NAF getting desperate, or just plain dumb?

JinxDuh

Thanks for that info but I don't think there will be any noticeable reduction in the queue.

I usually get there early Friday morning and get done as soon as the station opens. 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, JinxDuh said:

Not chronoing because people chrono'd their gun at a different game and then relying heavily on the honesty and integrity of players. What could possibly go wrong?

Is it OK to use a meme twice in a week ?🤔

giphy.gif

32 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Wow indeed, cheating regulars will be all over this😏

Yes I thought about that as well. But a packet of multi coloured cable ties are cheap and if you are that way inclined you will just pick the colour that's in use on the day.☹️

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

Wow indeed, cheating regulars will be all over this😏

So it'll be no different to every other year then

What could possibly go wrong?

I respect the sites I've played at having done not just the chrono tests at the start of the day but an unplanned chrono test later to confirm people were still in the limits, especially as the heatwave did risk putting some of us above the limit by the afternoon.

"Everyone's a winner" Great tune by Hot Chocolate but I don't think anyone losing sight in one eye will consider themselves a winner.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Yes I thought about that as well. But a packet of multi coloured cable ties are cheap and if you are that way inclined you will just pick the colour that's in use on the day.☹️

9 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

So it'll be no different to every other year then

images-6.jpeg

I don't think they're getting desperate as according to their website just over 2000 players are booked to go, to me this is just laziness on their part. Less guns to chrono means more time for them to stand around doing fuck all

That's an insane decision to make. I saw a post about this on Reddit that's pretty funny.

Can I just drive through this speed camera at 20 now, so I can do 70 later?

Honestly, how this got approved and made its way through multiple people before being posted without being flagged as a REALLY bad idea is wild.

Edited by MrTea

10 hours ago, MrTea said:

Honestly, how this got approved and made its way through multiple people before being posted without being flagged as a REALLY bad idea is wild.

I wonder if whoever thought of this actually said it out-loud first.

I have raised this with the event organisers. Will let you know what they say.

It's nearly as mad as me taking a letter from my neighbour saying he has seen me chrono and it's just below legal. 

• Supporters

This rather highlights that all pre-game chrono is safety theatre, whether it was done (or not done) 7 days or 7 minutes before game on.

Broken drum, but far too many sites and events treat chrono as something they do so that they can say they did it and everybody passed - sometimes after going away then coming back to claim they have a different weight of BB loaded.  The realty is that cheaters are - definitionally - going to cheat[*] whatever system they put in place, and can only be caught on the field, in the act.

I've been chronoed precisely once in game, and even then, only because I was honest enough to say that the gun I was using wasn't a site rental like the marshal had assumed.  That's really pretty appalling, and speaks to the mindset of sites and marshals who want to look the other way and avoid confrontation and trouble, rather than seeking it out and yeeting it clean out of the hobby.

[*] Cheater's starter kit, £5.99 on eBay.

s-l1600.webp

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

I have raised this with the event organisers. Will let you know what they say.

It's nearly as mad as me taking a letter from my neighbour saying he has seen me chrono and it's just below legal. 

They deleted the post forty minutes after posting it.

1 hour ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

They deleted the post forty minutes after posting it.

Ok thanks.

They must have seen that it was crazy.

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

This rather highlights that all pre-game chrono is safety theatre, whether it was done (or not done) 7 days or 7 minutes before game on.

Broken drum, but far too many sites and events treat chrono as something they do so that they can say they did it and everybody passed - sometime after going away then coming back with a "different" weight of BB loaded.  The realty is that cheaters are - definitionally - going to cheat[*] whatever system they put in place, and can only be caught on the field, in the act.

I agree that it's all theatre but unfortunately there isn't really any viable way of making cheating chrono impossible without putting off the majority of honest players attending the site. All that can realistically be done is to make it harder for those who want to cheat to get away with it and to actually do something when it does happen 

• Supporters

It's all sorted now, they're equipping their highly trained extremely athletic marshaling team with mobile laser guided chronos, they'll be checking the fps of every bb as they cross the playing area, with offenders being warned "stop it, it's naughty", which will obviously scare the living shite out of them, ensuring they don't re-offend 😏

190446718.jpg.gallery~2.jpg

When old Bert isn't weeding out dem cheetahs, you can usually find him cleaning out the shitters💩 or cooking the burgers & sausages.

🤢

A mate and I went last year

He was first to get chrono’d , I was third in the queue after being told to empty a mag loaded with .36’s and get loaded up with .2’s for the Chrono!!

Anyway, being chrono’d on the Friday morning and that was my only check for the entire 3 days

Nothing stopping anybody from going back to their camp area and tinkering with their gun.

Genuinely a stupid way to do things, but this latest plan of theirs is pure genius 😂

4 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

A mate and I went last year

He was first to get chrono’d , I was third in the queue after being told to empty a mag loaded with .36’s and get loaded up with .2’s for the Chrono!!

Anyway, being chrono’d on the Friday morning and that was my only check for the entire 3 days

Nothing stopping anybody from going back to their camp area and tinkering with their gun.

Genuinely a stupid way to do things, but this latest plan of theirs is pure genius 😂

Yes I agree but that goes for any weekend game or milsim. If you have hundreds of people it's very difficult to keep checking players. 

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

It's all sorted now, they're equipping their highly trained extremely athletic marshaling team with mobile laser guided chronos, they'll be checking the fps of every bb as they cross the playing area, with offenders being warned "stop it, it's naughty", which will obviously scare the living shite out of them, ensuring they don't re-offend 😏

190446718.jpg.gallery~2.jpg

Been there, done that 

IMG_3855.jpeg.d402c2100b7f07b4b9e103556547d896.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

When old Bert isn't weeding out dem cheetahs, you can usually find him cleaning out the shitters💩 or cooking the burgers & sausages.

🤢

Old Bert, odd job man & delivery driver of Enola finally fully retired a couple of years before covid 

I do hope that he fulfilled his retirement plan as described to me with his overseas girlfriend …. whether that is a long or short lived retirement he would be a happy man

Edited by Tommikka

• Supporters

They realised the mistake was publishing it, rather than just verbally telling their regulars not to bother chronoing along with the chumps and mugs.  But they can't unsay that quiet part out loud now.

This is the reply from Ground Zero today regarding pre event chronoing.

"The results are recorded and if checked at the event and they differ from when the gun is tagged they are banned from the site and all our events for life. They also have the ability to alter their guns after they have been chronoed and the same rules apply!

You do not have to have your gun done before hand if you are worried,

Thanks and regards"