TM Glock 17 gen5 mos

Mikey80

9 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

With this information, how long until TM Glocks start being listed on usedairsoft for triple the normal cost because they’re “rare” 🤔

Probably about 2 minutes after any official announcement is made

2 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Probably about 2 minutes after any official announcement is made

Do you think they would bother to announce anything though?

Most manufacturers will put word out of a new release, I’ve never seen a manufacturer announce that they are discontinuing something 

Just now, Enid_Puceflange said:

Do you think they would bother to announce anything though?

Most manufacturers will put word out of a new release, I’ve never seen a manufacturer announce that they are discontinuing something 

Good point, although if they did it would probably cause quite a few people to rush out and buy one. Similar to the way so many people started panic buying toilet roll and pasta when the news started reporting on shortages during the covid pandemic 

Oh dear, it seems I am late to the party, something tells me my "wanted TM Glock 17 Gen 5" post is doomed after reading all of this! 🤣 Oh well, I suppose I can always hold out in hope. I saw them at airsoft world for £163 and had my chance. Umarex it is I guess which I believe to be the next best thing? 

49 minutes ago, ruskitseller said:

Oh dear, it seems I am late to the party, something tells me my "wanted TM Glock 17 Gen 5" post is doomed after reading all of this! 🤣 Oh well, I suppose I can always hold out in hope. I saw them at airsoft world for £163 and had my chance. Umarex it is I guess which I believe to be the next best thing? 

This is airsoft gossip based on nothing burger at the moment. 

Marui could rename it to gp17 and remove all of the trademarks and call it a day and/or pay licensing fee to the relevant company. 

Umarex doesn't do much regarding airsoft just outsources the manufacturing to third parties. Mainly VFC. 

The best second thing would be WE because lots of marui parts are interchangeable.

Edited by Krisz

6 minutes ago, Krisz said:

This is airsoft gossip based on nothing burger at the moment. 

Marui could rename it to gp17 and remove all of the trademarks and call it a day and/or pay licensing fee to the relevant company. 

Umarex doesn't do much regarding airsoft just outsources the manufacturing to third parties. Mainly VFC. 

The best second thing would be WE because lots of marui parts are interchangeable.

Yeah all fair points. Time will tell I suppose. 

Cheers

55 minutes ago, ruskitseller said:

keep an eye out on the forums for a second hand ones. Might cost you a bit more than £163 but you’ll get one. 

also *if* Impulse 101 honour their orders, you might see a few on the U.K. market in the months coming.

if you’re after a gen5 - GHK might be the best option. They’ve just released a gen5 mos. Easier to get hold of compared to the gen5 Marui. The WE “gen5” systems are just gen3 Marui systems with the gen5 trades.

22 minutes ago, MistakenMexican said:

keep an eye out on the forums for a second hand ones. Might cost you a bit more than £163 but you’ll get one. 

also *if* Impulse 101 honour their orders, you might see a few on the U.K. market in the months coming.

if you’re after a gen5 - GHK might be the best option. They’ve just released a gen5 mos. Easier to get hold of compared to the gen5 Marui. The WE “gen5” systems are just gen3 Marui systems with the gen5 trades.

Yeah I have a wanted ad up just in case so I may get lucky. No dramas if not. 

I saw the ghk ones, look great but not sure they are worth the premium price tag for me personally. :D

Cheers

Edited by ruskitseller

12 hours ago, GiantKiwi said:

Jez used to be part of a very well known retailer at the time, he has contacts all over the retailers in the UK - if his source says something, it almost certainly is the case.

Thank you, this is pretty much it 

3 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

IMO that's irrelevant. If Jez's source has asked not to be named then it's only right that he honours that.

Exactly this, why would I drop a long term friend in it for some random username on a forum I've never dealt with 😂

Edited by Jez_Armstrong

11 minutes ago, ruskitseller said:

Yeah I have a wanted ad up just in case so I may get lucky. No dramas if not. 

