Ed, Let's play a game

geoffreym

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

what's wrong with an optic on a shotgun? a red dot or holographic sight is always going to be quicker to acquire in close quarters than iron sights.

I agree about red dot having their uses in cqb. but many (I hesitate to say most) rl shotguns dont even have a rear iron.

The only thing I don't like about that is the extending stock, like two said it should be a fixed stock

I think there was a fixed stock version a page or so back, can't remember who posted it.

I don't mind an optic on a shotty for CQB as they do help but generally I'm just there for room clearance and for getting a good spread down a corridor in a surpressing role while folk move up so I normally don't need one.

It's no secret that I'd love an under lever :(

I think there was a fixed stock version on the a page or so back, can't remember who posted it.

I don't mind an optic on a shotty for CQB as they do help but generally I'm just there for room clearance and for getting a good spread down a corridor in a surprising role while folk move up.

It's no secret that I'd love an under lever :(

Same here, optics have their place on shotguns even if they look wrong on some models. Makes it easier in a straight up firefight than iron sights to stay on target. Unless it's a secondary for room clearing where it needs to be kept minimal - but at that range if you miss then you're quite crap haha

While we're on the subject of shotguns I'm really fancying one of those mossberg chainsaw grips for one of mine (which could make it end up in this thread.......) but are there any import issues on real steal firearms accessories?

While we're on the subject of shotguns I'm really fancying one of those mossberg chainsaw grips for one of mine (which could make it end up in this thread.......) but are there any import issues on real steal firearms accessories?

If you can get hold of one let me know haha

I think it's dependant on where you get it from - some places in the US refuse outright to ship gun parts internationally whereas some will make you do the legal legwork to acquire it since it's technically part of a firearm.

Edit: Depends on who looks at your package when it comes in and their definition of what it is since "component parts" that work the gun (which could include the pump on a shotgun) are restricted whereas "accessories" (which could also be the shotgun pump) aren't. Gotta love our import laws and all their vagueness.

I've found them on the US Amazon for 30 dollars :).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GP3IFBC/ref=pd_aw_sims_7?pi=SL500_SS115

It's a minefield and I don't know if they'd be willing to put "it's for airsoft use only, honest" on the parcel haha

• Supporters

The pump on a shotgun is just furniture far as I'm aware, same as a stock or pistol grip, no laws against importing it to the UK or having such a part for airsoft if it is just furniture; the only trouble is getting it out of America. US Amazon wouldn't ship anything here at all last I tried, though that was a long time ago.

There's a great thread in the Arnies Legal/VCRA section that very clearly provides all the info one might need about the legality of having various types of RS parts on RIFs.

The pump on a shotgun is just furniture far as I'm aware, same as a stock or pistol grip, no laws against importing it to the UK or having such a part for airsoft if it is just furniture; the only trouble is getting it out of America. US Amazon wouldn't ship anything here at all last I tried, though that was a long time ago.

There's a great thread in the Arnies Legal/VCRA section that very clearly provides all the info one might need about the legality of having various types of RS parts on RIFs.

That's really helpful CK, I'll give it a look. Cheers :)

• Supporters

Interesting, Magpul won't ship their 1911 grips to the UK (for an individual at least) as it's disqualified under ITAR.

• Supporters

Well... they say that, fact is given what they are and the low value you could export them perfectly legally if you could find a retailer that'd jump through the hoops for you (which is a rare thing).

I've signed up on Arnies and posted in that thread to get some oppinions there aswell. I know sod all about ITAR, does it clearly define furniture as not being covered or is it a grey area?

• Supporters

I think as per the above a lot of US sellers are using it as an excuse not to have to ship abroad/to the UK. I found a few guys on ebay that showed their listing as "may not ship to the UK" but on contacting them they were fine about it (Omega Mfg - they do a particularly nice FTS mount for magnifiers).

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Y'know, I'm actually genuinely amazed that no one's ever thought to do that before...

Must be bloody annoying have to hold the box up though.

on the parts from america issue(sorry missed that) i got a magpul shotgun stock sent from america no problem (customs hit me for an extra £15 though...) but then the stock being exactly the shape and feel of what i wanted of course wouldnt fit my airsoft shotgun... maby one day itll be tried on one of our real ones or ill copy it into wood... who knows....

does anyone else not like non g36 style stocks on g36s? dosent look right to me ever...

• Supporters

I don't even like the newer G36 stocks anyway, let alone the horrendous AR ones.

• 2 months later...
  • Supporters

AR-15 wooden furniture always looks good on my opinion

Yeah, mine too... burns much better than the plastic.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.