Guitars

Well if we can have a Watches thread (which I like), then let's have one for geeeeeeeetars too, as they can lovely things to behold and meddle with.

I am a pleased-as-punch recent purchaser of this:

231876730_PRSguitar.thumb.jpg.e3f77216d1bcad412815871602d98884.jpg  414014725_PRSguitarcloseup.thumb.jpg.e3c77297f55e74c479c66cf355526a36.jpg

PRS SE CE 24 in Blood Orange

If only I could play it as well as it deserves!    (This is my 5th guitar, purchased over a span of nearly 40 years, and I've only just got vaguely to grips with rhythm.  Lead is a complete no-no.  I suck!)
PRS really do a fantastic job on build quality, even on their cheaper guitars (like this one).  And it plays so easily, it's really nicely set up straight from the box.

I might invest in a set of locking tuners on it, the 9 gauge strings are shifting tune as my 'office' room is a bit of a sweatbox at the moment.
And those skinny strings are slicing up the ends of my fingers a bit - though that might be because I'm just playing it too much :D

Anyway, share some pics of your beauties :)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

PRS make some stunning guitars., and thats a beute ! I'm an SG fan mainly. Hugely into Sabbath, here are my main 2. The Gibo has 2 Iommi custom pickups and the Epi has the same in the bridge. 

image.thumb.jpeg.011af6be74b1184f56e1fc08f06a9e73.jpeg

I have got a Jaydee Oldboy on order, build slot is about 12 months away yet !  Copy of Iommi's main guitar , made by the same people that make his , can't wait ! 

It'll be a trip up to Birmingham to collect it and have a look around the workshop. 

Posted (edited)

SG's are proper good rock guitars 🤩 👍that cherry one would be my pick!

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

The cherry Epi is lovely, and out of the box much better than the Gibson. That had an action you could get a bus under and took lots of setting up. 

To the extent that I wouldn't buy another Gibson, my Les Paul is also and Epiphone, but running a very nice pair of Bare knucke pickups.

Bassist here!

Late-comer to the party (2019), always fancied it and when the eldest started learning I said I would too. Obviously his Squier Mini-strat hasn’t been played in ages but I still play regularly.

Here’s my Ibanez SR370.

image.thumb.jpeg.4a45d08ed95683e8a0769bc4e7d49d73.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Most of mine are in cases buried in the spare room right now but I have:

1991 Gibson Explorer - my first "proper" guitar, bought from Peter Cooks in Hanwell when I was 21!

90's BC Rich Bich NJ - workhorse guitar from my gigging days, has SD Jazz and JB pickups fitted and more dings and scratches than anything else.

BC Rich Bich special edition - this was designed as a signature release for Mick Thomson of Slipknot just as he jumped ship to Ibanez so it has a blank fretboard but archtop and white binding. Awfully heavy bloody metal.

Epiphone G3T - licenced copy of the old Steinberger cricket bat, it has a Steinberger trem and Iron Gear pickups. Plays really nice and just sits in my office for when I start noodling

Westfield bowlback electro acoustic - bought it when Westfield were still trying to sell their guitars as "premium", it's pretty nice but just doesn't get played. It doesn't chug.