Competitive Tournament in London

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hosting a Competetive airsoft tournament at Bunker 51 Sun 24th March 2024.

It's for teams of 5 however we do have a player list for those who can't find a team.

If interested drop me an email at [email protected] and I'll send over the full info asap

I would recommend this to any player looking for a rewarding challenge.

Assuming that you are legitimately planning to play at Bunker 51, would it be a challenge to disclose more details? Can a representative of Bunker 51 vouch for an event being hosted?

Would people pay Bunker 51 directly or would they pay you? I don't think transparency would go amiss.

Have you set up a website or is there more information on social media?    If you want to attract people to an event, you are going to have to provide quite a bit more information up front.  What is the format of the event?  How will the competitive element work?  Will there be prizes?  How do people book on?

As others have posted, more information is needed. Making potential customers search for it is at best going to put alot of people off and at worst make people think its a scam

Edited by Cannonfodder

• Supporters

Aside, I agree with all of the above, and fully expect that this is going to be yet another muddle-through-and-make-do event where half the site regulars will turn up anyway without even knowing it's been booked out, get allocated to ad hoc "teams", then play exactly as normal.  It's absolutely typical of a dis-organiser who thinks they can put in the work only after enough people beg to attend that they think it'll be worth it, rather than doing the same amount of work up front and actually giving their event a chance.

But I went with a ha-ha post because I also doubt that OP will ever be back to engage here. It's a drive-by leafleting.

I'll be delighted to be wrong about any or all of that.

No mention of pricing.
No mention of joule/fps limits.

No maximum pellet weight specified.
No minimum age specified or conditions for under 18s if they are allowed to play.

No details of whether the competition is insured.

I'd like for this event to be legitimate simply for the sake of people being able to play but there needs to be more transparency than winging it and hoping people's confidence will be inspired.

1 hour ago, Galvatron said:

No grenades and must have a traser? The more I read on this the less I want to go. So far it sounds like it'll be a steaming turd of an event.

@Toxic Raider 2-1 as you've been back since posting would you care to answer the questions posted? Doing so will help dispel notions that this is poorly organised and will be a complete shit show

Edited by Cannonfodder

• Supporters
6 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

Ignore all the neg comments above... WILL KICKINGMUSTANG BE HERE?

Well, as an addendum to the above, I'm certain there will be a couple of teams of stripy socked speedsofters, buzzing on Monster and testosterone from their one descended testicle, and pre-firing every corner with a solid stream of glowing jizz-balls from their ghostbusted hi-capa with a 2 gram trigger.  Which is absolutely fine as long as it's consensual and everybody has the same expectations.

But without a crystal clear set of rules, guidelines and tone-setting, I can see tears before endex.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/01/2024 at 18:48, Rogerborg said:

Well, as an addendum to the above, I'm certain there will be a couple of teams of stripy socked speedsofters, buzzing on Monster and testosterone from their one descended testicle, and pre-firing every corner with a solid stream of glowing jizz-balls from their ghostbusted hi-capa with a 2 gram trigger.  Which is absolutely fine as long as it's consensual and everybody has the same expectations.

But without a crystal clear set of rules, guidelines and tone-setting, I can see tears before endex.

I'm waiting for that moment when the "organiser" states 'non winding mags only' and a mass disturbance of the force as 100's of speedsofters whine its elitist.

Kind of reminds me somehow of attending a CQB site a while back and hearing an organised team of systema users kicking off that some games were pistol only and that "no your PTW on semi is NOT a pistol".

Edited by hunter511

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.