I saw the ghk ones, look great but not sure they are worth the premium price tag. :D

Cheers

Just be careful, there’s at least one scammer who operates in this forum using wanted ads to target people.

I’ve experienced it twice now where they’ve tried to sell me a Marui gen5 MOS. The red flag is that they want payment in bank transfer or PayPal F&F. Each time as well, they’ve used photos from Google. So reverse image searching will quickly tell you if it’s a scam.

20 minutes ago, MistakenMexican said:

Just be careful, there’s at least one scammer who operates in this forum using wanted ads to target people.

I’ve experienced it twice now where they’ve tried to sell me a Marui gen5 MOS. The red flag is that they want payment in bank transfer or PayPal F&F. Each time as well, they’ve used photos from Google. So reverse image searching will quickly tell you if it’s a scam.

Yes mate, oh don't worry I have been turning in a few already. One even tried using the same MP5k picture as the last one - I suspect he was the same person. :D 

Cheers

So, I heard back from my source who asked TM directly what's going on with Glocks. TM said there are just production issues in general which are impacting multiple product lines, not just Glocks. TM said there are no issues with licencing and that is a rumour started by a store/distributor that has no involvement with TM and is not to be trusted.

Is TM lying? Possible but doubtful. We'll see I guess.

And I got all that without having to sign a NDA.

In summary, everyone can chill out.

Edited by hitmanNo2

1 hour ago, hitmanNo2 said:

So, I heard back from my source who asked TM directly what's going on with Glocks. TM said there are just production issues in general which are impacting multiple product lines, not just Glocks. TM said there are no issues with licencing and that is a rumour started by a store/distributor that has no involvement with TM and is not to be trusted.

Is TM lying? Possible but doubtful. We'll see I guess.

And I got all that without having to sign a NDA.

In summary, everyone can chill out.

I got this 

Not sure how legit the store as as they aren't the factory 

Screenshot_20241024_142226_Gmail.jpg

https://www.tokyomaruiairsoft.com I take it? 

Yeah, that's a shop using TM's name without permission and is not to be trusted at all.

Are you ok to release that screenshot? Don't want to get your source in trouble or break a NDA 😄

Edited by hitmanNo2

18 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

https://www.tokyomaruiairsoft.com I take it? 

Yeah, that's a shop using TM's name without permission and is not to be trusted at all.

Are you ok to release that screenshot? Don't want to get your source in trouble or break a NDA 😄

Yeah that definitely isn't my source 😂 

33 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Lol. Good. I'd have been surprised if you had bought into what they have to say considering your history.

To be fair that's the first time I've seen that website and thought id fire them off an email 

I'd did seem a bit strange when I went to Google the name of the guy who emailed back and it had the same name as an anime character 😂🤷

Screenshot_20241024_075725_Chrome.jpg

• Supporters

trustmebro

Given their batch production it'll be a while before the verified truth comes out.  Either more fully marked Glocks will just appear at retailers, unmarked ones will appear, or it'll be an incredibly loud and noticeable silence for a long while I'd imagine since they probably won't announce the cessation of Glock production.

I believe this is their official site?  In which case if the Glocks/markings vanish from here then we'd perhaps actually have a solid answer.

https://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/products/gas/blowback/

10 minutes ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

To be fair that's the first time I've seen that website and thought id fire them off an email 

I'd did seem a bit strange when I went to Google the name of the guy who emailed back and it had the same name as an anime character 😂🤷

Screenshot_20241024_075725_Chrome.jpg

It's also the (male?) name of an older anime character - a girl who plays airsoft

https://c3-bu.fandom.com/wiki/Rento_Kirishima

3 hours ago, rj1986 said:

TM: Re-releasing a variant the same gun line

Internet: Booo!! We want this niche gun instead

TM: Possibility of aforementioned gun line being discontinued

Internet: *shits themselves*

To be fair, the Marui gen5 mos isn’t a re-release, it’s a completely new design internally. Massive improvements. Even the gen4 was a half decent improvement over the gen3.