Trittech Shooting Glasses With Built In Fan.

Chev Chelios

Did a search of the site to see if any news on the pre-order delivery and was surprised these had not been posted. https://trittech-us.com/ 

Looking at the youtube channel ballistic testing seems good and the antifog look amazing. From someone that can fog a DYE mask I use an ExFOG like system but its just a PITA with the tubes so most of the time I wear my heroshark mesh but I have astigmatism and in low light suffer. Fingers crossed they turn out as advertised. 

Screenshot_33.jpg

• Supporters

Oh, nice.  Yes, I'm a huge fan of fans. That's a decent looking design and I do hope that they actually ship units to those who've pre-ordered.

However, having seen several such projects stall at the "nearly ready to ship!" state indefinitely, I'm going to wait for the £30 Ali Express clones.

They say you can get prescription lenses for them, and I'm sure you can, but I don't think the prescription lenses will be sufficient eye protection for airsoft. I have asked the question, but I think it's highly unlikely :( 

If they are, I'll get some when it's not a pre-order. As @Rogerborg said, these projects can stall at this stage, or simply... disappear. I'll wait, my sawflys and herosharks are fine with inserts for now.

Had an email 

Bulk Production Update: We are happy to announce that the mold for our product is nearly complete, with just seven days remaining until its finalization. Once the mold is ready, we will swiftly proceed with the assembly and packaging of the units. This progress brings us closer to delivering the high-quality Air Raiders you have eagerly anticipated.

1 hour ago, Impulse said:

They say you can get prescription lenses for them, and I'm sure you can, but I don't think the prescription lenses will be sufficient eye protection for airsoft. I have asked the question, but I think it's highly unlikely :( 

Last time I had my eyes checked was about 7 years ago and she said I would need them by the time I hit 40, that's in July but I seem to be doing alright (fingers crossed). Just seen this pop up on Facebook as well so probably right to be sceptical about prescription lenes. https://prnt.sc/3nfZboiH6np6

• 3 weeks later...

Well these are a Kickstarter product which I have backed and currently in production phase. So will let you all know when they arrive and test them. But I am looking forward to them. 

Also I wear prescription glasses and will be looking for some rated lenses for them. They have partnered up with a usa and uk glasses company for said service so when they arrive will get that done too. 

But they do look good and hopefully they do whats said on the tin 

K

no, I usually only make them at request from people i know. so far I've made about 20 sets for people and everyone that has used them have never fogged up. The set in the picture above have just been made for one of the marshals at a UCAP site. 

I've got enough bits here to make 2 more sets before I have to order more fans from China. If 2 people are interested I can sell a set for 60 quid which covers postage and if you manage to break them in 12 months I'll repair for free. 60 quid might seem steep but i'm about breaking even as everything is blooming epensive now. I use a flexi resin for the fan housing and the price of flexi resin is getting stupid! (78 quid for a bottle now).

36 minutes ago, mightyjebus said:

no, I usually only make them at request from people i know. so far I've made about 20 sets for people and everyone that has used them have never fogged up. The set in the picture above have just been made for one of the marshals at a UCAP site. 

I've got enough bits here to make 2 more sets before I have to order more fans from China. If 2 people are interested I can sell a set for 60 quid which covers postage and if you manage to break them in 12 months I'll repair for free. 60 quid might seem steep but i'm about breaking even as everything is blooming epensive now. I use a flexi resin for the fan housing and the price of flexi resin is getting stupid! (78 quid for a bottle now).

I'll take that offer dude. 👍

I've got a pair with fans in, but they're mahoosive things with crappy battery connectors and they make me look like something out of Daft Punk.

Looks fairly promising. Revision desert locust fan goggles are usually close to two hundred quid. Turbofans being somewhat similar and more difficult to find.  Haven't seen smith OTW goggles in a few years.  So nice to have some additional options.    

• Moderators
On 26/07/2023 at 15:50, DerDer said:

Looks fairly promising. Revision desert locust fan goggles are usually close to two hundred quid. Turbofans being somewhat similar and more difficult to find.  Haven't seen smith OTW goggles in a few years.  So nice to have some additional options.    

yeah, ive been looking for a new pair as found out friday night my fan has failed on a pair of Rev goggles, had to lend my son another set and went with the ESS ones....but needed that pair to work due to thermal lens

wondering whether they are discontinuing them?, Smiths though havent been around for years now

tempted with that ex fog pack....

Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. One of the main pluses for Revision was the available thermal lenses.  Would be a pity if either of the firms discontinued their fan offerings. 

Certainly have been tempted by the ex-fog system in the past. One of my coroners would it being snagged on various kit.

Headwear/goggles/mesh mask and potentially comms kit.  Can feel a bit like bondage even before adding in various rubber parts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

As a big ESS/Rev fan goggle user, I have to say I was pretty shocked by their seeming total lack of availability now (having not looked for a few years).  Personally I'll only play with full seal lensed eye pro and for me a fan is then a 100% necessity, so unless the likes of ESS get back in to the business then either getting the Trittechs or home bodging some non-fan goggles will be the way I'd have to go.   Though given I've always gone for my lower face pro attached to goggles which doesn't really look feasible with these, then the home brew path might be the only option left.

• 5 weeks later...
On 26/07/2023 at 10:41, mightyjebus said:

for 109 quid plus shipping I'll stick to my ghetto modded glasses.

image.thumb.jpeg.9fc54de4fa92809e01eed98e6745441a.jpeg

These look cool, are you still making them? :)

• Supporters
On 12/08/2023 at 11:55, TheFull9 said:

As a big ESS/Rev fan goggle user, I have to say I was pretty shocked by their seeming total lack of availability now (having not looked for a few years).  Personally I'll only play with full seal lensed eye pro and for me a fan is then a 100% necessity, so unless the likes of ESS get back in to the business then either getting the Trittechs or home bodging some non-fan goggles will be the way I'd have to go.   Though given I've always gone for my lower face pro attached to goggles which doesn't really look feasible with these, then the home brew path might be the only option left.

ESS still make the Turbofan Profile model but they seem to be moving towards a passive anti-fog solution. Probably down to weight/battery availability at a guess? See if they're at DSEI and ask?

12 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

yes mate, your timing is exellent as I finished making 4 pairs last night. PM me if you want a pair.

Just replied!

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters
On 20/10/2023 at 18:54, Chev Chelios said:

Any idea what exact EN ISO 16321 rating they've been given? The standard covers a multitude of things

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/10/2023 at 16:51, Lozart said:

Any idea what exact EN ISO 16321 rating they've been given? The standard covers a multitude of things

Got a reply for this 

Screenshot_2023-11-07-16-10-18-12_c37b75a40c4db9498890c6e8ec9f5018.jpg

• Supporters

For anyone that is not aware of the new standard there is a BSI white paper available here: https://www.bsigroup.com/globalassets/localfiles/en-gb/product-certification/ppe-eye-wear/en-iso-16321-white-paper-230720.pdf

If you look at the physical requirements tests, while they say that the new 'C' impact rating is equivalent to the old EN166F rating, they actually use a bigger, heavier test weight now.

The one thing that does confuse me a little though is the use case:

The standard now excludes
face protectors intended for live-working to
protect against short-circuit electric arcs, laser
protectors, sports eyewear, protectors for use
during medical applications, protectors for
medically prescribed applications; protectors
specifically intended for protection against solar
radiation only or protectors intended to protect
against ionizing radiation. There are separate
standards to cover these specific use devices.

Might make any insurance claims tricky if they fail in use, seeing as the standard only actually applies to eyewear for occupational or educational use.

• 3 months later...