Best Airsoft none misting goggles/glasses

jay83
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Im wondering if anyone has something i have no idea exists but is amazing. I dont like mesh as it gives a tint so i have clear glasses at the mo, but they fog up as there just a cheap set. Do any of you guys have any make that is epic ect?

Regards

Jay

• Supporters

There's no two ways about it, lensed glasses/goggles WILL mist up to some degree. I like my ESS Advancers but unless they're rubbed down regularly with the ESS anti fog cloth they still mist up.

• Supporters

I've spent a LOT of money trying to resolve this problem, and it's not 100% fixable unfortunately... there are things you can do to mitigate it however!

Decent lenses with an anti-fog coating are a must if you're using glasses, I recommend either ESS Ice or Crossbow style as they work for me, smith optics and revision are also very high quality though. The main problem with that kind though is that you cannot wear much in the way of lower face protection, they'll fog because there's not enough air moving about. For woodland games these days I wear a set of ESS Crossbow Suppressor glasses and a decent gum shield (SISU 1.6), doesn't stop you getting nasty welts on your face but it does prevent permanent and/or expensive damage to teeth/eyes.

ESS have something called 'flow coat' on the inside of their lenses which is water repellent (to a point) that'll keep you fog free for a while, but if you sit still for long enough, it'll happen. They also come with an awesome little cloth that you just wipe on the inside that helps keep it topped up.

The other option (and the one I use for CQB) is to get a set of goggles with a fan built in, I use ESS Profile Turbofan goggles with a Sansei style mask cable tied to the bottom. With the fan on I don't fog up, even if I stay still, but it's not a cheap option.

Try fairy liquid, it's cheap! Rub it on both sides of the lenses until it's goes a smokey white colour and then wipe it off. I do it before every game and it keeps them mist free for a good 4-5 hours. Just reapply during breaks,

I have my bodged mask.

its an M04 gas mask styled mask (supposedly suitable for airsoft but isn't really)

41OaUqu2y9L._SX100_.jpg

I had to reinforce the lenses so they can't be shot out (epoxy glue around the inside)

I removed the small fan from the filter and cut out the internal structure. I then took an old CPU cooling fan and cut the corners off the square frame thingy and fitted that. Wired to 2 ft of wire and a tamiya connector, it works on a similar battery to our guns. I have to test it tomorrow in actual use, but I cannot see it misting up. It may be lacking in stealth due to the sound of rushing air it produces :D

I got a bit fed up with misting issues, so I may have gone a little OTT :D

cat crap!

i use this stuff and never had a problem with it if i start to mist up i just re apply and off i go!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/380722554204?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&limghlpsr=true&lpid=101&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=101&ff19=0

cat crap? I dont need ebay for that!

Oakley's, have had my pair for 3 years and they never fog (I'm not including 37'C Egyptian heat while out for a jog), I clean them with warm water occasionally and no problems whatsoever.

Only irritation is that i got a scratch on the left side 12-15 months ago and I have no idea how.

http://www.uktactical.com/p-6034-oakley-si-m-frame-20-strike.aspx

There are so many products with anti-fog coatings out there, and they can get quite expensive as well. None of them work a 100% as stated above.

I have tried out many combinations, none of them worked so far. Until I did this. I used an old pair of goggles and integrated two small graphics card coolers.

Actually I have already opened up a thread about it, but I guess it wont hurt if I post the link here as well.

Made a video about it, explaining how to do it. These goggles never get foggy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf3O-_Z6F34

use to use ess ice, and now revision sawfly, with antifog cloths, lasts ages, and just quick rewipe if required, BUT never use tissue to clean/wipe/defog them

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an odd question for people who wear Mesh goggles.

Do your eye lashes catch on the mesh when your wearing them ? Mine does & it's really annoying

• Supporters

Guess it depends on how close to your face the mesh is, mine didn't but I've noticed that as the foam is getting squashed they are starting to.

Guess it depends on how close to your face the mesh is, mine didn't but I've noticed that as the foam is getting squashed they are starting to.

yeh

That must be the reason.

May try to change the foam out & space them away a bit

Ess make a set of goggels with a built in fan battery lasts 155 hours or something however they are also about that price worth it tho

arhh i was just looking at these. £150 but they look awesome. Smith do some too. Do they work? Im thinking get these then im done for good

• 3 weeks later...

I just tried the Revision Military goggle wipes. They are dry wipes, and re-usable. Used them on full-seal eyeshields and they didn't fog on a cold 'orrible day. the inside of the lenses gets wet after a while, but won't obscure your vision. Only thing I;ve found that works other than fan goggles.

• Supporters

I'm here to reiterate a tip JCheeseright posted a while back: the combination of FogTech and the wipe that comes with ESS goggles works really well. I tried it in my Bullet Ants at Tac-House Spartan and they stayed fog free for at least 2.5 and maybe 3 hours. That said, it wasn't much use in my Advancer V12's - I got maybe 20mins before having to retire for a swap.

Archived