Really need help with something silly!

Yashy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello.

So this is going to sound very silly but i just need help. I've got facial eczema around my nose, cheeks, forehead and around the eyes. If I get hit in the face it leaves a mark that hyperpigments and doesn't stop itching and causes dermatis. 

I recently got a https://www.airsoftzone.co.uk/half-face-mesh-mask-od-green-with-double-strap-nuprol.html

and a bolle safety goggles.

The mesh mask absolutely feels so uncomfortable and makes my cheekbones itch and nose itch due to the mesh being so strong. I don't want to sound fussy or just stupid and people thinking im being a donut. I just don't want my health conditions stopping me from having fun. sorry to sound so annoying. 

Just need something that is padded enough and keeps me protected and doesn't fucking hurt and aggravate anything. 

Once again sorry to bother! 

That's an unusual issue, and tricky because anything with enough protection will build heat, and then you have sweat issues which may also cause aggravation.

Usually I'd recommend delta mike, but for extra cheek and nose protection I would instead recommend this:

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/nuprol-mask-6-tactical-half-face-mask

By default it will come with foam in the cheek lining, but you can make a slit in the bottom and pull these inserts out as they will not contribute much other than heat

This will also cover your nose, and the material in contact with your face is normal fabric rather than the metal mesh, which should stand away from your face a little

For the forehead I would think about hats or helmet, there are enough options there that will work, it's just a case of keeping the heat down

I'll assume anything in contact with your skin will cause aggrivation so maybe something like this...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313213420144 could help?

it means buying a fast helmet too but it's practical, airsoft safe & non contact (plus a cool factor you could modulate to your hearts content).

is there any materials that you can wear without causing irritation, silk, cotton etc? you might find a snood type cover could help too.

I'd suggest one of these:

Fencing Plus Ear Mask - Just BB Guns

The most protection you can get without the heat.

Might be worth wearing shooting glasses underneath if you're concerned about shattering BBs but I think its flexible enough that that's unlikely.

Edited by EDcase

Mesh masks for chainsaw work are safety rated and have frames that hold them away from the face.  If you checked the safety rating and tested one, it might be possible to mount one to an airsoft helmet.  You could measure the ID of the masks arms and find a cheap helmet that would go between them.  

It wouldn't stop you from using the Bolles either.  

Another option is that some people remove the strap from the face mesh and attach them to the bottom of the goggles frame with cable ties. 

All a bit Heath Robinson, but there we go.  My eczema is flaring up at the minute, so I feel your pain/infernal itching!

As other have said I think your best best is mounting something to a helmet so it will keep it off your face. Something like a replica opscore helmet and mandible. Can get the drill out and poke it full of holes and stick a mesh cover on to help with the heat or even install some fans to keep cool air moving over your skin. Good luck mate really hope you solve the issue. 

Screenshot_5.jpg

2 hours ago, Super64 said:

Do you wear a helmet? There’s a number of helmet mounted face protectors you can use. That would keep it away from your face, but still give you the protection you need. 

Nope never worn a helmet, I am looking into it. Need a nice cheap one without breaking the bank. 

2 hours ago, Hobbnob said:

That's an unusual issue, and tricky because anything with enough protection will build heat, and then you have sweat issues which may also cause aggravation.

Usually I'd recommend delta mike, but for extra cheek and nose protection I would instead recommend this:

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/nuprol-mask-6-tactical-half-face-mask

By default it will come with foam in the cheek lining, but you can make a slit in the bottom and pull these inserts out as they will not contribute much other than heat

This will also cover your nose, and the material in contact with your face is normal fabric rather than the metal mesh, which should stand away from your face a little

For the forehead I would think about hats or helmet, there are enough options there that will work, it's just a case of keeping the heat down

Thank you for this recommendation, If i was to get a helmet wouldn't it be kind of uncomfortable around the ears as it'll be so tight?

52 minutes ago, Chev Chelios said:

As other have said I think your best best is mounting something to a helmet so it will keep it off your face. Something like a replica opscore helmet and mandible. Can get the drill out and poke it full of holes and stick a mesh cover on to help with the heat or even install some fans to keep cool air moving over your skin. Good luck mate really hope you solve the issue. 

Screenshot_5.jpg

I was looking into this but i don't know much about helmets and connecting stuff to helmets as I've never worn one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161809509439?  - This may sort you out.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202561750943?  - Stick a mesh mask on this.  Just drill a hole in each side and bolt a mesh mask on.  You may need some spacers/washers, and something to stop it pivoting too far down.

I'd stick to the Bolles beneath each though.

9 hours ago, Yashy said:

I don't want to sound fussy or just stupid and people thinking im being a donut.

You're certainly not being silly for being concerned about your health and anyone who says otherwise is a cnut who should be ignored.

Have you tried bending the mesh into a more comfortable? If this isn't possible then I'd go with TPH's suggestion of attaching the mask to a helmet. Replica brain buckets can be picked up quite cheaply on Amazon or Ebay.

7 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Just thinking differently,  but,  i don't really know your condition...  is there some topical cream you could apply to reduce the effects like Aloe Vera or E45?

