Chemical airsoft

Recently played at chenical airsoft In Oldham

Heard some bad stuff about them from other marshalls at diff sites and to be honest it's all unfounded as site was awesomely run staff and marshals very helpful I and a few lads had gun issues and was sorted very quickly.

Grant,Michael and Jake are a  awesome group or staff and extremely helpful to new players to sport and even new players to the site

Can't praise them enough for how site was run on sunday 16th July.

Great venue and has 2 separate buildings for cqb setups

Edited by NWWP Direwolf

• Supporters

Welcome, no offence but maybe some other players who didn't just join today can give us their opinion of the site & the quality of its staff😏

• 1 month later...

I'm a firm believer in people trying out sites for themselves rather than just going on what they hear. I've had great games at supposedly terrible sites and there are sites which get alot of praise which I found to be absolute dog shit that I won't return to

On 17/07/2023 at 11:56, NWWP Direwolf said:

Recently played at chenical airsoft In Oldham

Heard some bad stuff about them from other marshalls at diff sites and to be honest it's all unfounded as site was awesomely run staff and marshals very helpful I and a few lads had gun issues and was sorted very quickly.

Grant,Michael and Jake are a  awesome group or staff and extremely helpful to new players to sport and even new players to the site

Can't praise them enough for how site was run on sunday 16th July.

Great venue and has 2 separate buildings for cqb setups

This is such a positive review from a new forum member, as their first post that it looks almost too good to be true....like a member of the team or site owner etc has seen some negative reviews online and is trying to counter them by putting fake positive reviews out there. 

Details such as the fact you've played there recently, suggesting that it was your first visit....yet you know the names of 3 of the marshalls....kinda sounds fishy. I know the names of about 3 marshalls at my local site and I've been going there over 10 years. 

Also, the fact you seem bursting with positivity about the site and the team, it's only take 7 ish weeks since your visit to join a forum and post a review is.....fishy. it's normally 7 weeks after I've done something awesome that I'm desperate to tell people about it as well. 

To sum up, the site is in Oldham, all previous negative comments we may have heard about the site (I haven't personally heard any, anyway) should be ignored, it's a great site for beginners and the site is suitable for woodland and cqb so perfect for all players.....but this is definitely not an advert from the site owner in the guise of a review to counter people criticising it.

I didn't know of the site until this post, so thank you for that. I do love some cqb in non warehouse environments. However in the rules it mentions all gun that have semi and can meet the fps rules are OK, but same page states they allow binary triggers with 2rnds per trigger pull, which isn't semi in my mind. 

A pinch of salt maybe....

7 hours ago, concretesnail said:

binary triggers with 2rnds per trigger pull, which isn't semi in my mind. 

Agreed. Imo binary triggers are for people wanting to skirt round semi only rules, either because they can't shoot or are wanting to over shoot people 

So if someone with a binary trigger

'spams' said trigger it's gonna be like full auto?

Surely the marshals or other players will notice that and sound off.

My arthritic digits can just about manage one pull before they need a rest.

Since I have been dmr'ing I've not used f/a and I'm loving it 😉

Regards 

8 hours ago, concretesnail said:

I didn't know of the site until this post, so thank you for that. I do love some cqb in non warehouse environments. However in the rules it mentions all gun that have semi and can meet the fps rules are OK, but same page states they allow binary triggers with 2rnds per trigger pull, which isn't semi in my mind. 

A pinch of salt maybe....

Running a binary trigger is not using semi; I cannot see a legitimate reason for using one.

8 hours ago, concretesnail said:

…..binary triggers with 2rnds per trigger pull,

19 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Agreed. Imo binary triggers are for people wanting to skirt round semi only rules, either because they can't shoot or are wanting to over shoot people 

3 minutes ago, Shamal said:

So if someone with a binary trigger

'spams' said trigger it's gonna be like full auto?

