Can anyone help with my new M14 not feeding?

Reece_Spurs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, I'm having problems with my new rifle that came today, it's thisgun exactly from this exact site http://www.justbbguns.co.uk/product/549/2-TONE-GUNS-PRO/462/PAINTED-AEG-RIFLES/3125/GG-M14-AEG-BLUE

Don't worry, I intend to re spray the horrible blue parts :P

My issue is, I unboxed it all today, read the manual etc, loaded the mag, inserted, the guns firing, by dry firing, I've tried multiple things as the manual suggested, like auto firing with no magazine for 5-10 shots, then re inserting, but cannot get the magazine to load bbs.

The manual suggests using 5.94-5.96 bbs from G&G, i assume this is because they want you to buy their own brand, even though the magazine states 6mm, i'm using bulldog bb's, 20g, which i know are high quality.

Just to be sure, i rolled a bb down the barrel and it shot out fine.

I'm almost certain the gun isnt jammed, because I also have an M4, and have jammed that so kinda know the sound of when the gun is jammed and when it's just not feeding.

Had a quick google check but can't find too much, is it possibly the magazine?

Might seem daft, but are you winding the magazines up properly? If you pull the small tab back by where the bb's come out do they eject?

If that's working fine might want to make sure the mags are seating properly, not used the regular M14 but on the EBR they can be a bit tricky to get in sometimes.

Also what bb's are you using?

Oops, missed that bit. To be honest bulldog bb's are crap, try some Blaster/devils 0.25g's.

It's under warranty, if it's new, send it back but good luck if you bought it from justBBripoffs

Might seem daft, but are you winding the magazines up properly? If you pull the small tab back by where the bb's come out do they eject?

If that's working fine might want to make sure the mags are seating properly, not used the regular M14 but on the EBR they can be a bit tricky to get in sometimes.

Also what bb's are you using?

Oops, missed that bit. To be honest bulldog bb's are crap, try some Blaster/devils 0.25g's.

Yeah of course mate, bb's are wound to the top, tried ejecting aswell and they spurt out fine.

Magazines seated properly too, it's a bit trickier thatn an M4 but after 4-5 tries you get the hang of it. There's a very distict click too.

Been usiing bulldogs with my M4 and had no issues, they feel very polished and very smooth, it's not the bb's. As I said, it seems like the magazine isn't feeding for some reason.

It's under warranty, if it's new, send it back but good luck if you bought it from justBBripoffs

Just BB not a good site then? Bought my M4 from there and had no issues tbh. The gun itself seems absolutely fine, got any ideas why the magazine isnt feeding? Could it be the magazine itself?

Too much hop?

Hop chamber misaligned?

Bucking bunched up?

"Bulldog bbs good quality" funniest thing I have heard in ages.

Well i'm not airsoft expert mate, hence why I'm asking for help.

How do I know if there's too much hope? There's no scale on in, I adjusted it slightly one way, but obviously didnt help, seeing as I was shooting it from the box, I assume its been tested beforehand?

How would I know if the hop up chamber is misalligned? As I said, I assume its been tested before being sent?

Bucking bunched up? :P Sorry as I said I'm not at airsoft mate, I know a bit, but not alot. As for the BB's, the bulldog ones seem good quality, assuming they're not from the sarcastic responses i'm getting, could you suggest a better brand? Cheers.

Bulldog BBs are utter dross. Almost definitely the cause of the problem. Some guns fire them fine, but higher quality stuff more than likely wont.

As said though, send it back.

Is the nozzle moving?

My M4 fires them fine, that was a £170 gun, the M14 was £280. Surely they should atleast fire them though or not? Can you reccomend me a brand?

Nozzle doesnt seem to be moving, everything seems sturdy and well build as its fully metal/wood, apart from the top part which is some type of plastic.

As I said, I put a bb down the barrel, fired, and it shot out, its not jammed, it just seems the BB's arent being fed up into the chamber/whatever its called in an airsoft gun.

• Supporters

Easiest thing to do is look on youtube for how to videos on your gun. There are plenty of step by step guides.

There is definitely a disassembly guide and guide on adjusting your hop.

Its easier for you to watch than it is for people to explain.

If its brand new you could just send it back. Most decent shops like Firesupport and Zero one would test the gun but justbbguns isn't a decent shop.

