Camel Back in airsoft ?

Absolutely no way will a camelbak be ruptured from a bb hit.

It's inside a cordura sleeve and then it's put into a back pack compartment but even so have you tried to pop a balloon with a bb? It's not easy. Lol

• Supporters

Unless you're doing a milsim or playing at a site that has multi-hour games, then I think a camelback is overkill for airsoft. If you're going to drink that weight of water, put it inside you before each game, rather than hauling around extra weight (and insulation).

I say this as the owner of a camelback that I used once for a filmsim, and never again.

As above.

I use mine for weekenders but day games I use a canteen on my belt.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Biggie-Banana264 said:

Okay so realisticily i should be good. I just didnt want to waste my money, Already done that with goggles that fog up 😄

Personally, I don't trust glasses enough as eye protection. I'd be constantly worried about a BB sneaking around the side or underneath. For my goggles, I use the Revision anti-fog wipes, which are an absolute must for anyone as they're dirt cheap and last for months, and an ex-fog. I sometimes get some (but minimal) condensation however, zero fogging which a lot of people suffer with. I only re-use the wipes when I see fogging start up again. Usually once every few game-days.

Could be something to look into.

Edited by MrTea

Agree with the above. Even doing 60h Trees events which are probably the most demanding events in the UK in terms of duration and activity, I've never felt the need for a Camel Bak. I've got on perfectly well with canteens and bottled water.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some people love them but they're not that necessary imo.

The biggest benefit of a Camelbak is the weight distribution , a well sorted belt kit is no problem for canteens & bottles but a lightweight set up on a trouser belt or vest and they do tend to add a lot of weight in a not so great area causing uneven load or that annoying bounce around whilst you move .  A lightweight Camelbak however cinched down on your back and you won’t really know it’s there . If you are wearing a platecarrier then consider just putting it in the rear plate pocket , remember you don’t have to fill it to the max , most of the modern style are flat topped and can be rolled to fit . So you could just buy a bladder only and integrate that into your existing kit. 

If you're being shot at by something which can burst a camelbak then I suggest finding a new site as that should never happen at uk power levels.

I find one useful in the hotter months as having the drinking tube within sight acts as a visual reminder to stay hydrated, rather than waiting till I feel thirsty

• Head Moderator

I have used a Camelbak for airsoft and there is no way that someone can damage the water bladder unless an intentional act with a blade/sharp object. It is great piece of kit to keep you hydrated when playing.