There is a bit of real life physics to the ‘history’ of binary triggers 

(I’m not going to remember the proper science as I’m an old man now, so the following is vagueness, and any language may not be technically correct)

There are real life guns that by design did / do have a physical binary trigger 

There is also trigger ‘bounce’ where some manual triggers will fail to stop the return, which could be poorly adjusted (deliberately or not) and the trigger sear hasn’t aligned in time to stop the cycle, could have a worn sear or the ‘load’ doesn’t have enough pressure to fully cycle (which can trigger multiple shots or replicate full auto

If you’ve ever used/seen a Tippmann at a paintball rental site and the site staff have not fully refilled the Co2/air then you may have experienced ‘burping’ as the pressure drops and it can’t fully cycle to stop on the sear

When there’s an electronic trigger then various ‘modes’ may get added, either as formal modes or by tweaking a few variables in the settings 

These would include semi (keep shooting whilst pulling), full auto (keep shooting whilst held), bursts and bounce (multiple shots per pull)

A ramping mode may be added which would be semi auto until you sustained a number of shots and then replicate full auto as long as you pull within a time limit 

In paintball you would sometimes see guns released with an US/international circuit board and a UK board.  
The US board would have all modes, UK would exclude full auto

If you / your supplier grey imported, (or you preordered and received yours from the first limited runs) you may find the board was US which may or may not have helpfully had a red / green LED fitted to highlight that difference

This then brought the question of legality of more than one shot per pull

Then turn up to a UK event and only be allowed to use semi, perhaps ‘accidentally’ with bounce for a binary effect 

ROF kept increasing until everyone set rules, then you may end up with electronics to be required to run on ‘modes’ capped to 10.5bps / semi capped (if settings allow) /  semi uncapped for mechanicals or boards that don’t support caps

If you had any finger skills then just use a mechanical, fit a double trigger and ‘walk’ your fingers.

With practice you could shoot a greater ROF than any of the capped modes

………

My issue with full auto is the safety situation, that if you get caught in a bush then it will keep firing, but other modes capable of replicating full auto need you to keep moving the trigger so have less of a safety issue (of the trigger - not necessarily the person pulling it)

……..

I would support a site using whatever modes that they choose, provided it’s legal, they think of the safety, and it’s suitable for the site / types of players 

If we are grown ups then we accept being shot and that there may be more BBs following once you put your hand up - that’s fine if the shooter then stops.

If it’s a mixed crowd of regulars / rentals / newbies then it’s dickish to be hammering out streams 

……..

It is less of a matter about the type of gun/trigger but more a case of who is pulling the trigger 

34 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

It is less of a matter about the type of gun/trigger but more a case of who is pulling the trigger

Unfortunately in my experience the sort of person who's going to be using that type of trigger tend to be bellends

16 hours ago, NWWP Direwolf said:

Top secret is OK but stairs are a killer 

Your fitness levels are not the fault of the site

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Unless they allow binary triggers because a marshal has one.  Unprecedented, I know.

Surely not!

• 6 months later...

Gonna update this here. Played my first game in 4 years and went to Chemical a few weeks ago. I've known the owners (Grant and Jack) for years from when they played at Trojan/Invasion in Stockport.

As far as CQB sites go, it's pretty run of the mill. Corridors to lock down, flanking routes and plenty of cover. It is a tiny bit more speedsoft oriented with music playing during rounds but it was still fun.

Semi only, no binary triggers when I went and a typical no nonsense rule set made for a relaxing and fun first game back. Smaller than Invasion was but that was fine, only 9 of us that day but it worked out.

2 hours ago, Paltala said:

no binary triggers when I went

Just to clarify, is that binary triggers are banned or that there wasn't anyone using one?

21 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Just to clarify, is that binary triggers are banned or that there wasn't anyone using one?

I was told they were not allowed. I have one on my Krytac and was specifically told it was Semi only.

32 minutes ago, Paltala said:

I was told they were not allowed. I have one on my Krytac and was specifically told it was Semi only.

Thanks