As for Bbs the best brand is probably ASG Blasters for most guns well made and a good size.

Any issues PM me.

Nozzle as it where the BB's feed into? I'm not sure what you mean by it should be moving, whilst firing or in general?

I first placed around 3 bbs up into where the magazine feeds into the hole, there was about 3 bbs worth of space, that didnt help the mag feed, the time it fired was by rolling a bb down the barrel, I realise this makes no real difference as the air will naturally blow it out, but I did this to make sure the BB's werent too large.

• Supporters

did you put the BB in from the bb feed tube or down from the front of the barrel?

The nozzle SHOULD be moving......

Flip the gun upside down without a mag in and fire it if you cant see the air nozzle moving when you look in the feed tube its knackered. Send it back fixing it would require new parts and void your warranty.

Easiest thing to do is look on youtube for how to videos on your gun. There are plenty of step by step guides.

There is definitely a disassembly guide and guide on adjusting your hop.

Its easier for you to watch than it is for people to explain.

If its brand new you could just send it back. Most decent shops like Firesupport and Zero one would test the gun but justbbguns isn't a decent shop.

As for Bbs the best brand is probably ASG Blasters for most guns well made and a good size.

Any issues PM me.

Had a look at a youtube video about disassembly, but I don't think I needs disassembling tbh. The mechanics of the gun I pretty much understand, will have a play with it again tomorrow and try a few other things, very frustrating thoough. The gun is very well made and really good quality, and as much as people on here dont rate the bulldog bbs (Just ordered 9000 of the blasters btw) surely they should still feed?

Only other thing I can think of is the battery I ordered is this http://www.justbbguns.co.uk/product/504/BATTERIES-AND-CHARGERS/322/NEW-TX-PRO-BATTERIES/2001/8.4V-3000-BATTERY Which was actually too big for the stock, although as the inside is wood, I could possible file it down slightly because its only slightly too large due to the wiring. So I'm using my M4 battery, this - http://www.justbbguns.co.uk/product/504/BATTERIES-AND-CHARGERS/481/BULLDOG-PRO-BATTERIES/2264/8.4V-1600-BULL-PACK with an adapter as the M14s connect is a large connector, not a small. I doubt this is an issue as the gun fires when connected, but just though i'd mention just in case.

Flip the gun upside down without a mag in and fire it if you cant see the air nozzle moving when you look in the feed tube its knackered. Send it back fixing it would require new parts and void your warranty.

Do you mean this? Just uploaded this, so this is actually me firing said gun..

I can view it. The nozzle is moving so no issues there

OP: put a bb in that hole shown in the vid and see if it fires

Very strange, just succesfully fired 2 bbs like this with the gun upside down.. Early on, I filled this with 3 bbs (about the gap between this and the mag) and it wouldnt fire upright, does this mean the magazine isnt feeding correctly?

• Supporters

Very strange, just succesfully fired 2 bbs like this with the gun upside down.. Early on, I filled this with 3 bbs (about the gap between this and the mag) and it wouldnt fire upright, does this mean the magazine isnt feeding correctly?

Sound like it to me.

When you put the mag in do you hear the BBs release and start to feed up? Might just be misaligned somewhere.

Think I've sorted it guys, just watched probably the 8th video on this gun on youtube (8 is alot, doesnt seem to be too many on the M14) and for the first time the guy recommended, once clicking the mag in, to give it a good whack or 3 under the mag whe it comes new. First time I've seen this sort of thing suggested, but tried it, and it's now firing!!! Thank fudge for that. Such a simple thing.

Thanks for your help anyways guys, even though it was something silly and basic like that, still learnt a few bits, as I said, I'm still new to airsoft, really, so i'll stick around these forums as you all seem really helpful guys.

Got 9000 blaster bbs coming aswell for those who recommended them :D Cheers aswell @ImTriggerHappy for the PM help.

• Supporters

Sound like it to me.

When you put the mag in do you hear the BBs release and start to feed up? Might just be misaligned somewhere.

Could just be bbs sticking in the mag. I had to emery mine before they would feed nuprol bbs. Blasters are the best ones to try as they are at the lower end of the size scale so generally feed well in most mags/guns.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.