Cameron364

The 'What have you just bought' Thread

7629 posts in this topic

Anyone got any tips? Anything I add, like lube or whatever?

I thought about it and my first instinct was not to use lube on a thread because it would make it come undone just as much as it helps make it tighten but, if it's really stiff, that shouldn't matter. I'd go for it - if you have some use Teflon gearbox grease (I could go into the science of why polytetraflouroethane is so good, but I think everyone gets it that Teflon is PTFE and it's the most slippery substance so far encountered on earth.). Otherwise some other grease rather than oil, because it will stay where you put it.

Got it done now, finally. With help from various people :L.

Still quite stiff, but at least it holds in place well and there's no chance of it ever unscrewing as I use it!!

I thought I avoided Customs charges. Even asked the FedEx guy who dropped it off if I had any. Got a letter a week later wanting 20 quid.. Well they can go swivel as I never asked them to pay it.

It took 7 days;

That's from when I placed the order.

Received invoice email with reference and shipping etc. the next day. Sent them the money via PayPal that day (Thursday last week).

Then got an email Thursday saying it had been dispatched, along with tracking number etc.

Received it today at about 2 ish.

Really, really good service.

They were helpful in answering any questions I had via email as well, nothing bad to say about them.

Palco Firepower (USP) Co2 Airsoft Pistol - I include the link because it's £35. OK NBB & plastic, but 350 +/- 5% & CO2 capsules. I mean, how sh!t could it actually be and still fire @350fps?

Madbull Hop rubber (Clear + Black) - to replace the ones which have apparently been returned to sender in HK & since I was ordering from Action Hobbies anyway, it seemed like a good idea since I want the new rubbers in my guns in good time for a night game on 18th and NAE12 on 24th.

25 x Umarex 12g CO2 cartridges - for the pistol

It's looking like I might finally be rid of my M14, so soon I'll have £255 on my hands, as well as a new ACOG that was part of the swap/sale.

Only lame thing is that the remaining parts I need to finish my L119 still add up to over £400 lol. Not to mention the fact that I need food and stuff to live...

What parts do you still need for your L119?

PS. since when were you a moderator?

Just picked up a set of ATACS FG to go with my new modern look. PX4, spare mag and hard holster, will play with the G36 or M4, no webbing, light n fast.

atacsfg.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Opposite to my current 1980 British Forces look :)

Gas, precious green gas. Couldn't find propane anywhere atm :(

Also another viper mp5 pouch for my Mp7 :D

I hate PTFE tape. I always make a mess of everything, put too much on, etc. and can never get rid of it.

What parts do you still need for your L119?

PS. since when were you a moderator?

I need the right flash hider, a sling mount, the right gas block/front sight, the right grip, a rubber pad for the stock, more Emags, a sling and the receiver.

That's assuming I can even find all of that.

If I want it to be 100% accurate I'll also have to cut the outer barrel down by half an inch.

And I've been a moderator for about a week now I think, Dev appointed me one because 3 moderators are currently away, including him. Finius got upgraded to Moderator status as well.

Well enjoy searching/buying/doing all of that :L.

Should be finishing off my L96 tomorrow (aside from the paint), ordered everything else I need this morning (well, yesterday morning now, but I haven't slept so it doesn't count!) for next day delivery.

Awesome, well deserved you two :).

10 x Red + 10 x Blue Male/Female Pairs 4mm Bullet Crimp Connectors - so I can shift the fuse of my AK forward into the handguard and also put a mosfet in there without then having to disassemble the front end any time I want to mess with the gearbox.

2 x Violet LX Tape - to wrap my mags in something immediately recognisable that isn't likely to be a team colour!

Received the rest of the parts for L96 today, minus one thing.

Also, the piston head was a little squashed, so doesn't fit in the cylinder. Exchanging it tomorrow at Urban Assault, thanks to Fire Support :).

3okalv.jpg

The mag looks so cool... and everything forward of that tube sticking out the back is, as already stated, so beautiful... the stock? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Just got some Web-tex 5 Colour Camo Face Paint and a Web-tex Ammo Pouch Sized Stainless Steel 330ml Flask - I'm thinking of the night game @Skirmish Airsoft on the 18th...

Just bought a couple of guns as back up/loaners.

A stockless JG beta spetz (got single point sling and fore grip on it from my spares box)

a full metal, full stock dhboys beta.

Already modded them with xt60 connectors, put a spare barrel in the full stock and a silencer on it.

Looks like I am going full circle back to AK's, so my cxp is going up for sale to fund a AKM and a RPK!

Y'know, the mag of that 417, as well as the Emags I have show something that really irritates me...

They show the rounds stacking literally parallel to each other. It's like there's two separate columns of rounds. They're supposed to be staggered ffs! Emags are meant to be made by Magpul to a really high quality, so how'd they make such a retarded mistake? It's even more obvious on that 417 mag though.

I know I'm just picky, but it does annoy me.

Other than that, I think the 417 looks fucking sexy as hell, especially the stock. I like how they've made the buffer tube fatter to account for the fact it's a 7.62 and not a 5.56 as well. I don't think other companies tend to do that.

You're totally right about the mags, Ed, you tw@t! Now I can't look at them the same... we'll just have to agree to disagree that you're wrong about the stock, fat tube or no. It's clearly not my fault that your sense of aesthetics is disagreeable :lol:;)