Gloves.

Sacarathe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was using Mechanix Fastfit for airsoft, but they were accidentally lost by someone who is not me.

I did not think they were perfect for airsoft, for £15 they were a good starter, they protected my hands from the environment and prevented BBs drawing blood, but they did little more.

But: I would use them again!

I had multicam, I think'd go with something darker this time, not a fan of black though,

Two questions (the second one is more important):

1. Which mechanix gloves maintain sensation and motor control/dexterity while also protecting the back of the hands?

2. Are any other gloves good for consideration?

Currently looking at getting Mechanix M-Pact Gloves. Or The original

• Supporters

I have a pair of M-Pact gloves. Pretty much ANY of the Mechanix tactical range will maintain your dexterity but none of them are designed to protect your hands from much more than grazed knuckles from banging against walls etc. If you're after protection from hits then armoured paintball gloves are probably your best bet.

I've also used Helikon gloves which were OK but the fit isn't as good as the Mechanix ones (I have big hands but short fingers). I've tried Oakley SI gloves but just can't get on with the fit. One thing to bear in mind is that the standard SI gloves are just the old Factory Pilot "extreme sports" gloves in tactical colours so don't expect too much from them and you won't be disappointed.

PIG Alpha gloves are meant to be the dogs danglies in terms of dexterity but are a very lightweight glove.

Personally I'm holding out for the new Mechanix Breacher gloves which are due later this year.

I have the exact pair linked, they're def flexible enough to not be a hindrance. I have taken a couple hits where I've been unlucky enough for it not hit the shield strips, as the shield strips don't always sit square when you've got your hand clenched round a grip.

Definitely as good as you can get without wearing a gloves that's solid all the way around rather than strips

PIG FDT Gloves yeah are gonna be the best for dexterity, but they state themselves not built to survive everything so you do sacrifice toughness

At the other end I'm looking at getting some Warrior Enforcers but dunno what they're actually like

• Supporters

The Mech Originals don't give any more protection than the Fastfit, they do actually fit better though in my experience. As a good, all round glove for skirmishing they tick all the boxes to be honest (imho).

End of the day you'll always sacrifice protection for dexterity and vice versa. Even if you get the most up-armoured Mechanix going there'll still be uncovered areas where hits will hurt and you'll struggle sometimes with various things on your gear (buttons, zips, ppuch lids etc). If you want something more at the protection end of the scale the M-Pacts are great and still allow good levels of manipulation with safety catches, reloads etc. Personally I always wear my PIG gloves and yeah every few skirmishes I'll take a hand shot and it kills, but unless you want to look like the michelin man and be shunned for never feeling a hit that is the reality of the game.

Nothing wrong with a £10 pair of B&Q joiners gloves, fingerless for dexterity and tougher than the nails that the chippie uses

I lurve Mechanix gloves! I have the Mpact ones and the basic woodland pattern gloves. I have smallish hands and to coin a phrase they "Fit like a glove" plus! Good resistance to sparks unlike my Jack Pyke ones that caught fire when I let off a smoke grenade!

I like my mechanix gloves but being fingerless I do occasionally get some impressive welts on the finger tips. Ultimately I suspect I want a set of fingerless gloves for just the trigger finger and then the rest covered but I honestly don't care about it enough to worry. The fingerless gloves are a lot better for the gun manipulation and so I just take the occasional painful hit.

I initially got the gloves for the BBs, but now I mainly wear the gloves for the environment - but not having BBs draw blood is a big bonus.

The only two under 5m hits i've taken to the hands hurt a lot, but left no marks.

• Supporters

I like my mechanix gloves but being fingerless I do occasionally get some impressive welts on the finger tips. Ultimately I suspect I want a set of fingerless gloves for just the trigger finger and then the rest covered but I honestly don't care about it enough to worry. The fingerless gloves are a lot better for the gun manipulation and so I just take the occasional painful hit.

The Mechanix Covert gloves have less padding on the trigger finger so work well. Nothing stops injurys to the fingers completely though, cant bend my little after over a week after taking a bb in the joint and thats got a padded rib across it.

I use Wiley X CAG-1s. Picked them up on sale for about £20. RRP is £50 or so.

Bloody good gloves. warm when you need them to be, but cool enough during summer

I found my cheapo viper gloves to one of the better pairs I have owned. They're full fingered and un armoured but have enough thickness to them to not make you swear when you get a knuckle or finger hit. They maybe thick but they also allow you to have great dexterity for example use a variety of zips and even work on most phone screen. My only gripe with the is the fact that they stained blue from a smoke grenade plooming out on them. (not a massive problem)

My only gripe with the is the fact that they stained blue from a smoke grenade plooming out on them. (not a massive problem)

There was a guy at Dorking a few weeks ago who was almost blue head to toe due to picking up a smoke nade to throw back just as burst out :lol: Looked like a smurf!!

• Supporters

That's some weird smoke. Military nades put out infinitely more volume than anything an airsoft site would sell and you can walk right through the plume without so much as a stain. I tried it once with about 8 going off at the same time, really makes your eyes water but no marks.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.