My other half gets quite bad eczema and unfortunately 99% of the over the counter creams like E45 are absolutely useless

Just now, Cannonfodder said:

My other half gets quite bad eczema and unfortunately 99% of the over the counter creams like E45 are absolutely useless

Do you live in a hard water area?  If so, get a proper salt based water softener.  Electronic or magnetic ones are pointless.   SWMBO gets itchy skin within hours of ours running putnof salt.

11 hours ago, Yashy said:

Hello.

So this is going to sound very silly but i just need help. I've got facial eczema around my noes, cheeks, forehead and around the eyes. If I get hit in the face it leaves a mark that hyperpigments and doesn't stop itching and causes dermatis. 

I recently got a https://www.airsoftzone.co.uk/half-face-mesh-mask-od-green-with-double-strap-nuprol.html

The mesh mask absolutely feels so uncomfortable and makes my cheekbones itch and nose itch due to the mesh being so strong. I don't want to sound fussy or just stupid and people thinking im being a donut. I just don't want my health conditions stopping me from having fun. sorry to sound so annoying. 

Just need something that is padded enough and keeps me protected and doesn't fucking hurt and aggravate anything. 

This could be an alternative. Only tiny piece of mesh to protect your smile. The rest is very comfy fabric.

2 hours ago, Krisz said:

This could be an alternative. Only tiny piece of mesh to protect your smile. The rest is very comfy fabric.

That's amazing, But i just need some slight nose protection because the eczema is on my nose. Is there a thing such as "soft mesh" that isn't that hard and crazy?

Yeah I've tried making it accustomed to my cheek bones but it just doesn't work, I'm also worried about If i get something really big i will struggle at aiming down in sights as the mask might come in the way. 

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/nuprol-mask-6-tactical-half-face-mask?fv=9912&srsltid=AfmBOookdKMQeKvFGhAFkVMvBLtDHx-cth3pR62XMcNzq9VONx0sN52c5O4 I was looking at this as it is soft fabric on the cheeks, But will it still give a nice bruise if someone blows my cheek? 

13 hours ago, EDcase said:

I'd suggest one of these:

Fencing Plus Ear Mask - Just BB Guns

The most protection you can get without the heat.

Might be worth wearing shooting glasses underneath if you're concerned about shattering BBs but I think its flexible enough that that's unlikely.

4 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

You're certainly not being silly for being concerned about your health and anyone who says otherwise is a cnut who should be ignored.

Have you tried bending the mesh into a more comfortable? If this isn't possible then I'd go with TPH's suggestion of attaching the mask to a helmet. Replica brain buckets can be picked up quite cheaply on Amazon or Ebay.

I will try and find something that's clear to see in that case, I'll look for a clear screen than a mesh screen. Just was wondering if i'll struggle to look down on sight as the mask could come in the way of the stock?. this mesh stuff really bugs me especially when I got shot yesterday and the bb broke and I had to spit half of it out.

I've also found this to go with a helmet and bolle safety goggles https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/fma-half-face-mask 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Yashy said:

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/nuprol-mask-6-tactical-half-face-mask?fv=9912&srsltid=AfmBOookdKMQeKvFGhAFkVMvBLtDHx-cth3pR62XMcNzq9VONx0sN52c5O4 I was looking at this as it is soft fabric on the cheeks, But will it still give a nice bruise if someone blows my cheek? 

They're actually quite well padded on the sides (I have one like that).

On 27/08/2023 at 23:19, Miêu Anh-Nguyễn said:

Have you ever considered something like that?

5350272e86c258e39ca316b3dc1f7fc.jpg

this is amazing, however what would it be like when i aim down in sight and could it come in the way when i aim with the stock?

16 minutes ago, Yashy said:

this is amazing, however what would it be like when i aim down in sight and could it come in the way when i aim with the stock?

Adapt & over come...

sight risers?

folding stock?

shit hot PDW?

If a mesh mask is causing issues you could always put a 1 hole bally underneath? Does get a smidge warm during heatwaves though.

I suffer from exczma as well so I can definitely sympathise!

There's a few sites where you can find ex police NATO helmets (the riot helmets with the visors) for pretty cheap. Not sure how well they'd do in terms of fogging and general protection though.

On 26/08/2023 at 22:35, Yashy said:

Hello.

So this is going to sound very silly but i just need help. I've got facial eczema around my nose, cheeks, forehead and around the eyes. If I get hit in the face it leaves a mark that hyperpigments and doesn't stop itching and causes dermatis. 

• 2 months later...

That mask will be in contact with your skin a lot & so will the goggles.

I'd look for a lightweight helmet that has a face shield or fitted mask.

At the very least & recommend suitable glasses.

2 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

That mask will be in contact with your skin a lot & so will the goggles.

I'd look for a lightweight helmet that has a face shield or fitted mask.

At the very least & recommend suitable glasses.

Ah okay, Do you know any recommendations? I saw one like this https://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/clothing-gear/nuprol-fast-adjustable-helmet-with-removable-pilot-mask_i52412 but it got sold quite fast.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.