Sling Lenght...?

LzChase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 10/11/2023 at 18:17, TheFull9 said:

Personally the setup/carry method I'd recommend everyone to at least try for most circumstances is one that's considered 'the standard' by pretty much everyone I know of who's seriously worth listening to.  You attach to the outboard side of your stock right at the back, then inboard on the handguard wherever suits but generally about as far forward as possible; then route the sling over your dominant shoulder and under your off-side arm pit.

If you’ve ever looked at a post and wondered if they’re a low key flannel-daddy fan go ahead an click that like button

He’s where I first saw that tip

Edited by Duff Beer

• Supporters

I used to like him in the early days when he talked about nylon gear, boots etc, but a lot of the videos in the past couple of years have been more like demolition ranch.  Not a dig people can enjoy what they like, but it's not really for me anymore (mostly).

That setup is actually mega common, certainly in a recent history context, but it's one of those things that's so basic that it's not 'cool' and doesn't get highlighted much; kinda taken as read type type info, even though it isn't.  By far the best social media account I know of right now is this one (was a post there made me switch to said sling config) - https://www.instagram.com/redbeardtactical.de/

It's just not at all relevant 90% of the time if you're someone purely interested in playing skirmishes with bb guns.

@TheFull9 it's weird, I know that's the right way to use a sling, but I've got too used to doing it the wrong way.  Maybe I need to wander around the house with a slung rifle until it feels normal.   A few days might do the trick :D

Separately...  with a heartfelt 'pretty please', could @LzChase please fix the typo in the thread title, it triggers my OCD (or something similar) every time I see this thread show up on the activity page :)

On 10/11/2023 at 18:17, TheFull9 said:

I like a 1-point attach at the stock base for indoor only games sometimes, but that's because indoor airsoft is very much getting in to the realms of a sport and is extra far removed from almost anything that'd probably happen in real life.

Same goes for outdoor. Airsoft is a silly game and it has nothing to do with reality or real life. Any half decent rifleman puts anyone into their wooden pyjama in a milisecond several hundreds yard away just using 5.45/5.56... In airsoft everything is cover in reality it's concealment at best.

It doesn't matter how much money you spent on your gear or how much training you get (proper military training not airsoft training lol 🤣) when you're blown to pieces before you're able to pull the trigger or see your enemy. This war in Ukraine shows to everyone what happens when you stand up against a country like Russia.

Edited by Krisz

I did some testing with my primary gat for Sunday's game, gave me a chance to experiment with my slingster. 
I haven't got a proper spare sling attachment on stock end of the gun at the moment, but I threaded it through a built-in loop on my PTS stock, and had it sitting on the outside.  And then I tried the 'proper' method, and damn, yes, the gun hangs much tighter to the body (especially when it's basically vertical), it's much easier to get it tucked under the left arm to completely free up the pistol hand too... I'll definitely train myself to stick to it now.  
(And I'll order a QD sling attachment for my stock)

• 1 month later...
On 09/11/2023 at 11:47, Tommikka said:

How about in the blackness of an underground bunker after tossing a flashbang down the corridor ?

UCAP Bunker ?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.