EAG Epsom Tunnels

OneRavo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just a quick question, as of late, how dark REALLY are the tunnels? Is a torch an absolute must, or will it just give away my position alot?

• Supporters

Get a torch, preferably one with a pressure pad. A quick burst of light will help you get around, but a pressure pad allows small lengths of light to be displayed to now give you away too much

Guest PT247

it is very dark when they turn the lights out, don't use a torch to see where you are going though unless you are shot out as it'll destroy your natural night vision. If you have a torch and use it anything but occasionally you will piss off any one in your own team who plays regularly there. Do 100% have one with you though as it is very easy to get disorientated and confused as to where you are. I found the easiest way to move around was to keep my left hand gently rubbing against the wall to my left and slightly in front of me to keep me walking straight, then sweep with your feet to feel for obstacles in your path. If you let your eyes adjust you will be suprised as to how much you can sense around you, I shot 3 people out with three consecutive shots in pitch black down there on one occasion!

• Supporters

A torch helps to avoid bruised nose walking splat into walls on your way back.

On average you can get by once your eyes adjust but some outskirts are jet black darkness for a few feet or so. That is when you walk splat into wall or barricade returning to safe/respawn zone

Eat your carrots and you should be fine

11111222_499099430240382_18140249592332911245785_499099416907050_54705713466004311108183_499099420240383_653073077068954

Some of these were before the lights were completely turned off... bar red safety lights that barely give any light at all.

The worst part is if pyro is used it kicks up the dust and the smoke lingers even from 9mm's so after pyro use don't expect to see more than 10ft or so in front of you.

• Supporters

Yeah was gonna say - no way was it that lit when I played

at best - gloomy to very dark to pitch black now n then

at intersections watch for your own glim shadow giving you away no matter how quetly you try to be

(which on zombie game they pump out horror theme noises/music too)

even the regulars hardly used a flash - just now n then a quite millisecond flash to check corridor but that quick burst of light

has alerted peeps a few blocks away......

One of the guys was using a 50/50 tracer mix ob bb's to see bb's hitting/deflecting off any non hittakers

little tiny glowing bb's on the floor for a while - he was a good bloke too even if I did light him up by mistake when it was semi only - oops

should be sampled - a little intense full on at times but if you like adrenalin flowing through you then this could be your thing to try next

Yeah was gonna say - no way was it that lit when I played

at best - gloomy to very dark to pitch black now n then

at intersections watch for your own glim shadow giving you away no matter how quetly you try to be

(which on zombie game they pump out horror theme noises/music too)

even the regulars hardly used a flash - just now n then a quite millisecond flash to check corridor but that quick burst of light

has alerted peeps a few blocks away......

One of the guys was using a 50/50 tracer mix ob bb's to see bb's hitting/deflecting off any non hittakers

little tiny glowing bb's on the floor for a while - he was a good bloke too even if I did light him up by mistake when it was semi only - oops

should be sampled - a little intense full on at times but if you like adrenalin flowing through you then this could be your thing to try next

those must be what i found in the toilet block when they turned the lights completely out (place was littered with them) either that or a ghost has left some ectoplasm from its latest appearance...

I am in two minds. On the one hand on that site if you use the torch you give your position away and destroy your nightvision. On the other hand the ground is uneven and its pretty dangerous without being able to see the ground.

I am in two minds. On the one hand on that site if you use the torch you give your position away and destroy your nightvision. On the other hand the ground is uneven and its pretty dangerous without being able to see the ground.

Even playing with the lights completely off if your smart with your torch use you can play a good game without giving away your position you just have to think outside the box a bit with what you do with the torch.

• Supporters

I stick my finger over the light while in the dark in The Mall. Red light reacts with cones, not rods (which are your night vision) so it's not as bad; also, red light is dimmer and less obvious.

Despite what people above have said, I played there 2 weeks ago. When the lights were out, the entire middle section and tunnels are pitch black.

However, on the left and right main tunnels, there are red safety lamps at every section. Which give off more than enough light to see people and give away any advantages.

Either get a torch as above, or learn the layout well before they turn them out.

Usually they will leave the lights on for the first few games to allow you to gain your bearings.

I tend to use mine when dead and heading to the spawn or safe zone, DEAD MAN ON TORCH and flashing it upward at junctions lets people know theres no threat coming through and saves me getting blasted close up.

But I know the layout quite well and am confident of finding my way.

If your new to the site make sure you have one, but you may not need to use it so much during the fight as it DOES give away your locations. Loads of times I have seen a torchlight before hearing people whilst I was sneaking around. Allows me to lay an ambush or to move position.

And the 50/50 tracer mix is great, I use it a lot down there, as it does help to see where your shots are going, although I turn the tracer off when in sneaky mode :ph34r:

I LOVE the look of spent tracers which have shattered all over the floor... :wub:

• Supporters

As long as peeps don't have a fear of dark or closed spaces you will be fine.

It should be experienced just once at least

Make sure you follow instructions coz dunno how true this is but they said one guy got lost and they went for lunch turning off the generator...

He was stuck in there for 40 mins in TOTAL PITCH BLACK DARKNESS

when they went back and found him he was a bit f*cked up to say the least

Well so the story goes

Its a pet peeve of mine especially at the Mall, some fuckwit backlighting you as you go through a door....

As has been said let your eyes adjust and you will be surprised what you can see. Sadly 99% of airsofters are too ducking lazy and flick on white light at the first sign of darkness.

• 1 month later...

Take one for sure, helps in the long corridors when a fire fight breaks out and your position is already given away. That distance in the dark it's hard to see where the enemy is a quick blast of ur torch and you give yourself and your team a general idea of where they are so you can start getting accurate fire down.

Been asked a good few times to send some light down as no fucker can see where anyone is, bright enough torch and you start to add a blinding effect there too for anyone looking your way

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.