Rattle-can gun camo - show me your *bold* patterns

OOF. Was it a ricochet or did you pull the trigger while it was pointed at the monitor?

Regardless, why are all of your setups so cluttered? There's more than a few pics posted recently of peoples setups and they're all like this. It's agonising.

Edited by MrTea

42 minutes ago, MrTea said:

OOF. Was it a ricochet or did you pull the trigger while it was pointed at the monitor?

Regardless, why are all of your setups so cluttered? There's more than a few pics posted recently of peoples setups and they're all like this. It's agonising.

I was trying to make a set of grips and slides fit with a mag in the well (because the mag was catching on the new grip) and the safety is really weird on the Auto 9.

I am planning on a big tidy up at the weekend when I install a new monitor and monitor stand.

Old 4 monitor stand will be available to reasonable offers  😉

Edited by Dan Robinson

58 minutes ago, MrTea said:

why are all of your setups so cluttered? There's more than a few pics posted recently of peoples setups and they're all like this. It's agonising

It's all there for a reason!  (Well, mostly)

1 hour ago, Dan Robinson said:

The less said about what I did to one of my monitors the other day the better...

My plastic bin has quite a few holes in it, for ... "reasons"

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

7 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I have actually made a box for test firing and chrono work.  This was a slightly different situation. 

11 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Cheaper to replace than a monitor (or a bin).

375310476_9927169447325034_1593729056239064713_n.jpg

And another monitor situated directly behind it... 

“Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.”

😁

18 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

And another monitor situated directly behind it... 

“Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.”

😁

Box in that position purely for photography...  inside though is 3 of the boy's old school shirts so nothing gets through.  

Guys please! Fire your stuff nowhere near your setups. I test mine in an empty garage with a mesh net wrapped around the chrono until it literally blew the zip out and i'm figuring out a new solution that can withstand 500fps.

Edited by MrTea
Spelling

3 hours ago, MrTea said:

Guys please! Fire your stuff nowhere near your setups.

But then we won't all be able to get cheap laughs at other people's mistakes

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Gunboat Diplomat said:

Ha!  And I thought I was the only one using the weekly Gousto box as a ballistic gel substitute. 

I have ine as a divider in my magazine and bb box too.  Gousto is great.

• 1 month later...

Bold, yes.

Camo....er not really. 😂

Wanted to copy the Q honey badger and even got pics sent from Kevin himself in the states.

He liked it too. 😁😂

PXL_20230415_092425131.jpg

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

Not bold but the closest I could get to the C7's green...

C7.jpg

You could almost get away with that as a 2-tone! Always found the Canadian C7 green very bright!

The C7 build inspired me to put my Classic Army M16 back together and rattle-can it (again) ...

540040513_CAM16stripey.jpg.fc604d4a3c9ec2e878c443bcf8078bb9.jpg

I might add some more stripes to break up the stock a bit more and add some extra contrast, but it came out quite well considering it's cold and windy outside so it wasn't ideal conditions.

Now the only problem is that darned thing isn't feeding from my Lonex mags :(  The feed nozzle is pushing down enough to release the normal 4 BB's through (which fall out when I release the mag) so it's not the mag positioning that's the problem - I guess the cylinder's nozzle isn't moving back far enough?  I can see it move when I fire.  Bah humbug.

@Egon_247 you might like the new FW video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwPsgXZpSXI
Ian's preferred version very much in line with yours :)
237399474_HoneyBadger.jpg.82fd317d6de763d450b3ef6fd80a696e.jpg

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

@RostokMcSpoons

Yeah, just seen that one. I like FW. He's an Ian, same as me, so he gets even more brownie points. 😂

All my mags have the 300 blackout elastic band things on too. 😁

My first try at Camo painting. I’ve tried the sponge technique, worked out quite well. What do you think? 

The green isn’t quite as bright as in the picture.

IMG_4466.thumb.jpeg.1759c2d67374e75c126764b26302c079.jpegIMG_4465.thumb.jpeg.e5fe28bf1fc6ff9d5a514336afe2ffe0.jpegIMG_4467.thumb.jpeg.9849c4d9d6002da4ed92ff63df2572a7.jpeg

Been spraying kit for a while. Thought id share a few tips ive learnt over time.

Halfords camo spray paint is top quality for price, works just as well as higher priced brands like krylon and EC paint.

Best way to make stencils is put a laminator sheet through the laminator to get a thin perspex like sheet. Then trace the camo patterns off the back of a shirt and cut with an exacto knife. Gives nice clean lines.

Stencils held away from the item you are spraying gives less clean edges which actually work really well for camouflage.

Using a light colour spray far away from the finished product to create a light dusting that dulls all the colours youve sprayed.

Airfix/ modelling matt sealents work well to protect the items from lots of chipping

Dhobi mag/netting works ok as a spray template, but can look bad as a finished product. Using a net with bigger holes works a lot better to break up shapes.

Appreciate most people probably already know this stuff but hopefully helps someone.

2 hours ago, hprentice said:

Halfords camo spray paint is top quality for price, works just as well as higher priced brands like krylon and EC paint.

I just recently bought Krylon “camo” as Halfords was out of stock. Personally I prefer Halfords, goes on better and dries better. I also prefer the colours of the Halfords paint. 

The far away dusting is a good idea though, I may have to try that!