will get even one game out of it, let alone return to the sport!

Anyway, yeah I have often lent/given BB's, speed loaders, batteries, connectors/adapters, charger, gas, CO2, tape, tools, meds/1st aid, sweets, biscuits, drinks, melee weapon, mags, spare gun, sling, vertical foregrip, ghillie veil, pyro's, primers, etc. away - partly because I would wish people to treat me the same way (and it has happened - only once for BB's, but nonetheless... I expected to be sniping, but the assault was failing for lack of leadership, so I had to go in to a well defended fort with my pistol and 2 17rnd mags), but more importantly to win - if our side loses a shooter, that gives the enemy an advantage and fuck that!

Regarding Team Fluffy Unicorn, I want actual fluff on the patch!

• Supporters

Well, ok that's your personal choice and if you really want to do things that way then that's entirely up to you, it doesn't affect anyone else so I have no qualm with it. But, imho, when we're discussing these things with people who're new to airsoft (of which this board has many) we should all encourage fiscal responsibility, which is why I said what I said.

• Supporters

Well, ok that's your personal choice and if you really want to do things that way then that's entirely up to you, it doesn't affect anyone else so I have no qualm with it. But, imho, when we're discussing these things with people who're new to airsoft (of which this board has many) we should all encourage fiscal responsibility, which is why I said what I said.

I have two kids fiscal responsibility went out the window a long time ago.

Life is for living money is for spending.

At least thats what the wife tells me when I get in from work.

• Supporters

Absolutely Chris, but let's also be quite clear here: if you had 2 kids, your current income and your current obsession with all things airsoft, they'd be wearing hand-me-downs or converted loadouts and eating beans on toast / egg'n'chips for a treat... as would mine :D so in the grand scheme of things, as others have said, a mag full of BB's, even an AK hi-cap, is bugger all. I seriously doubt that there are many, if any, people who end up asking for BB's because they cannot actually afford the hobby/sport, even if they happen to have no means to pay for them on them right then and there - I know i once had to blag site owners because I'd forgotten to go to the cashpoint and didn't have enough for even the green fees on me - thankfully Steph was prepared to accept that even though i am indeed a pikey at heart, chances were that i would indeed pay up next time.

I'm on the side of the soft hearted charitable nitwits, even after experience to the contrary...

I've often thrown a pistol or nade to someone - if I'm shot out of the last game on a night with no more respawn, I generally give any unused gear to players still in the fight (nades etc)... have even given it to chaps on the opposing team.

Generally this has proven nothing but a positive experience - starts a conversation when they return kit in the safe zone etc. However, recently, my brother did the same - tossed a pistol to a rental he was stuck in a tight corner with, and the chap promptly wrapped it in his jacket and went home with it!

....I still think I'd loan my gear out though. Call me a fool :P.

• Supporters

I've given out stuff before; I still have about 10k .12g bbs from my ol backyard springer days that I only use in my s thunder. I give those out like candy from Krieger's van. In my one airsoft video on my YouTube channel I also give a guy my G17 as his g36 was out of ammo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.